Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

It's been about one year since they started swapping and I still have yet to see an R32 on the (J) .

Yesterday i only counted 3 sets of R160s on the (J) and (Z) with the Rest being R32s and R42s.... it shouldn't be hard for you to catch one now

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its supposed to be 10 sets, he's off by one, a source who works for the ta stated on subchat that its a 10 for 10 swap like last year, the assignments are subject to change it can increase like last year or decrease

They'll run on weekends and overnights

Just caught this. I'll keep both points made in mind. Thanks for the input, +1. Either 9 or 10 sets, minor difference, close enough in my book.

Was on the J yesterday, got on an R42 at Flushing after missing an R32, passed an R42 J and an R32 Z on the way to the city, got an R46 on the F, pulled into West 4th along an R32 C, stopped next to an R68 D. Felt like a different era, not a single piece of non-SMEE equipment.

Had an R32 C today that demonstrated why the swap is happening: no A/C whatsoever, shit was hot as balls. I opened up a window but even that didn't help, was sweating like hell in there.

Was on the J yesterday, got on an R42 at Flushing after missing an R32, passed an R42 J and an R32 Z on the way to the city, got an R46 on the F, pulled into West 4th along an R32 C, stopped next to an R68 D. Felt like a different era, not a single piece of non-SMEE equipment.

Had an R32 C today that demonstrated why the swap is happening: no A/C whatsoever, shit was hot as balls. I opened up a window but even that didn't help, was sweating like hell in there.

Lol...Felt like the 80's i bet...

I actually love the R32's and as long as the RFW is still intact, I'll keep loving them, and wishing they ran on the (Q).

Why on the  (Q) ? It is okay on the  (C) because it is an old line, but the  (Q) is a good line and looks new. They don't deserve to get punished with R32s.

Why on the  (Q) ? It is okay on the  (C) because it is an old line, but the  (Q) is a good line and looks new. They don't deserve to get punished with R32s.

Why do you keep quoting posts from 3-4 years ago?

Neither the (C) nor the (Q) are recently introduced services; re your bolded quote.

• 3 weeks later...

(A)(C) is the next lines to be reviewed by MTA the A has been slacking lately n the wait times for the A is bad lately i seen more (C) arrive

Its shorten version hasn't even run any more than at least 6 trains per hour all throughout the day and has been so for years now. So yeah, it may actually has been running like-better. I doubt it will ever get its headways increased any time soon though, primarily because only fewer people want a local stop while most are headed towards or from the outer areas served only by the (A) itself. The (A) is the system's longest route anyway, so the longer the line, the more problems they'll be along the way.

Edited by RollOver

An R32 ran on the (A) to Howard Beach, then back to 207th, and then surprise, it went to Far Rockaway. It's next trip out of 207th, it went to Howard Beach again.

And I can guarantee that if any foamers caught the Howard Beach train, they would go through and start changing the signs to the Airtrain. And then think it was the most clever thing ever.

And I can guarantee that if any foamers caught the Howard Beach train, they would go through and start changing the signs to the Airtrain. And then think it was the most clever thing ever.

I caught that particular (A) and did not change a thing. I doubt anyone will with what has been going on recently.

I don't understand. Why would a R32 to Howard Beach cause people to not be idiots?

They're referring to the more extreme foamers, in light of recent events where one was illegally in the cab of a R32 (and posted photos of it) and where the other one changed the rollsigns. The rollsign one always changes the rollsigns on trains.

I don't doubt that, but he said:

"...did not change a thing. I doubt anyone will with what has been going on recently."

I asked what that was, and he said:

"The Howard Beach R32 (A)".

Hence my confusion. I don't understand why such an event would magically stop people from acting like idiots. Or am I missing something?

I caught that particular (A) and did not change a thing. I doubt anyone will with what has been going on recently.

Dude, you have the airtrain as your AVATAR!

Hence my confusion. I don't understand why such an event would magically stop people from acting like idiots. Or am I missing something?

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then you're probably talking about the foamer criminal trespasser (and yeah, I know you're on this forum and we all know who you are!) who recently caused a train to BIE in the Cranberry Tube when he was "playing around" with the circuit breakers in an empty cab. Well guess what, now your career as an actual motorman has come to a screeching halt.

Edited by Snowblock

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then you're probably talking about the foamer criminal trespasser (and yeah, I know you're on this forum and we all know who you are!) who recently caused a train to BIE in the Cranberry Tube when he was "playing around" with the circuit breakers in an empty cab. Well guess what, now your career as an actual motorman has come to a screeching halt.

Wow, that is insane :blink: