R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rest of the R142As at Jerome. That's "why".

That's not what I meant, though. Why does it matter if there are 50~ R142As and the rest are R62As? There is no balance of car types required, otherwise the (B) would have to get more R68s and the (G) more R68As.

R142A's are at the Jerome Yard, Corona Yard, and Westchester Yard.

And R62As are at Livonia, 240th Street, Corona yards... what's your point?

Sigh, go ask any of the official (MTA) workers or the people who have inside information within the agency themselves here then since I'm nobody. Of course its a fact and that you guys in this thread will ripped on people like me who disagrees with something because of legit reasons and that they enjoy something. My mistake for mentioning it... -.-

Anyway, the (6)<6> and (7)<7> switch is very much like the (A)(C) summer swap with the exception of minor difference like say there were still more or some R46s left on their designated line......

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Sigh, go ask any of the official (MTA) workers or the people who have inside information within the agency themselves here then since I'm nobody. Of course its a fact and that you guys in this thread will ripped on people like me who disagrees with something because of legit reasons and that they enjoy something. My mistake for mentioning it...

I wasn't 'ripping on people like you', I was inquiring as to why you feel it is necessary to have a 'balance' of rolling stock. None of that has to do with the swap, or anything that any MTA employee has brought up.

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the swap or anything that the employees brought up. I'm just inquiring as to why would 50 R142As incur significant costs which wouldn't be benefit...

They won't incur any significant costs...

'balancing the fleet' means nothing...

Those cars are pretty much gonna be the minority along the (6), nothing more, nothing less. Theres nothing changing except that you're gonna see less of them.

Just like the R42s on the (J)(Z)...

Just like the R160s on the (L)...

Just like the R46s on the (F)...

• 3 weeks later...

Passing along some new info from FanRailer:

I figured that I'd just pass along the news that a quick trip up to Yonkers reveals Kawasaki has been busy. Spotted new cars in the mid 785x series sitting in the lot back on Christmas day

This thread may be reopened pending another purge. Stand by.

Alright' date=' I went through the last few pages and purged all offending and related posts. Until stated otherwise by MTA employees themselves either on this forum or though a press release with credible proof, assume the following: the 188s (both the new cars and converted ones) will go to Corona and the displaced 62As will go to Westchester for service on the 6 line. Deal with it and get over it. I don't need this back and forth about where folks here [b']think[/b] or want the cars to go. It just inflates this thread needlessly and forces those looking for info to have to sift through all of the nonsense. So, since my tolerance levels are completely drained when it comes to this, any offending posts will be deleted.

I appreciate your cooperation with this and hope that we can all move on from the car moves.

What's the highest unit to be made in the R188? Also glad to see the R188 order is progressing.

For now, all we have to go on is the information that our fellow brothers have edited into the wikipedia page:

Conversion Sets: 7211-7220, and many others as of now undisclosed.

New Sets: 7811-7898

New "C" Cars: 7899-7936

Edited by Fan Railer