R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe this ridiculous strip map  discussion continued... not only is it pointless but it has nothing to do with the R188s... It's hilarious that it is being discussed on the R188 discussion thread where the R188s run on the (7) and only the (7).

So... for the final time, back on topic please. 

Yes, the R188 order is complete. All sets have been accepted, and all sets are in service at this time with no sets CBTC testing (at the moment, I'm not sure if there is a set waiting to be tested as most sets have the components installed). There are still 2 trains of 62As running with 3 5 car sets at Corona and 7 singles, 1 to place in between 2075 and 2091 and 6 to couple with 2081-2085. Both trains are still in service.

The other day I managed to walk across the boardwalk over looking corona yard and saw several R62As singles scatterd around the yard.

Also, the two remaining 240th St yard R62As that are on the (6) are coupled together at the moment. Since all the expected R188s are now on the (7), maybe they should send those sets back over to the (1) and have whatever R62As sets remaning on the (7) be sent to the (6) to make up for it.

This is a R188 discussion thread meaning conversations and information only on the R188s. *R62As can be brought to this thread due to converted 5-car sets moving to the 6 but that's done.

The B division has nothing to do with the R188 thread. 

Anyways, from my observation: All high # unit from the 5-car sets have the "No coupler Adapter" notice while the lowest 5 car units with a single car has that notice as well. 

The order of the train of the 7: 

West to Manhattan: Lowest to Highest, while east to Main St is from highest to lowest. 

Edited by CH3348

Its complete. One or two sets of R188s are out for CBTC testing at a time, so the two trains of R62A's will be staying for the time being.

I saw those two sets of R62A's both a Flushing Main St on Thursday. It was quite amazing that they would both be there since they are very few of them. Some dude was actually standing in the first car looking through the window and recording too.

Believe it or not Javier, DJ Hammers is not the only person in New York City who has a video camera and sometimes records the subway. Shocking fact, I know.

I made a really shitty video of the (J) last week. Not posting it because of how shitty it was, but I have it.

Apparently no one saw the emojii...

You have to use forum emoji or they won't become visible. I realized that using my system emoji won't work.

But once I post, my system emoji design (S4) overrides the forum design (iOS).

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

It's perfectly visible... he meant that the people who replied ignored it or chose not to regard it...

Not to mention it works on both my desktop or iPad.

Maybe my alphabet is missing it.

Android, Windows and iOS all released new emoji this past summer and I'm running a Lolli build of Android from last November.

It's quite possible I saw it on my desktop client which I loaded custom emoji sets.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

I saw those two sets of R62A's both a Flushing Main St on Thursday. It was quite amazing that they would both be there since they are very few of them. Some dude was actually standing in the first car looking through the window and recording too.

If it was Thursday morning that was actually me. I had to go to Flushing that morning and it happened to show up at 34th Street. I did a short interior video and had the whole car to myself from 74th Street to Main Street which was surprising.

So the 142s are nearing 20 years old, and we already have two new different fleets coming in for the B division. Aside from the 188s that were meant for the (7), what does the future hold for newer A division cars, specifically ones to replace the R62s?

Until the MTA officially announces new plans for new A division cars and quote, unqoute "the R62s are reaching the end of their useful lives", its way to early to tell.