Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole shtick about not telling the cops if you see someone acting poorly sounds like little kids and their fears of tattle tales. This all reads like a high school drama, down to the idea that a**kicking is a magical problem solver. Unbelievable.

You need to be invested in the situation to fully grasp this. Since we know talking to them won't work and you say fighting isn't the answer, give me your solution. And you don't know us and why we do this. Don't call us little kids.

I went out that Saturday to go grocery shopping in Queens, but I didn't catch it. (I did hear that it was going to happen on Friday, but I didn't know if it was real or not. Coincidence I actually went out on Saturday.)

Who would've thought that all of this would've happened?

We have got some really bad railfans this year.  :( Who really cares who caught it first, at least you got to ride the dang train for yourself. Just act like a regular rider/tourist and take pictures casually, don't affect other people's travel. The train wasn't made to be taken pictures of in the first place, it was made to TRANSPORT PEOPLE.

Too many people are over exaggerating this whole thing

No railfan kicked off any passengers, the passengers were confused and didn't know what train it was

You did had railfans yelling this is an R train

I heard that some railfans were messing with the rollsigns

A lot of people were loud due to the fact that everyone was talking and foaming all at the sametime

And then you have the idiot who surfed the train

I was only on the 2 round trips,the first one was fine, nice and calm

2nd one more people started to show up, going to 71st was a horror show

After that I went home thinking the train went to lay up and I fount out that the train did a 3rd trip, that's when all the hell broke loose with the surfer and some idiot braking the rollsign

Too many people are overeating to the situation, the individuals who vandilzed the train should be put down, all we were doing was enjoying the ride even tough you had the F**cking idiots who were really acting like fools saying the train is sexy and etc. That alone creeped me out

As for the ta trying to go to the two for a photo ban, good luck with that because in a city like new york, it won't happen, tourists come here to enjoy our city, not to be yelled at because they took a photo of a train

The R32 swap will start after may 16th, ENY is gonna send 1 R160 to the (C) very soon to get the crews used to the cars, and ENY will receive another R32, also its possible that ENY will only have 2 sets of R32's in the near future due to the upcoming R143 SMS program starting in 2015

Have the R143 even been SMSed before? If not then goes to show how much cheaper the parts are on the R160.

I still find it funny that the MTA nor press says anything about the (C) getting new trains. I guess it's because when they put the R32 back on the (C), the customers will complain about their new cars being taken away. 

I still find it funny that the MTA nor press says anything about the (C) getting new trains.

It really doesn't mean anything, because that's not really important. Riders on the shorten (A) will complain about its headway too, not just the older cars. But afterwards, I doubt they will still care.

Have the R143 even been SMSed before? If not then goes to show how much cheaper the parts are on the R160.

I still find it funny that the MTA nor press says anything about the (C) getting new trains. I guess it's because when they put the R32 back on the (C), the customers will complain about their new cars being taken away. 

No One on the (C) really noticed the R160s were gone mainly due to the fact that they kept R32s running on the (C) last summer , wich i personally think was smart by the (MTA)

Edited by R62AR33

The R143's never have been SMS'ed before, this will be its first time, they're gonna replace a lot of outdated equipment on them, basically a mini overhaul

From what I'm hearing more R32's will be at ENY than last year, but maintenance wise it will be the same as last year

They're not going to release a "new train" press statement for a temporary car assignment. You'll likely see one when significant 179 cars arrive on property.

Last year, they didn't start really moving more R32s to ENY until August after passenger complaints starting flooding in and (reportedly) a very unhappy rider contacted the MTA inspector general.

I'd expect it to be the same this year, the MTA will be playing catch up with the amount of complaining riders do about broken air conditioning units.

I think there will be more R32s sent to ENY which means that some R32s will appear on the M.

Not going to happen unless the (C) becomes 100% R160A, and even then, the (M) wouldn't see more than a set or two. Last year, the (C) was half NTT with 5 sets left on the (J)(Z).

Hell yeah. The (J) had a shitload of R32s by about 80%, including those 48 R42s. I was heavily surprised myself. It got a large amount of downgrade and I haven't seen any of its riders complaining, at least to my experiences...

Edited by RollOverMyHead