R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Which the MTA is considering ,I doubt they are going to do put automated announcements and route strip maps on a 25 year old fleet, to costly, but The LED signs will be the only major upgrade just like they did when they rebuild the R-32 and R-46. I hope am wrong.

Then take the  (4)(5)!!!

Relax am glad to see some R62 Again on the 6    :lol:

Edited by MTARegional Bus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the   (6) and (7)  route will be mix with the new and old equipment? Cause it would be really sad if the 6 fleet will be all R62, that would be one major downgrade LOL.

So the   (6) and (7)  route will be mix with the new and old equipment? Cause it would be really sad if the 6 fleet will be all R62, that would be one major downgrade LOL.

No excitement going on. But i do not have faith R188 will run on  (7) ...  What so silly about ... What does have it deal third track.. When new cars .... When sometimes fail what next.? 

MTARegional Bus, on 11 Jan 2013 - 23:40, said:

Sorry... I've seen so many people whining about the swap I can't really tell who's joking and who's being serious. In an ideal world everyone would be joking, but...

Yeah I remember the thread back in October last year. Wooo that was one intense discussion since it also had to do with people advocating for different neighborhoods concerning the equipment swap. (I'm guilty of it too) Well, no point digging up a dead discussion, we're all moving on to better things now and learned our lessons concerning discussing matters instead of attacking each other. 

I would'nt call it whining though dude. Even people exclusive to the UES had good points admittably. If the MTA wants to place the R62's on the (6) or the (4) or keep the R142's on the (6) then so be it. 

Edited by realizm

No, the R188 looks exactly like the R142A.

Yes but they are little different in the control system in the R188

R188 Cab controls 

img_131239.jpg

look familiar R160s doesn't it?

R142

img_132085.jpg

Sorry... I've seen so many people whining about the swap I can't really tell who's joking and who's being serious. In an ideal world everyone would be joking, but...

It's ok man, it's the internet it's hard to expect stuff like this  :lol:

Edited by MTARegional Bus

we're all moving on to better things now and learned our lessons concerning discussing matters instead of attacking each other.

You'd be surprised!

I would'nt call it whining though dude. Even people exclusive to the UES had good points admittably. If the MTA wants to place the R62's on the
(6)
or the
(4)
or keep the R142's on the
(6)
then so be it.

See, that's the thing, though... the MTA doesn't want to keep the 142s on the (6), so everyone who complains is only wasting their time.

The only real deficiencies of the R62s are those shared by the 142s... less capacity because of the narrow width of the cars.

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

Far Rock Depot on Posted Today on 11:32 AM

Personally, id take a 62 over 142 any day. And thats the railfan in me talking  lol

Yep. Those R62's are workhorses that's for sure.The R162's also run very well but if only if they can provide better maintenance on them so as to improve the mean distance between failures. It's cool, the manufacturer's warranties did expire on them so the mechanics have alot on their hands on these NTTs, in order to keep then in working order and performing at maximum performance.

ttcubwayfan Posted Today, 11:37 AM

See, that's the thing, though... the MTA doesn't want to keep the 142s on the (6), so everyone who complains is only wasting their time.

Well yeah true, taking them off the (5) will not work as they share the same depot and since the (7) will have to utilize it for CBTC. That have been proven by many here including yourself in this thread and the backlash discussion.

You'd be surprised!

The only real deficiencies of the R62s are those shared by the 142s... less capacity because of the narrow width of the cars.

You'd be surprised!

That why 2nd Avenue subway line being built... That where R179 come in handy to the rescue to reduce Lexington Avenue Line service.. yeah right.