Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

They deserve every shit they're getting for screwing up that run on Saturday in the first place. You think it's fair to kick, push, and shove others on the train? Keep in mind, non- transit fans were victimized too. The hell outta here with that bullshit.

Its really cut and dry. Not too hard to understand. I hear you loud and clear. Hey the kids can do whatever they want, they can rob banks and smoke crack for all I care. Just please dont f**k up the railfanning hobby and our reputation as those engaging in a healthy hobby as decent everyday New Yorkers thanks.

Edited by realizm

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They deserve every shit they're getting for screwing up that run on Saturday in the first place. You think it's fair to kick, push, and shove others on the train? Keep in mind, non- transit fans were victimized too. The hell outta here with that bullshit.

What they deserve is something along the lines of a confrontation in a park somewhere that ends with them learning who's boss from the good guys. Not to be harassed online by people sitting behind keyboards too pussy to go out and take care of sh*t in person. You guys want to teach the foamers a lesson? Show them who's boss. Again you're making yourselves look weak with the keyboard harassment and narcing, and that makes you easy targets for those people you're narcing on/harassing. If they see who's boss chances are they'll cut it out, if they're being harassed online and narced on they'll keep it up (which they do time and time again and it keeps getting worse as we saw on those 32s).

Perfect time to add that we should cut some slack to those with differing views on how the handling of the situation has been, and/or how it can be handled better.

It's certainly welcome in my opinion after hearing the same damn redundant arguments and hearsay from the majority of fans.

Fine Turbo very well. All I will say is that for the record many times I went off the keyboard and took it face to face with no hesitation and it was not pretty. Thats all I have to say. But thats not the issue here in itself. I'll leave it at that, and Orion, yes point noted.

So where were we again? In this discussion?

And yes lets all keep the discussion civil here. No need to fight among ourselves over this aspect of this discussion.

Fine Turbo very well. All I will say is that for the record many times I went off the keyboard and took it face to face with no hesitation and it was not pretty. Thats all I have to say. But thats not the issue here in itself. I'll leave it at that, and Orion, yes point noted.

So where were we again? In this discussion?

And yes lets all keep the discussion civil here. No need to fight among ourselves over this aspect of this discussion.

Exactly. It's over, the damage has been done already, and we'll just have to let any consequences as a result happen, because there's nothing we can do. It's not like we can rewind and go back in time, and wind up all the trouble makers. Now, there's really nothing to argue, because it's over basically, and I think we all need to just carry on.

If my hobby is made obsolete by this, then people will pay. People who behave like myself and others should not suffer at the hands of morons. It gives us a bad name and makes us the bad guys when we aren't. If the (MTA) changes things because of this, lots of people will have to answer for this. Childish behavior like this is uncalled for, dangerous and just plain stupid. I hope these idiots get everything they deserve.

If my hobby is made obsolete by this, then people will pay. People who behave like myself and others should not suffer at the hands of morons. It gives us a bad name and makes us the bad guys when we aren't. If the (MTA) changes things because of this, lots of people will have to answer for this. Childish behavior like this is uncalled for, dangerous and just plain stupid. I hope these idiots get everything they deserve.

Thats where I come in, good comment totally with you on that one. Dont f**k up my involvement in this hobby because of your stupidity. You can go and do whatever you want I really dont care, I really dont, but dont bring your criminalistic inclinations to the transit enthusiast hobby and screw it up for me and others who are serious about the railfanning art.

I'm sure many other feel the same.

Edited by realizm

That's still no excuse for the way the "good guys" are acting towards these idiots. 

Someone in some of these FB groups really needs to pitch the idea of a confrontation. Hit up the foamers and tell them, meet us in whatever park and we'll settle this. I'd be more than happy to take part in that confrontation, even if the groups are stuck on this "let's narc and harass the foamers and that'll definitely stop everything" mentality I'm sure there's enough people out there that are with it.

That's still no excuse for the way the "good guys" are acting towards these idiots. 

Someone in some of these FB groups really needs to pitch the idea of a confrontation. Hit up the foamers and tell them, meet us in whatever park and we'll settle this. I'd be more than happy to take part in that confrontation, even if the groups are stuck on this "let's narc and harass the foamers and that'll definitely stop everything" mentality I'm sure there's enough people out there that are with it.

Is it worth going to jail over a loser foamer who cant even wash himself and brush his teeth let alone act like a keyboard warrior while surfing and posting it like hes a hard rock and a hotshot? Its bad enough we have TA workers at Jamaica screaming at the TWU for a photo ban! Get it now? Incidents like this is harming the community!

Edit: I'll leave it at that.

Edited by realizm

Well, you know what? I wasn't there. Don't put me in that ''good guys acting that way towards them'' group. Be more specific. We're trying to fight for our good name and reputation, not to mention our hobby that we so dearly love. I do agree with you on confronting people. I've wanted to do this with people for far less than what happened on the (R) , but if they have a weapon, it's all over. This is not like a stunt where people jumped over tracks for a stupid YouTube video. This is a fight for survival. Think about that.

Is it worth going to jail over a loser foamer who cant even wash himself and brush his teeth let alone act like a keyboard warrior while surfing and posting it like hes a hard rock and a hotshot? Its bad enough we have TA workers at Jamaica screaming at the TWU for a photo ban! Get it now? Incidents like this is harming the community!

No one's going to jail, that's why we got hoodies LOL. This is about giving ourselves a name for the foamers, the way we take care of things now doesn't work.

Well, you know what? I wasn't there. Don't put me in that ''good guys acting that way towards them'' group. Be more specific. We're trying to fight for our good name and reputation, not to mention our hobby that we so dearly love. I do agree with you on confronting people. I've wanted to do this with people for far less than what happened on the (R) , but if they have a weapon, it's all over. This is not like a stunt where people jumped over tracks for a stupid YouTube video. This is a fight for survival. Think about that.

Never mixed you in with them bro, sorry about the misunderstanding there. And exactly, we need to fight for real for our name, rep, hobby and all that. The foamers ruin all 3, and it's time we change the way we deal with them. Think about it, not only would we teach the foamers a lesson but there's that vibe out there with a lot of "normal" people (especially kids) that railfans are no-lifers, pussies, nerds, and so on. I think if we actually did some kind of confrontation we'd help ourselves look better and tougher to the rest of the city, and maybe get the hobby some more popularity.

Hoodies? Yeah, don't go there. And no one's wearing hoodies in summertime.

LMAO I was joking.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Never mixed you in with them bro, sorry about the misunderstanding there. And exactly, we need to fight for real for our name, rep, hobby and all that. The foamers ruin all 3, and it's time we change the way we deal with them.

LMAO I was joking.

How do you propose we do that? If anyone has any better ideas than calling out people for their behavior (i.e. actually saying what was done wrong and why it's wrong, and not repeating foamers over and over like a broken record, the height of unhelpfulness and uselessness), then please go ahead and share, I'm listening.

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

How do you propose we do that? If anyone has any better ideas than calling out people for their behavior online (i.e. actually saying what was done wrong and why it's not wrong, and not repeating foamers over and over like a broken record, the height of unhelpfulness and uselessness), then please go ahead and share, I'm listening.

Been said already. Time for some face to face real life confrontations.

How do you propose we do that? If anyone has any better ideas than calling out people for their behavior (i.e. actually saying what was done wrong and why it's wrong, and not repeating foamers over and over like a broken record, the height of unhelpfulness and uselessness), then please go ahead and share, I'm listening.

We have stated that we would like to meet these morons and teach them a lesson or two.

And how would that be any better? At least with an internet discussion, if the targeted individuals don't see the post and learn from it, someone else might, for all we know. I have seen a variety of situations where advice was given to someone who was behaving badly, and while the intended target audience didn't catch on, I and others, to whom the message was not intended, took the advice anyway, thus preventing or minimalizing future conflict by not being involved in it.

...And if the conflicts get physical? What then? Is it worth going to jail over these people? And what are the chances that the message will stick with them, rather than them brushing you off as "some a** who likes to get into fights"? It's not worth it.

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

...And if the conflicts get physical? What then? Is it worth going to jail over these people?

No one ever said put them in the hospital... and if they call in the cops they're lowering themselves to "our levels" so I think that's a good reason for them not to. Not to mention the crap they'd get in their personal lives for losing to "a bunch of train nerds" if they went and told people about it.

Been said already. Time for some face to face real life confrontations.

You know me. I cant really say it here wished I could but many times I had to deal with face to face confrontations in a violent high school for example. Put it this way. Its not worth it going to jail over punks. Send me a PM if you want me to break it down further since this is a public forum.

But the deal remains that we don't need delinquents creating stigma and a bad stereotype on railfanners who want to make a difference for the better.

I'd say to keep yourself out of trouble (personal experience here) let law enforcement deal with it. On our end it it really goes down with people advocating for bans on photography there are legal ways to challenge it. (If it goes there).

Edited by realizm

And how would that be any better? At least with an internet discussion, if the targeted individuals don't see the post and learn from it, someone else might, for all we know. I have seen a variety of situations where advice was given to someone who was behaving badly, and while the intended target audience didn't catch on, I and others, to whom the message was not intended, took the advice anyway, thus preventing or minimalizing future conflict by not being involved in it.

...And if the conflicts get physical? What then? Is it worth going to jail over these people? And what are the chances that the message will stick with them, rather than them brushing you off as "some a** who likes to get into fights"? It's not worth it.

Some people don't learn their lesson just by talking to them.

You know me. I cant really say it here wished I could but many times I had to deal with face to face confrontations in a violent high school for example. Put it this way. Its not worth it going to jail over punks. Send me a PM if you want me to break it down further since this is a public forum.

But the deal remains that we don't need delinquents creating stigma and a bad stereotype on railfanners who want to make a difference for the better.

I'd say to keep yourself out of trouble (personal experience here) let law enforcement deal with it. On our end it it really goes down with people advocating for bans on photography there are legal ways to challenge it. (If it goes there).

We're just defending our hobby. This isn't HS, we're not f*cking up random people over the smallest sh*t. These guys are f*cking with us and our hobby.

And yeah, for real if anyone wants to actually organize some confrontations, hit me up. I'll get people together, you get people together, and we sit down and chat with these guys. We should not be afraid to defend ourselves in person.

The only way certain fans will get the message is when their ass is in jail or they get their asses kicked. It's one or the other. Talking to them clearly isn't working. So drastic measures have to be taken.

Word. We should let the police take action on their own and let them do their investigations without interference by us, and we should deal with them in person ourselves as well.

No easy solutions here. We will have to plan accordingly (using our legal rights here) as things develop, thats my advice to you all. We may have to get together and advocate to protect our rights pertaining to photography rights in NYC Transit system. Again *if* it comes to that. I'm all for it to get actively involved as time permits if thats where this may go. But I have a hunch this my not happen as the NYPD nor MTA is not pessing for a ban at the moment plus we have preservation organizations that will fight this bitterly in court if the MTA Executive Committee, TWU and Legal teams bring it this far.

But it depends on those in the community to not repeat the mistakes made on Saturday. And thats the problem.

We're just defending our hobby. This isn't HS, we're not f*cking up random people over the smallest sh*t. These guys are f*cking with us and our hobby.

And yeah, for real if anyone wants to actually organize some confrontations, hit me up. I'll get people together, you get people together, and we sit down and chat with these guys. We should not be afraid to defend ourselves in person.

Word. We should let the police take action on their own and let them do their investigations without interference by us, and we should deal with them in person ourselves as well.

Yes I know. I am on the same page. Why would I go off the deep end like that? Stop with the assumptions please. Thats ridiculous. Take a deep breath let the adrenaline rush dissipate and rethink my comments. Thats not what I am saying.

The hoodie comment? I thought that was a joke. I was going along with the joke.

Edited by realizm