Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

3 hours ago, thicctrain said:

So that's why the wiki sucked

You’re not making sense, y’know.

Photos and videos (as well as what you see from your two eye balls) don’t prove anything because they were taken by rail fans, not actual transit workers. Joe Korner still has many connections within the (MTA) especially the rolling stock despite his retirement. That’s why he has his own website and his website is reliable enough for all (MTA)-related articles all over Wikipedia.

This website on the other hand is also not reliable for Wikipedia either because anything in general can be announced by anyone, whether they work for the (MTA) or not, and things are always subject to change. Someone here can say that the future R211s are going to all lines that currently use R46s and later on, they instead end up going to lines that don’t even use R46s.

Ruminate.

Edited by Jemorie

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so, at this point, we are less than a year away from the (L) 14th Street Tunnels closure. With more R179s coming our way, I think it's a good idea for the MTA to start shifting fleets into their respective spots. I really hope these people in upper management grab the bull by the horns and make intelligent moves. All I know is that they ought to start things like this EARLY. Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Alright, so, at this point, we are less than a year away from the (L) 14th Street Tunnels closure. With more R179s coming our way, I think it's a good idea for the MTA to start shifting fleets into their respective spots. I really hope these people in upper management grab the bull by the horns and make intelligent moves. All I know is that they ought to start things like this EARLY. Any thoughts?

It’s already planned out. There will be a small amount of swapping during the summer, and things will pick up in the fall. Subject to change though.

42 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

It has been noted that there are less R32s running on the (A) and more have shown up on the (C). Is there any reason for this?

There’s not a single R46 on the (C) meanwhile more R32’s went back to 207th from East New York. 

1 hour ago, VIP said:

There’s not a single R46 on the (C) meanwhile more R32’s went back to 207th from East New York. 

Not so sure about that. I’ve seen R46s on the (C) as of recent.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

I heard it's something to do with the R32s break down on the (A) (could be wrong about this)

If this were the case, they wouldn’t be moving them to 207 St.

Guys, the (C) has always had around 4 sets of R32s since the swap. The 5 sets of R46s and 8 sets of R160A-1s are still assigned to it though, so that in total makes 18 trains for passenger service.

The amount of R32s on the (A) is still the same - 7 sets.