IND 76th Street Station?!?!?

N-Trizzy2609

You ************.

This is why SubChat is better. You f**kers on this website don't know respect or the technical details of the NYC Subway.

You plagiarize someone's thoughts, curse out someone else and have the audacity to say that people on this site don't have respect? Irony for the win in this thread.

So what? Who gives a damn what you think, you ************.

You ************.

This is why SubChat is better. You f**kers on this website don't know respect or the technical details of the NYC Subway.

What in the hell are you talking about? You were addressed by a member who's material you used, then went off about nothing? You can keep that crap at Subchat if that's how you do! You dont have a choice in whether or not you are respectful here. This is not a democracy.:tdown:

You ************.

Yet you (were) posting here. Frickin' nimrod.

I think there is a shell back there. Evidence and "future track plans" i think are apparent that there is a shell, but not a completed station. What needs to happen is to head down there and try to find street evidence or get access to the underground.

You can't. At least without ripping up the street or tearing down the cinderblock walls in the tunnel.

You know, i have read this entire thread, and i think it sounds very likely that 76th St. station exists.

And since nobody here(as far as i know) has seen the station, atleast for some time, the theory that there is one or more cars at the station isnt really all that impossible. Anybody ever heard of Aldwych/Strand on the London Underground?

Keep in mind that the Fulton Street IND. was opened between Broadway-East New York and Euclid Avenue on November 28th 1948.

It's possible, the City Of New York went a little beyond Euclid Avenue (an original plan was building the Fulton Street IND. to 229th Street in Cambria Heights (Queens)). It's also possible that a shell was built.

The only thing I can logically think of is that the plan changed (if the City Of New York, indeed, was digging toward Queens) and the plan became tying the Fulton Street subway into the existing Fulton Street El (which was capable of holding subway cars).

A local station at 76th Street and Pitken Avenue would (I think) be in response to the station on the B.M.T. Jamaica El at Elderts Lane and Jamaica Avenue.

Archived