R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Can someone please explain to me why the (2) and (5) trains are even a discussion in the R188 thread?????

That doesn't mean what he posted is not accurate.....

People trying to deny the logical/simpler move of where to send the displaced R62As... I swear this thread should've been closed till the R188s arrived on the property as there's always gotta be someone bitching about why the (6) has to take the 'old trains'. It's getting really old, no one has any patience or just loves endless speculations. Edited by Grand Concourse

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People trying to deny the logical/simpler move of where to send the displaced R62As... I swear this thread should've been closed till the R188s arrived on the property as there's always gotta be someone bitching about why the (6) has to take the 'old trains'. It's getting really old, no one has any patience or just loves endless speculations.

It got old a couple of pages ago

Are they urgent at this point?

If the MTA thinks them necessary, then it's safe to say that they are.

People trying to deny the logical/simpler move of where to send the displaced R62As... I swear this thread should've been closed till the R188s arrived on the property as there's always gotta be someone bitching about why the (6) has to take the 'old trains'. It's getting really old, no one has any patience or just loves endless speculations.

+10

That is why I barely said anything on this thread, cause after the couple of times repeating myself it's gets old so I shut my mouth all together and ignored this thread.

Had a talk with some of the Corona cat equipment folk last night. Not only are the 62As still on track to go to Westchester, but Westchester is "making all kinda of crazy modification demands" before they will accept the fleet, which is why they keep doing all those transfers to 207 to prepare them.

If you take nothing else from this post, please take the part where I said THE R62As ARE GOING TO WESTCHESTER. END OF STORY, END OF DEBATE.

I hope the mods can just block certain people that will still try to refute that statement... Obviously it's not set in stone, but how much more proof do you need? Not to mention the pages and pages of circular arguments.

The mods have been doing a very good job of "taking out the trash" if you know what I mean around here. I am expecting more users that are acting up to be dealt with cause clearly this thread, unless something is done is going to end up closed sooner or later. As a matter of fact I agree with the post that you made about this thread being closed until the R188s arrive and the R62A transfer to Westchester takes place. Then no one can make any speculation of where the R62As are going when it's clearly been obvious since minute one.

Edited by DJ MC

I know it may seem like a good idea to lock this thread until the cars start arriving on the property and testing begins, especially considering the repeated arguments and constant insistence of where this car or that one will go. But do you really think it will do anything to stop the back and forth? No, it'll probably just lead to several new threads created saying essentially the same thing, which we moderators have to lock and/or delete. Keeping this thread open consolidates all of this into one thread and doesn't clutter the 1st page of the subway forums with questions/comments about the 188s or the 62A move. If I or any other mod feels the need, I/they can purge some "unnecessary" posts.

I want to say something generally. I surely do understand now. I am not going to refute Snowblock's information because the proof however I was looking for was to see how would there be enough of Corona's R62As that will reverse back for Westchester which currently has 450 cars. Yes, there are 824 R62As in the subway. Of course, both Westchester and 240th yards will still have 50 R62As as spares respectively if they cut the (1) from 34 to 30 trains at the AM Rush Hour while the Grand Central-Times Square Shuttle train continues to have 10/20 R62As. Yeah, I should have said so. As said by another member, the (4) and (6) won't have that much signage issues since they don't have flexibility. The number of cars is what I wanted to see through, not to deny any logical/simpler moves to send displaced trains back to their former depot nor to foam.

So yeah, with the (1) using 300/350 R62As and (6) using 400/450 R62As is enough since the trains obviously are heading back to Westchester anyway. I've already went through this evening to see what Snowblock meant. I get it now. I'll also say that I do mess up whenever I say something of what the (MTA) can or can't do while knowing it will or will not be problematic. And that I've been too serious and personal over things.

Having said that, its nice to see something simple as this even though the 50 R142As from Westchester will likely remain there or be switched over to Jerome. It's good to know Snowblock since you'd explain the signage issues better. At first, I didn't get it but now I understand as I read and went through more carefully. Anyways, thanks again and carry on with topic everyone else..

Expect to see the R188's running in test service on the middle tracks on the Dyre line and WPR middays during the week starting NOW. They'll be running in test mode on the Flushing line early next year, and are expected to go into customer service in May 2013......soon after we'll start seeing the 62's showing up on the (6) as well as they begin the fleet swaps.

Expect to see the R188's running in test service on the middle tracks on the Dyre line and WPR middays during the week starting NOW. They'll be running in test mode on the Flushing line early next year, and are expected to go into customer service in May 2013......soon after we'll start seeing the 62's showing up on the (6) as well as they begin the fleet swaps.

I'll be there with my camera next week. ;)

Edited by NovaCSW8030

I took a ride on a r62a (7) today and after that experience i wouldn't have a problem with the r62a being on the (6) and (4). I am a daily rider of both lines. Even though the r62a's has less space than the r142a and sounds more heavier, it would be fair if the (4) and (6) get another taste of the r62As

ok let's see how (6) customers react I would love to see their priceless reactions :lol: I need popcorn I don't use the (6) so I don't care.

However I would like to know are the R62A's compatible with countdown clocks or all fleet trains can do it? What is the weakness of these old trains anyway vs R188/R142A ect?

ok let's see how (6) customers react I would love to see their priceless reactions :lol: I need popcorn I don't use the (6) so I don't care.

However I would like to know are the R62A's compatible with countdown clocks or all fleet trains can do it? What is the weakness of these old trains anyway vs R188/R142A ect?

If the (1) & (3) trains show up on the countdown clocks with their 62/62A's, those trains will show up on the clocks for the (6) too.

Edited by Princelex

Just curious, will there exist any chance of me photographing a 62A (7) train in October 2013?

Should be pretty cool to ride a 62A through City Hall though.