IND 76th Street Station?!?!?

N-Trizzy2609

I was doing a little research online and come up with this!

76St_train.jpg

Euclid Avenue wasn't the original end of Fulton IND!!!! A R10 (A) train pulls into the one month station. Well according to a certain source, 76th Street was a fully built functional Local station (or suppose to be local) on the Fulton IND and rested only three block southeast of Grant. My question is, why would the IND use a subway station for just a measly month then trash it. And also does it still exist? (C) Train roll all they way to a false wall that may hide this supposive subway station. Also somebody who lived on Pitkin and 76th recently found in his basement a bad infestation of rats. The terminatiors said that rat problem can only come from a nearby subway line, problem is the closest one is five blocks down at Euclid!!!! I need info.

That has been brought up on subtalk and now subchat for years. It is a photoshopped pic of an R10 at 7th Ave. Nice try though, next time I am near the Grant Ave lay-ups I'll try to get some pics so you guys can see what is really down there and the evidence that points to something being back there.

That has been brought up on subtalk and now subchat for years. It is a photoshopped pic of an R10 at 7th Ave. Nice try though, next time I am near the Grant Ave lay-ups I'll try to get some pics so you guys can see what is really down there and the evidence that points to something being back there.

Yeah, 76th Street is very close by under Grant Avenue....

I was doing a little research online and come up with this!

76St_train.jpg

Euclid Avenue wasn't the original end of Fulton IND!!!! A R10 (A) train pulls into the one month station. Well according to a certain source, 76th Street was a fully built functional Local station (or suppose to be local) on the Fulton IND and rested only three block southeast of Grant. My question is, why would the IND use a subway station for just a measly month then trash it. And also does it still exist? (C) Train roll all they way to a false wall that may hide this supposive subway station. Also somebody who lived on Pitkin and 76th recently found in his basement a bad infestation of rats. The terminatiors said that rat problem can only come from a nearby subway line, problem is the closest one is five blocks down at Euclid!!!! I need info.

It's a fake. Look at the sign "font"

This one's got whiskers on it. Man, when I think of all the SubTalk and then SubChat posts with "actual photographs" I get all misty-eyed and then I ROTFL B):P

LMAO! Same here!

I remember when I fell for it once though.....me didn't know nothing back then though!

At Euclid tower, 76th Street is on the model board though it is covered with tape. There are also signal diagrams that show 76th Street and say that signals will be added by contractors at a later date. There are also signals that face the wall and are under 2 car lengths from the wall. There is also a homeball that also faces the wall. The wall that was built blocking access to 76th Street has a small hole in the bottom and if you dig with your hard or shovel, you get clean sand. This leads be to believe that there is something back there, at the very least more tunnel.

• 1 year later...

i know this is a very old topic but if this map is right it dose show the proposed expatiation that would include 76th street station

Capture14-1.jpg

this next map is where 76th should be in modern times

Capture1.jpg

it would seam to add up and the reason that nothing is found topside is because it was never finished

now this is a post from Wikipedia about Euclid Avenue station,

For years, the 76th Street station shell has been rumored to sit just to the east of this station, past the cinder block wall. If the station was built, it would have been planned as part of the IND Second System to continue the line out to 229th Street in Cambria Heights, Queens where the subway is now only a distant rumor. The 76th Street station was partially built with one side platform with four trackways, and an uncertain portion of another side platform. The station cannot be found on any subway or street maps. On the street where it is supposed to be, along Pitkin Avenue, just over the Brooklyn border into Queens, there are no traces of evidence, like subway gratings, that anything lies below. On the model board in the control tower at the Euclid Avenue Station, there is a now black-taped over portion that says "76th Street". It also says on the board, that the next tower is at Cross Bay Blvd. The four unused tracks dead-end at a cinder block wall rather than a solid wall. One signal faces the dead-end tunnel about three car lengths from the end of the tunnel, which makes no sense to be there. There are rumors that the tracks continue past the cinder block wall and into the 76th Street station shell. There are also two tracks coming from the Pitkin Yard heading towards the 76th Street station shell. These two tracks are sealed up as well.

so you guys tell me what you think why would there be a signal facing a dead end unless trains were suppose to come from that direction onces

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1939_IND_Second_System.jpg ) this is the original full map from 1939 of expatiation

• 6 months later...
What's so special about 76th street station anyway? Does it have like a subway car or something there?

no subway car, but since 1950 its been covered up by officials to this day. Supposedly, the station was the eastern terminal for the fulton street subway from november 1948 to december 1948. According to historians, the station was done by non-union members and legal action was to follow. The city quietly closed the station, and covered up ALL evidence of its existence because no construction contracts can be produced. There has been maps and newspaper articles about this over the decades. Its not like the South 4th St complex or the Roosevelt Avenue terminal where its "yeah, its there but we never used it". Its believed that because of the nature of how it was built, Its existence can never be officially admitted. Its a legal liability.

Maybe someone should find a safe way to go down to the tracks at Euclid Avenue, and walk down to the false wall, and dig a tunnel below the wall, and see where they would burrow themselves into. They might burrow themselves into the 76th Street Station if it exist. If it exist the person who successfully goes down there, and comes back out with photos would be one famous railfan.

Archived