R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows the MTA might R62A swap and mix them with the 4,5,6 but we are going to have to wait and see. If they do it will sure feel like the old days if they did the same with the Redbirds. Maybe they might swap with the 5 and give the R142's to the 6 (work better, and westchester can have the same equipment) because the 5 doesn't operate late nights so it might help save the cars year span. I think my plan is better.

So does everyone else who pretty much pitched the same exact plan...

Who knows the MTA might R62A swap and mix them with the 4,5,6 but we are going to have to wait and see. If they do it will sure feel like the old days if they did the same with the Redbirds. Maybe they might swap with the 5 and give the R142's to the 6 (work better, and westchester can have the same equipment) because the 5 doesn't operate late nights so it might help save the cars year span. I think my plan is better.

This again?!?! *headdesk

Had a talk with some of the Corona cat equipment folk last night. Not only are the 62As still on track to go to Westchester, but Westchester is "making all kinda of crazy modification demands" before they will accept the fleet, which is why they keep doing all those transfers to 207 to prepare them.

If you take nothing else from this post, please take the part where I said THE R62As ARE GOING TO WESTCHESTER. END OF STORY, END OF DEBATE.

Genius, I was talking about R62As going to the (6). Since for some reason, that's counted as speculation as well.

well 'sorry'...

From ur post it seemed like you agreed with that poster said instead of just the specific points. Of course R62as are going to the 6, I never doubted that part. Other people have already posted reasons why r62as to the 5 wouldn't work, that was my point. If it happens :shrugs: but I'd tend to take snowblock's word over a rail fan.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Who know's? The (MTA) and I do. The (5) is not in the equation for the 46th time in the last 2 years. The (2)/(5) are R142 only. Nothing is going to be mixed.

What speculating? It's common sense.

Genius, I was talking about R62As going to the (6). Since for some reason, that's counted as speculation as well.

Counted as speculation by who? It's in black and white. Cars from the (6) are going to the (7). That means R62A's are going to the (6) unless they decide to send cars from the (7) to the (4), which is not in the plans as of right now, nor have they ever been.

Counted as speculation by who? It's in black and white. Cars from the (6) are going to the (7). That means R68A's are going to the (6) unless they decide to send cars from the (7) to the (4), which is not in the plans as of right now, nor have they ever been.

Just correcting you. I don't think R68As will go to the (6) anytime soon.

Who know's? The (MTA) and I do. The (5) is not in the equation for the 46th time in the last 2 years. The (2)/(5) are R142 only. Nothing is going to be mixed.

Counted as speculation by who? It's in black and white. Cars from the (6) are going to the (7). That means R68A's are going to the (6) unless they decide to send cars from the (7) to the (4), which is not in the plans as of right now, nor have they ever been.

Yup, totally legit...dont mind me, im just up bored lol

Counted as speculation by who? It's in black and white. Cars from the (6) are going to the (7). That means R62A's* are going to the (6) unless they decide to send cars from the (7) to the (4), which is not in the plans as of right now, nor have they ever been.

well said, thanks.

but I'd tend to take snowblock's word over a rail fan.

Too bad nobody wanted to listen to me when I told them that the (1) would be going to 14 St, followed by Chambers St and lite through the loop, and then eventually Rector St would reopen, instead holding on to this crazy idea about the (1) running from 242 to New Lots. Is there anyone who STILL thinks that's going to happen???

R62As you mean East New York. And I'm very sure that both the (1) and (6) will still have 50 R62As as spares while the rest are in service at rush hour if the (1) gets cut from 34 to 30 trains at the AM Rush. But if the (1) were to still run 34 trains in the AM Rush, then both the (1) and (6) would only have a spare factor of 20 R62As to which in my opinion would be risky and highly unlikely to happen. But anyways, back on topic now.

I'm tired of waiting longer to see CBTC improvements for the Flushing Line which will takes a few more years, so I'm going to still enjoy the R142As on the (6) and the R62As on the (7) (especially the railfan window on the Flushing-bound end).

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Too bad nobody wanted to listen to me when I told them that the (1) would be going to 14 St, followed by Chambers St and lite through the loop, and then eventually Rector St would reopen, instead holding on to this crazy idea about the (1) running from 242 to New Lots. Is there anyone who STILL thinks that's going to happen???

No one with a working frontal lobe took the idea of the (1) returning to New Lots seriously...

Trust me, there are still people who think otherwise. They've just been quiet lately.

Good for them, but the word from very, very high up for a long time was that the we'd be seeing some R62As moved to the 6, though the line would still retain some R142As. Now, things change and you never know what exactly will happen, but that WAS the official plan for a long time. Next time I talk to my contacts I'll try to find out if there's been a change, but if there hasn't been a change, expect R62As on the 6.

The testing for the R188 on the 7 will approximately start after the completion of the servers installation at Junction Blvd. The testing will be from Main St Flushing-74 St Broadway since beyond 74 St (except from the Steinway tunnels to Times Square) the signals are not replaced by the new CBTC signals since 2008. Anyone give any thoughts to this.