R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like going back lol. That set was the first along with 1741-1745 to go to the (6) back in early 2013 as a 5-car single until coming back to Corona.

oh yeah, I forgot about that lol

1741-45/2141-45 were the only 62As on the (6) that time but with everyone on 2141-45  :lol:

Edited by Calvin

In case anyone's interested, 7811 is really having some major programming issues. It keeps thinking its a <7> to Queensboro Plaza when the rest of the set is programmed to the (7) to Mets - Willets Point. When the rest of the set is programmed to the (7) to 111 St, 7811 thinks it's a (6) to Brooklyn Bridge. This car is out of control

In case anyone's interested, 7811 is really having some major programming issues. It keeps thinking its a <7> to Queensboro Plaza when the rest of the set is programmed to the (7) to Mets - Willets Point. When the rest of the set is programmed to the (7) to 111 St, 7811 thinks it's a (6) to Brooklyn Bridge. This car is out of control

I need to find this car ASAP...

Ok I know this a stupid ass question and I know I'm suppose to be the tech guy here, but I'm still confused about how the R188's function and are converted.

R188's are paired like this, correct?

A-C-B-B-B-A+A-B-B-B-A

So let's take the set 7776-7785 (hypothetically since it isn't getting converted.)and break it down.

Every car is uncoupled and converted into their R188 counter part, except for the B car's. Then a C car is inserted between 7776 and 7777 to make a 11 car train, correct?

The main reason why a C car is added is to add an additional car to make a 11 car set and because C cars are needed to have CBTC operations, correct?

Edited by Javier