R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Don't think that car has the full original though. One of them actually has the 1999 service pattern with the "Downtown only" had Broadway-Lafayette covered up, funnily enough. Just checked my records though: 7550 was actually the car with the fully original strip map. Can't remember which set had the old strips all together now.

Yeah it isn't the full original but does have the (brownM) ,orange (Q), (V) and  (W) IIRC.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the 7600's has strip maps like that too...

Don't think that car has the full original though. One of them actually has the 1999 service pattern with the "Downtown only" had Broadway-Lafayette covered up, funnily enough. Just checked my records though: 7550 was actually the car with the fully original strip map. Can't remember which set had the old strips all together now.

7632 has one side with the original maps. Only thing added to the map was the canal st ADA sticker and M86 SBS.

Im not understanding these transfers. Instead of Unionport taking their original R62A set back they take Westchester's (formally Corona's). So 2136-2140 is on the (1) along with 1911-1915 -_- the hell does the (1) need LED Rollsigns?

Edited by VIP

great catch! 

Caught 1960 on my way to the Mets game last night. RFWs are a dying breed!

It is too bad. That is one of my favorite parts of a subway ride. It is sad that the next generation of railfans won't be able to see RFWs except on Museum fan trips.

great catch! 

It is too bad. That is one of my favorite parts of a subway ride. It is sad that the next generation of railfans won't be able to see RFWs except on Museum fan trips.

The NTT's RFW's are just as fine if not better to watch (but not record cause of that whole three layer glass thing)

A railfan saying the NTT RFW is better than the view on the R32s? That's a first. The poor RFW view is the main reason a lot of railfans seem to dislike the NTT in the first place  :lol:

To me, the view on the older cars is better as you can see every little detail right in of the train... which is not noticeable on the NTT cause the view is so distorted.

Edited by trainfan22