R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

I highly doubt crews are going to start changing all 20 signs on the 62s from Parkchester to Pelham every day. When was the last time a (7) terminating at WIllets Point had signs that listed Willets Point as the northenr temrinal? Not once have I ever seen it.

I seen it before...it wasn't all the cars most of the time mainly the C/R and T/O cars, but it still gets changed

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R188's are coming! 23 Brand spaking new cars, and 10 converted! And just to shut down all the speculation..... The cars ARE definitely coming from the (6). Merry Christmas! More details in the coming days!

Hoping for some kind of replication of the current propulsion.

Edited by LTA1992

I'm gonna miss the R142A's on the (6)

The R142A's will still be on the (6), Just about over 150 of em will still be on there

and the R188's will Be exactly the same as the R142A's and they will sound the same as well

Edited by R32 3838

Anyway, it would be cool if Communication-based train control system increases capacity a bit at Main Street in Flushing, Queens and 34th Street in Midtown Manhattan with more frequency of the already frequent (7). That will be one of the good things about the new signalling system for the Flushing Line.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

So it's gonna be just like how the (4) is but in this case it's r62a's not r142's

Huh? I'm not following what you mean there. If you mean there will be 2 train types, then yes.

=

So now that it's almost 99% confirmed the R62As are going to the (6), I wonder if they'll swap the remaining R142As for the (4)'s R142s so the (4) will have all the remaining R142As? *Not saying they have to, but just wondering if they should.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Anyway, it would be cool if Communication-based train control system increases capacity a bit at Main Street in Flushing, Queens and 34th Street in Midtown Manhattan with more frequency of the already frequent (7). That will be one of the good things about the new signalling system for the Flushing Line.

Im pretty sure that's the whole point of CBTC anyway...

Don't those middle tracks end just past the station, for the train to have been coming in from the distance, and at that speed? That's what the track maps still show. Did they extend them recently or something?

According to this link provided before somewhere (http://b24blog.blogspot.com/p/468-stations-842-miles.html), it looks as if it were extended.