R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spotted by a twitter poster (not NYCTF) and retweeted by 2nd Ave Sagas http://via.me/-8ncdlbg

Can't post the pic because im on a phone but its an R62A <6> train at Union Sq with the (7)'s terminals. Picture is of roll sign only.

Yes that is it, one of the cars they didn't change all the signs.

The sets that do not have full cabs might stay that way, at least thats what I heard from the TSS when that first R62A ran. My question is 1651-1666, if they are going to put those back or not. The SMS is over yet they have not put the ends back in full cab position on those sets. Also the panel was taken off 1651 where the side window is.

If the sets do stay at single cab, then the C/Rs will be trained to line up the window from the other car with the conductors board, this way they won't have to re-locate all the boards.

Edited by 4P3607

They looked like toys at first! :lol:

In those photos those cars look like a model set :lol:

Between the shininess, the truck wheels, quality (or lack thereof) of a cellphone camera, and lack of safety chains make em seem fake. They ninja them away in the middle of the night. Will probably appear at 239yd soon.

So the   (6) and (7)  route will be mix with the new and old equipment? Cause it would be really sad if the 6 fleet will be all R62, that would be one major downgrade LOL.

Funny. But let's not start this again....

Edited by Metro CSW

There will still be 142As on the (6), but the (7) will be 100% NTT.

There will still be 142As on the (6), but the (7) will be 100% NTT.

A guess .. A compliment .... I will bet that Corona yard cannot handle 506 R188 cars. If Westchester Yard can handle 460 R142A.... Some store at 239 street yard where else & 207 Street yard.  Why cant the 7 line... Corona Yard not closer to 239 Street yard... Corona Yard are at Queens .. Saying.