R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Only 1 set of R188's are out of service I believe as one if the sets weren't damaged too badly. Speaking of R62A's, I rode the set that came from the (6) and it was really clean prob cuz they prepped it for (7) service. The floor was like a peach color too, how come some are peach colored? And some are not? Or is my memory that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 1 set of R188's are out of service I believe as one if the sets weren't damaged too badly. Speaking of R62A's, I rode the set that came from the (6) and it was really clean prob cuz they prepped it for (7) service. The floor was like a peach color too, how come some are peach colored? And some are not? Or is my memory that bad.

Could have sworn it was two sets. Peach colored floors are on R62As that still retain the original flooring and were never changed when they received minor overhauls over the past decade or so. That includes 1958, a 209x car, a couple 214x cars, and maybe a few others. All 240th sets and R62s have the black floors though. One of the 214x cars--2147?--actually has some flooring from a redbird stitched in too.

It is highly unlikely Flushing CBTC goes online on Tuesday seeing how there are several trains of R188s with no adapter leading. The cars with no adapter also don't have the main computer components installed, they just have the computers which operate the doors and CBTC screen. (The most logical reason they spec'd them this way is probably because of the C car, which they are probably regretting with all the recent incidents). In addition the R62As that are on the 7 now makes the probability of CBTC going online Tuesday very small. But who knows, maybe it will happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

44 R-62A's were still assigned to Corona as of September 29.

2146-50 went back to 6--

Not just 1939 but also 1921, 1922, 1925 and 1959 to Livonia.  Future uncertain (as in possible Work Service?).

No R-62A's on 7 the PM rush of Monday, October 2.

The rest of the R-62A's may be moving on at any time.

15 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

2146-50 went back to 6--

Not just 1939 but also 1921, 1922, 1925 and 1959 to Livonia.  Future uncertain (as in possible Work Service?).

The ones in Livonia will be for the 42 St (S). Probably just rotating the cars out

On 10/2/2017 at 10:16 PM, m2fwannabe said:

2146-50 went back to 6--

As mentioned above, Shuttle service. 1921-25 are separate cars now.