Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AJ of JGD said:

Yes, they have. There’s been a certain picture that was very recent floating around of an R211 at the Kawasaki factory.

That's probably only the pilot train, I doubt any 211s exist yet outside of the pilot train. Considering the previous two B div NTT (160 and 179) took a year to complete testing before entering service I wouldn't hold my breath on the 211 pilot train entering passenger service in 2020.

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

That's probably only the pilot train, I doubt any 211s exist yet outside of the pilot train. Considering the previous two B div NTT (160 and 179) took a year to complete testing before entering service I wouldn't hold my breath on the 211 pilot train entering passenger service in 2020.

R211s should be enter the service in 2021 and Replace these r46s and R32s.

22 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

That's just the mock up, the actual pilot train as well as the rest of the order will be built in Nebraska and assembled in Yonkers. 

To add on to this, the pilot set isn't due until July 2020 and the first production cars won't be due until December 2021, so it will be a while until any large number of R211s are in regular service.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

9013-17,8893-97 confirmed at Jamaica, Its on the (E) right now

Wow i do remember you mentioning that the R46's will be Transfered to Coney  Island and some here including myself thought it was a rumor that will never happen Until the R211 Started   to arrive

17 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Rumor has it that the last R42s have been pulled from passenger service tonight roughly an hour or so ago and are pending transfer to somewhere (that I don't know off). I don't have access to MTA fleet information so I'll leave up to those who do to confirm it.

207th st is where one set is going, the R42 that ran on the J is in the back of Jamaica center right now.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

207th st is where one set is going, the R42 that ran on the J is in the back of Jamaica center right now.

That set that was at the back of Jamaica Center is/was on the move. I saw it at 121st street on the Manhattan/Brooklyn bound side about an hour ago while I was on a R143 (J) heading to Jamaica Center. It was out of service in case anyone asks.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

32 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

That set that was at the back of Jamaica Center is/was on the move. I saw it at 121st street on the Manhattan/Brooklyn bound side about an hour ago while I was on a R143 (J) heading to Jamaica Center. It was out of service in case anyone asks.

Yea it's on the deck at ENY yard

10 hours ago, Jemorie said:

@m2fwannabe, I heard two sets of R42s were in service earlier on the (J) in the AM peak. So the 16 cars are still there at ENY in general. It's not 10.

I told y’all not to buy into the rumors. Amazing how some who do not work for transit has the most to say about car equipment/placement. 

Gm to everyone. But I'm not sure why everyone  keeps saying the R42s are retired and what not there actually  not and the MTA dont have no plans for retiring  them just yet plus if I'm correct  theres not enough equipment  to retire  them just yet and plus the R211s aren't here yet either so that wouldn't make sense to do so. Plus those 2 sets that went to Coney and 207th they are there for storage some said there there to become a garbage  train but obviously  it's there for storage. The R42 is still in passenger service and I aspect  one to be in service for the Am and pm rush hour today for the (J) and (Z) lines I just hate when people believe  false rumors like literally  everyone on FB is saying they retired which they have not. And even if it did you would think that everyone had pics of them but now everyone  wanna go to the (J) and (Z) if that's the case ya should of caught it while ya could and not complain. But like I said those R42s ain't retired yet they still got alittle longer life to live so please stop with the false rumors.

5 hours ago, VIP said:

I told y’all not to buy into the rumors. Amazing how some who do not work for transit has the most to say about car equipment/placement. 

39 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Gm to everyone. But I'm not sure why everyone  keeps saying the R42s are retired and what not there actually  not and the MTA dont have no plans for retiring  them just yet plus if I'm correct  theres not enough equipment  to retire  them just yet and plus the R211s aren't here yet either so that wouldn't make sense to do so. Plus those 2 sets that went to Coney and 207th they are there for storage some said there there to become a garbage  train but obviously  it's there for storage. The R42 is still in passenger service and I aspect  one to be in service for the Am and pm rush hour today for the (J) and (Z) lines I just hate when people believe  false rumors like literally  everyone on FB is saying they retired which they have not. And even if it did you would think that everyone had pics of them but now everyone  wanna go to the (J) and (Z) if that's the case ya should of caught it while ya could and not complain. But like I said those R42s ain't retired yet they still got alittle longer life to live so please stop with the false rumors.

Blame the usual suspects who spread the rumors all over though, because that’s how everyone is now scratching their heads as they wonder around about who’s side to root for and all. Tbh, remember how I kept on saying I will wake up early in the morning and get to Jamaica Center before 7:15 a.m. in time for the skip-stop service to start to see if an R42 will show up either in service or as a put-in? The truth is that...I never really once stuck by word. I just simply don’t feel like waking up so early just to catch a train...especially when I’m not getting paid to do so anyway...

I partially believe in @m2fwannabe though...just not to the full extent...anyway, I might go out on the (J) later on for real this time. I mean dunno. Like you guys said, I’ll just continue to take my time till the R211s.

Edited by Jemorie