TTCSubwayfan's signs

That's right, I've joined the ranks of those who are able to produce custom signs. Recently, I have stumbled upon a program called gBUSE that allows me to create accurate signs in the same style as those used in Bratislava (according to what I have read, this is an official program included with the destination signs used there). I did some snooping around Slovak and Czech transit forums, and I found a link to the download, and can now, very quickly, produce any sign I wish. Everything is in Czech, though, so I doubt many people here would be able to use it.

At the same time, I have also learned how to create Luminator Matrix:MAX signs, as per those used on Toronto's Fishbowls, Classics, etc. This is a lot more time consuming than the BUSE, since there is no program that I can use to make it, but that's fine. I'll try to do other types of signs (Horizon, for example), but that's a while away.

You are free to request whatever you like on the signs, so long as the following guidelines are met:

1 - When requesting a BUSE sign, the route number you request cannot exceed 3 characters. Luminator signs may use more than 3 characters.

2. Please PM me about the inclusion of pictograms, to find out whether the one that you desire can be included or not.

3. When requesting an animated sign, be very specific about what you would like to see displayed in each slide.

4. I should be able to get the sign you requested done in 1-2 days. However, if you pester me about it, your request is automatically cancelled.

I can do GIF animations for both types of signs.

Examples of what I have done:

Luminators:

route_11.gif

53.gif

29_northbound.gif

BUSE:

011zj.png

103dc.png

165st.png

502gc.png

53_eastbound_may_2014.png

break.png

breakdown.png

Request away.

Could you do the destination sign for the 103 Mount Pleasant North to Eglinton Station and 162 Lawrence-Donway to Lawrence station (both in the style of the TTC Orion Vs and BUSE)?

Can do. A few questions though - I've never seen a northbound 103 bus but I'm assuming it uses the same style as the Doncliffe one that I put up in the OP (and same with the 162?)

Also, would you like just the slide where the bottom line indicates the station that the bus is going to ("Route 103 / To Eglinton Station" if I'm assuming that's what the destination sign you have in mind looks like) or a gif with the second line also indicating the route name ("Route 103 / Mt. Pleasant North")?

Some more signs I put together in the recent past.

First off, I have figured out how to do 4 letter characters. This is now available for requesting. However, due to the large nature of the 4-letter characters, the accompanying destination must be written in smaller font - ANYONE REQUESTING THIS, THEREFORE, IS ASKED TO EITHER HAVE A SHORT DESTINATION, OR HAVE A LONG DESTINATION SPLIT INTO GIFS.

199s.gif

Some more:

29.gif

x3.gif

29a.png

107.png

a_train.png

(If I make a pictogram of a letter in a circle, I will let everyone know).

afford.png

bratislava_via_vienna.png

bratislava_via_vienna_2.png

school_special.png

science_centre.png

toy_story_3.png

Sorry if this is a bit much, but could I have 3 signs?

Sign #1:

46 |    +MAX+

|   Seaview

46 |     via SR 46

| via Peninsula Bl

Sign #2:

47 |     +MAX+

|  Island Park

47 |     via SR 46

|     via 77th St

Sign #3:

48 |      +MAX+

| Meadowlands

48 |          via SR 46

| via Meadowlands Pkwy

You might recognize these from a certain somewhere...  :rolleyes:

Please take your time and only do these if you're up to the task, other wise feel free to only do one (well what am I saying, it's your choice!).

Thanks!  :)

Can I get a

RBL Shuttle Bus

Franklin Mills Mall

Enjoy!

rbl_shuttle_bus.png

Give rep when it's due people!

Thanks for the rep and the pinning of the thread. Much appreciated. :)

Sorry if this is a bit much, but could I have 3 signs?

Sign #1:

46 |    +MAX+

|   Seaview

46 |     via SR 46

| via Peninsula Bl

Sign #2:

47 |     +MAX+

|  Island Park

47 |     via SR 46

|     via 77th St

Sign #3:

48 |      +MAX+

| Meadowlands

48 |          via SR 46

| via Meadowlands Pkwy

You might recognize these from a certain somewhere...  :rolleyes:

Please take your time and only do these if you're up to the task, other wise feel free to only do one (well what am I saying, it's your choice!).

Thanks!  :)

No trouble at all. The more the merrier, in fact.

(I actually have no idea where this is from. :P)

46.gif

47.gif

48.gif

Thanks for all your requests!

Another offering of signs, this time side signs.

First off we have an animated side sign, as seen in

video at 0:48.

yus_side_sign.gif

Format is as follows - we open with the bottom line being blank, then we begin scrolling through important, note worthy stops along the route until we reach the last one, after which the bottom line clears once more for a bit, before doing a repeat of the cycle. As the vehicle travels and hits more of the stops displayed, the shorter the selection of stops seen in the bottom line becomes. If it hits the last stop seen on the sign and there are a few more on the line, the bottom line remains blank until the driver sets the signs for the opposite direction.

I regret that I can't make it smoothly transition one letter at a time, as per the sign seen in the video. I'm sure it can be done, but I think you need Photoshop and that's expensive. So unless I win the lottery or find another way to do the transitions, we're stuck with this.

BE VERY SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE DISPLAYED ON THE BOTTOM LINE!!!

Second up is a side sign, with the scrolling signs being replaced with a "via" point. I've never seen one of these, but apparently they exist.

yus_finch_via_union.png

Third and final is a traditional side sign, for those who are not keen on what was displayed on either of the above signs. (C) via (F) program as seen in

video.

c_via_f.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've been creating some more signs lately. A selection is included below, but before I get around to that, I want to ask, does anyone know where I might find a larger grid of the same type as shown in the X7 sign? I want to try out creating Horizons and other such signs, but the grid I have right now is about large enough to replicate the style shown the miniscule flipdots on the TTC's Fishbowls (7 pixels tall, 90 wide). I'm looking into finding out how large Horizon letters should be.

9836951033_95faf96f92_n.jpg
Toronto Transit Commission 2794 - 01 by t6a5iii, on Flickr

x7.gif

And now some gBUSE signs:

A (2) train side sign:

2.gif

Now who will have the patience to stand there for the entire scrolling duration? hmm-1367.gif

And some side signs from my fictional city:

Route 8:

8.gif

Route 37:

37.gif

I'm also trying to work out how to create interior displays as seen in this video:

It's... not going good, I'll leave it at that. aaahmmsmiley02.gif

EDIT: Through some photo editing, I've been able to put together a grid for the Luminator MegaMax. However, all reference materials for the Luminator Horizon that I found online for some reason omit the grid (much as my BUSE signs do) and thus I'm not able to get a clear idea as to what it should look like.

If anyone can help out, that would be great. Thanks!

My next offering is two Luminator signs - a Horizon (prototype) and a Mega:MAX.

Here is the Mega:MAX. I've searched high and low for reference materials and I think that this is pretty accurate to the ones seen in real life. I'm pretty pleased with how this came out.

44kipsouth.png

And the Horizon. I had to do a bit of improvising when it came to the size of the grid - many examples of the signs that I found online omitted the background grid for whatever reason, and so I had to do some guess work to figure out how large it should be compared to the Mega:MAX. My research indicates that the Mega:MAX and Horizon both have the same character layouts (amount of pixels) so I think I can use the same fonts for both types of signs.

44kipsouth2.png

The Horizon, therefore, is considered a prototype. If any has any information or criticism that can help me improve it and make it more life like, please don't hesitate to post.

I will now take requests, though they will, most likely, take a while to finish. Be very specific about the type of sign you would like - if not, I will choose whichever one is easiest for me (BUSE). If you feel compelled to request multiple signs with multiple frames, as TrainFanInfinity did on the last page, I would highly recommend requesting a BUSE sign, or otherwise waiting quite a bit for the signs to be completed.

The Mega:MAX pixel on the front sign don't have the little black space in the left middle area. The pixel design should be octagon shape: http://www.rollsigngallery.com/esigns/esigngallery.html

The height is little long.

Keep in mind...

Mega:MAX has 16 x 112

Horizon has different size signs 16x80, 16x120, 16x140 and 16x160. 16x160 is popular

Titian is 24x200.

There is a template online for the Mega:MAX and Horizon front side signs: https://web.archive.org/web/20060706065040/http://www.lumivision.info/html/luminator.html

@W8Hou: Thanks for your post!

The Mega:MAX pixel on the front sign don't have the little black space in the left middle area. The pixel design should be octagon shape: http://www.rollsigngallery.com/esigns/esigngallery.html

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to. Do you mean the little notch on the middle of each pixels' left border?

notch.png

That can be seen on some of the signs on the second link you posted as well. And honestly, I don't know how to get rid of it anyway, in any case. I picked up the grid during my travels over the internet and would be hard pressed to try to modify it.

The height is little long.

Keep in mind...

Mega:MAX has 16 x 112

Unless my counting is off, those are the dimensions of my grid as well. I know for sure that the height is 16.

Horizon has different size signs 16x80, 16x120, 16x140 and 16x160. 16x160 is popular

Aha, thanks. Mine is currently 16x148, I'll make the corrections.

Titian is 24x200.

There is a template online for the Mega:MAX and Horizon front side signs: https://web.archive.org/web/20060706065040/http://www.lumivision.info/html/luminator.html

This is a great link - thanks.

Yes, the notch. I only see it on the rear route signs on the right notch, not the left.

Your Mega:MAX sign is 16x112. It's just the height is little long. You may need to stretch the width a little wider since most of the signs a wider.

x22222sdafas.png
like that.

Same goes for the horizon sign