R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Also, those suppose it R62As permanent loaners dont have the LED lights. I though the whole point was to tranfer the R62As that has those lights to the (6) line since it has the express/local distinction.

The red paint at the bottom of the doors could mean anything. It just seems silly knowing more R62As are coming from the (7) and all of a sudden the loaners are permanent to Westchester. Hell theres a few R142A sets that were originally from Westchester running on the (4).

Edited by jon2305

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still doubt the sets from the 1 are staying on the 6. It is too early to say when there are still r62as still on the 7. Also there will be more trains coming back to the mainline because the 7 has 8 brand new trains as well as the additional insert cars. 2,4,5 lines will probably get a few extra trains via displaced trains. 4 will probably send a few r142s to the 2/5 and the 4 will take on some r142as from the 6 (and may as well take all the r142as since there will be a handful left. Send back a few r142s to the 6 in return). Also the 1 will eventually be all r62as again and can then give back the r62s to the 3.

What i don't get is why not give the 6 the 1800s if westchester was keeping a set permanently. I also understand the point about the led signs, but i don't think it should be that hard to either install new ones on r62as that didn't have them before or take them out of the sets going to the 1 (sets in the high 2000s to 2150s) and putting them on the ones going to the 6.

As for the singles, i dunno why a set isn't linked up yet. Perhaps it might soon? Aren't there plans to reconstruct the times sq S platform so it can handle 5-car trains and eliminate the need for 3 and 4 car trains?

Edited by Grand Concourse

I still doubt the sets from the 1 are staying on the 6. It is too early to say when there are still r62as still on the 7. Also there will be more trains coming back to the mainline because the 7 has 8 brand new trains as well as the additional insert cars. 2,4,5 lines will probably get a few extra trains via displaced trains. 4 will probably send a few r142s to the 2/5 and the 4 will take on some r142as from the 6 (and may as well take all the r142as since there will be a handful left. Swap back a few r142s in return). Also the 1 will eventually be all r62as again and give back the r62s to the 3.

What i don't get is why not give the 6 the 1800s if westchester was keeping a set permanently. I also understand the point about the led signs, but i don't think it should be that hard to either install new ones on r62as that didn't have them before or take them out of the sets going to the 1 (sets in the high 2000s to 2150s) and putting them on the ones going to the 6.

Sending the 1800s to the (6) is what SHOULD of happened in the first place. As far as putting the LEDs lights on those sets, I dont even think Westchester knows how to even install those things let alone maintain them.

Really now? I wonder how they make service with one train lol

I think he meant the R62s from the (3) lol.

*shit lol I put 62s when I was on mobile but auto-typed to A instead, but yes, R62 from Kawasaki is what I meant

Edited by Calvin

Also, those suppose it R62As permanent loaners dont have the LED lights. I though the whole point was to tranfer the R62As that has those lights to the (6) line since it has the express/local distinction.

The red paint at the bottom of the doors could mean anything. It just seems silly knowing more R62As are coming from the (7) and all of a sudden the loaners are permanent to Westchester. Hell theres a few R142A sets that were originally from Westchester running on the (4).

Um no , the reason that the R62A's returned to the (6) is because the R142A's got taken out of the (6) to go to Flushing so they had to go somewhere. Those sets originally from Westchester are staying on the (4) as well , Iv been noticing the R62A's on the (6) with the messed up Leds instead of fixing them up Westchester have been removing them completely. 

Edited by R62AR33

Um no , the reason that the R62A's returned to the (6) is because the R142A's got taken out of the (6) to go to Flushing so they had to go somewhere. Those sets originally from Westchester are staying on the (4) as well , Iv been noticing the R62A's on the (6) with the messed up Leds instead of fixing them up Westchester have been removing them completely.

Yes I know about the R142As going to the (7), hence the name of the discussion thread.

True, it seems to be that Westchester is much less caring about the LEDs and Rollsigns n the 62As. 1781 had a missing bottom scroll for more than 5 months, 1735 has a missing interior LED sign, 1761 has no LEDs on one side, 1965 has a dead sign, and A LOT have this glitch where only a small section of the LEDs are powered on and Westchester seems to care not one bit about it. But to somewhat bring this thread back on track, 2111-2115 is on the (6) with a majority of its signs still scrolled to (7), and 7531, the lowest 142A on the (6) should be heading out soon