Beelinesystem ?

Articulated450

hey guys i heard beeline got a order of orion vll hev`s and most of the 400 series will be retired is this true l love the orions with the pull string for the stop request i dont want to see them go

I don't wanna see them go either. I love the engine sound of them, I could immitate that pretty well I might add! What I realy wanna see is some RTS buses on the Bee-Line roster... RTS' look sexy in Bee-Line colors! I miss the Bee-Line RTS...

hey guys i heard beeline got a order of orion vll hev`s and most of the 400 series will be retired is this true l love the orions with the pull string for the stop request i dont want to see them go

Bee-Line keeps their buses in excellent working order, but the 400 series Orions do suffer from the same thing the NYCTA 1995-96 Orions suffer from. Weak A/C. Bee-Lines 600 series A/Cs are far superior. Stronger engine = stronger A/C........

I don't wanna see them go either. I love the engine sound of them, I could immitate that pretty well I might add! What I realy wanna see is some RTS buses on the Bee-Line roster... RTS' look sexy in Bee-Line colors! I miss the Bee-Line RTS...

yea i can almost make the sound to. i really miss the rts like you said wish one day they decide to bring them back loved the beeline decals on a rts its great

I miss those too. I remember when the fishbowls, were dominant here, and when the RTSs first came in, they were dominant on the 6, 25, and 30. Crazy thing is the Orion V 400 series, were dominant on those routes when they first came in. The Flexibles basically did the GMC fishbowls' routes. The last RTS I rode here in Westchester was on the 76 route (Rye-Port Chester Transit). They had one baby RTS, then when Liberty got rid of the 40ft RTS's, one 40fter was given to Rye-Port Chester Transit. Bus broke down numerous times, on my way to work (at Rye Playland).....

Bee-Line keeps their buses in excellent working order, but the 400 series Orions do suffer from the same thing the NYCTA 1995-96 Orions suffer from. Weak A/C. Bee-Lines 600 series A/Cs are far superior. Stronger engine = stronger A/C........

I miss those too. I remember when the fishbowls, were dominant here, and when the RTSs first came in, they were dominant on the 6, 25, and 30. Crazy thing is the Orion V 400 series, were dominant on those routes when they first came in. The Flexibles basically did the GMC fishbowls' routes. The last RTS I rode here in Westchester was on the 76 route (Rye-Port Chester Transit). They had one baby RTS, then when Liberty got rid of the 40ft RTS's, one 40fter was given to Rye-Port Chester Transit. Bus broke down numerous times, on my way to work (at Rye Playland).....

The last RTS bus that i rode was a 35 footer on the 23-Alexander St. line back in 2000 or 2001 i believe. I also seen an RTS going down Van Cortlandt Park Ave towards Elm St after it's last run for that evening on Route 32-Yonkers Loop.

The last RTS bus that i rode was a 35 footer on the 23-Alexander St. line back in 2000 or 2001 i believe. I also seen an RTS going down Van Cortlandt Park Ave towards Elm St after it's last run for that evening on Route 32-Yonkers Loop.

Those were the end for Liberty Lines use, but Rye-Port Chester Transit had them last, when the county took the last 40fter from Liberty and sent that over there.......

• 2 months later...

170 is preserved by Liberty and parked at the front of lane 1 in 475 I/F/O the Old Look GM. You can now rest easy, however it has all slider windows like the DOT buses and has the reflective tape sceme like the 35ft. RTS's had before they were retired. I was dyin' to take that out, I even asked if I could be trained on it when I was in training there.:)

170 is preserved by Liberty and parked at the front of lane 1 in 475 I/F/O the Old Look GM. You can now rest easy, however it has all slider windows like the DOT buses and has the reflective tape sceme like the 35ft. RTS's had before they were retired. I was dyin' to take that out, I even asked if I could be trained on it when I was in training there.:)

I have to get some footage of those buses!!! Imma see if I could work my magic so I could get some video footage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived