SunRail Ride

Nothing would be interesting than a ride on Sunrail from Debary to the Sand Lake Road station. Taken on May 1st, which was the debut run of Sunrail. I was riding in car 2010 and the engine behind was MP32PH-Q 104. Cabcar is numbered 2012. This same consist did the first Southbound and first Northbound run. 

Nice videos, +1.

The MPI Commuter diesel-electric locomotives according to my understanding are state of the art, featuring high HP engines with excellent fuel efficiency, advanced emissions reduction technology and also high tech microprocessor controls.

I'm reading that the state of the art Sunrail locomotives were built by Motive Power, the same company that built the R156 diesel-electric locomotives for the MTA for use as CBTC ready work engines within NYC Transit.

Nice videos, +1.

The MPI Commuter diesel-electric locomotives according to my understanding are state of the art, featuring high HP engines with excellent fuel efficiency, advanced emissions reduction technology and also high tech microprocessor controls.

I'm reading that the state of the art Sunrail locomotives were built by Motive Power, the same company that built the R156 diesel-electric locomotives for the MTA for use as CBTC ready work engines within NYC Transit.

Yep, they're pretty neat. Ex-MARC units that were rebuilt by MPI.  

Archived