Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

What are the numbers and what are the rollsigns set to?

Its signed up as the C and the number is #3610 from the back I would go to the front but theres foamers well kids that's at the front and theres many of them.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

19 hours ago, Calvin said:
19 hours ago, DaPr03 said:

Yesterday, I saw 9143-9148 + 9193-9197 on Queens Blvd going NB via LCL with the safety chain off & barrier springs removed in the middle. Is it a possible transfer?

Yes, it's out of Jamaica Yard now. 

Just a thought (something maybe to watch for):  Possible temporary transfers of R-46s from Jamaica to Pitkin to fill up for the missing R-179s, with as many as R160s would be jumping from Coney Island to Jamaica anyways.

Best as I can understand the 16 R-32s removed from the fleet last week have and will not be put back in service.

Stripping work had already began on Monday.

3454/55 was in the line to go on the chop shop too but was inn another track then returned to Inspection and the yard then was still available.

That would get the Brightliner fleet back up to 204.  Probably all there will be but will watch.

So, it would seem doubt there will be any MORE R-32s retired anytime soon, Mhhhh?!?!?

The most interesting thing about the garbage train 32s returning to service is it might have 10+ year old ads in it. One of the best things about riding the museum trains is seeing the ads from the time period they ran, always was cool seeing early 2000s ads on the museum redbirds. I would imagine the ones in the museum R1-9's are replica ads..?