R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

7 minutes ago, jon2305 said:

People keep saying the remaining R62As are leaving the (7)soon, but that's been said for atleast the past two years already.

No, they are, in the past few years, R62/A's keep diminishing on the (7) as time goes on. There are only around 1 to maybe 3 sets on the line now with all being sent to the (6)  once CTBC is completed for the (7) , which requires NTT. CTBC for the line is basically almost completed at this point, so the sets will leave soon.

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jon2305 said:

People keep saying the remaining R62As are leaving the (7) soon, but that's been said for atleast the past two years already.

16 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

No, they are, in the past few years, R62/A's keep diminishing on the (7) as time goes on. There are only around 1 to maybe 3 sets on the line now with all being sent to the (6)  once CTBC is completed for the (7) , which requires NTT. CTBC for the line is basically almost completed at this point, so the sets will leave soon.

I know, I was talking about the remaining ones (5-car links 2071-75, 2081-85, 2091-95) including the leftover singles that are scattered around there.

Edited by jon2305

1 hour ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

2 sets

1 hour ago, LGA Link N train said:

There's an R62A (7) train sitting at Hudson Yards relay but I don't know when it'll come out

It just did. (I literally just rode it half an hour ago from Times Square to Queens). 1934 facing Flushing, 2091 facing Manhattan. Both half-cabs. It's a shame they'll be gone very soon.

3 hours ago, BayParkwayW said:

It just did. (I literally just rode it half an hour ago from Times Square to Queens). 1934 facing Flushing, 2091 facing Manhattan. Both half-cabs. It's a shame they'll be gone very soon.

Damn, I wanted to ride it but I had to be home by 4 so I couldn't ride it

20 hours ago, Snowblock said:

Going, going and GONE! Corona is now 100% R188. 

Finally Happened!! And it's not too likely old trains will show back up, they lasted so long however, R62A Were first tested on the line on April 14, 1985, and there last run almost 33 years later in March 30th, 2018 (yesterday).  

21 hours ago, Snowblock said:

Going, going and GONE! Corona is now 100% R188. 

5 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Finally Happened!! And it's not too likely old trains will show back up, they lasted so long however, R62A Were first tested on the line on April 14, 1985, and there last run almost 33 years later in March 30th, 2018 (yesterday).  

And so ends another era on the (7).

No joke. the (7) line is now operating in CBTC ATPM mode 24/7 between Main St and Woodside-61, and in WSP from Woodside to 34-Hudson Yards. No exceptions will be made except in a CBTC zone controller failure, which means that ONLY CBTC-equipped trains can operate there during normal service, and only CBTC-qualified train operators may work the line. The last sets of R62A's were transferred to Westchester Yard last night.

1 hour ago, Snowblock said:

No joke. the (7) line is now operating in CBTC ATPM mode 24/7 between Main St and Woodside-61, and in WSP from Woodside to 34-Hudson Yards. No exceptions will be made except in a CBTC zone controller failure, which means that ONLY CBTC-equipped trains can operate there during normal service, and only CBTC-qualified train operators may work the line. The last sets of R62A's were transferred to Westchester Yard last night.

Not true as of yet there still 3 trains of R62A in Corona. I just took a photo of them around 9:00-30PM on 3/31/18. The CBTC Part is true. As of now those R62A are OOS and bound for Westchester Yd

Edited by R33WF

11 hours ago, Calvin said:

I don't mean to be negative on this (not trying to point out false statements) but is this an april fools trick? lol

Sadly no.

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

So I'm guessing in a matter of days, the oddball R142As will be moved to Jerome yard. Unless that already happened too.

I don't get why they can't move them to Corona. Or at least Fix Westchester yard 

43 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

I don't get why they can't move them to Corona. Or at least Fix Westchester yard 

An extra car will be required in order to move to Corona and head to Kawasaki for conversion. They also have enough trains for service since that problem was cleared up with the remaining 62As that was in-service. 

Edited by Calvin

These were the moves previously but now mentioned b/c of CBTC on the (7) line: 

6686-6710: Unionport to 239 St 

7086-7115: Jerome to Unionport 

7591-7595, 7611-7655: Westchester to Jerome

*We'll find out soon with the R142A at Westchester and the single units at Corona Yard

Edited by Calvin