Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Uh yeah it is. Today THREE R46s on the (N)(W) failed. Hence why I’ll stick with the R160s (and the lengthy wait)

this is why your decisions are based out of pettiness, not even reason or logic...

just deal with and accept the (N)(W) being R46/R68As, you cant have the R160s on the line forever. besides, ur gonna get NTTs back in not even that long from now considering the 211s aren't far off from delivery and theres a chance that they will head to CI to replace the 46s once they are in service. you have (A) riders putting up with the 46s daily, you have (6) riders riding the R62As daily, you have (C) riders using the 32s daily etc etc etc, and yet they all dont complain about the lack of NTTs on said line. the average commuter is just going to take a train regardless of its age to go somewhere. if you wont change your mind thats up to you, but this is just a warning that what you are doing can possibly come back to harm you in the future. 

and also you really think that suing the MTA over the swap (which is something that will inevitably be finished) whether you like it or not is gonna do shit? lmao they will almost definitely care nothing about what we're saying and just continue the swap as they please. 

25 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Just go with it. 🤣🤣

This is why buffs with no RTO experience whatsoever should use the forums, or just foamers to be honest. They'll just rant about anything & not back themselves up or use false information lol

Edited by DaPr03

Just now, SubwayFan3000 said:

You're all being bunch of bullies, STOP! Leave @darkstar8983 Alone and he have right to express his own opinion as much as i do.

While it is his opinion to favor a certain car type is one thing. But to habitually let trains pass to specifically avoid a car type that will make up the majority of the (N) train fleet is childish. He paid his $2.75, so he can wait all day if he wants. But the time wasted for something so insignificant is truly mind boggling. That's like calling an Uber and then canceling the ride because the driver showed up in a Honda instead of a BMW. That's basically what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

While it is his opinion to favor a certain car type is one thing. But to habitually let trains pass to specifically avoid a car type that will make up the majority of the (N) train fleet is childish. He paid his $2.75, so he can wait all day if he wants. But the time wasted for something so insignificant is truly mind boggling. That's like calling an Uber and then canceling the ride because the driver showed up in a Honda instead of a BMW. That's basically what he's doing.

I Don't agree with fleep swap, but he must wait until R211s come in around Q3/Q4 2020 to Q1/Q2 2021 and replace all R46s, then there is possibility that R160s will come back to the (N)(W)

1 hour ago, Q23 via 108 said:

But to habitually let trains pass to specifically avoid a car type that will make up the majority of the (N) train fleet is childish.

He can let them pass, but to complain here about it and say the MTA is at fault? That's nonsense. He can wait all he wants for the train, in whatever weather, for whatever car he wants, but it's ridiculous to then say how the swap is bad when he's bringing this upon himself. 

18 minutes ago, Enjineer said:

He can let them pass, but to complain here about it and say the MTA is at fault? That's nonsense. He can wait all he wants for the train, in whatever weather, for whatever car he wants, but it's ridiculous to then say how the swap is bad when he's bringing this upon himself. 

If you read my post, I didn't say the MTA was at fault. I also said in my post that he paid his $2.75, So he can wait all he wants. All I mentioned was that the reason he was passing up on trains was just immature. He has the right to stand and wait when its mad brick outside for a specific train. I also never said the swap was bad. An R46 will take you to the same places and R160 can. If you're rail fanning for R160s it one thing, but if you got to do normal everyday things and you have to be at a place at a certain time. I wouldn't pass up multiple trains just because of a car type. I'd be dammed if I got terminated by my job because of an R46.

Edited by Q23 via 108

23 hours ago, P3F said:

I'm just waiting for the day when the (N) and (W) are entirely R46s and R68s, so that you complain about how the (MTA) stranded you in Astoria or Midtown, and everyone else can have a good laugh at the idiocy.

Well just to keep the joke at my expense going, this afternoon PM Rush was day one of “getting stranded”. Just switched to the (R), and got in some much needed exercise 😁😁

Edited by darkstar8983

2 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Well just to keep the joke at my expense going, this afternoon PM Rush was day one of “getting stranded”. Just switched to the (R), and got in some much needed exercise 😁😁

I want to know what your walk is. You mean to tell me that you walked from Astoria Blvd down to Steinway Street?

On a very serious note.

Why are so hell bent on not getting on the R46s. 

Edited by Q23 via 108

The 46s is different from the 68s/160s (N) :  more seats for the people with groceries, bubble tea at 8 Av and Canal St. However, the front of the train is the train route. The rear can sometimes show another route like  <Q>  

Edited by Calvin

9 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The 46s is different from the 68s/160s (N) :  more seats for the people with groceries, bubble tea at 8 Av and Canal St. However, the front of the train is the train route. The rear can sometimes show another route like  <Q>  

R46’s hold more passengers than the R68/A’s because of the cab-less passenger cars. Some of the R46’s look more modern than the R68s/A’s with them yellow looped stanchions, door mats, and LED lighting.  

3 minutes ago, VIP said:

R46’s hold more passengers than the R68/A’s because of the cab-less passenger cars. Some of the R46’s look more modern than the R68s/A’s with them yellow looped stanchions, door mats, and LED lighting.  

Still can't get rid of that 70's beige variation color scheme on the walls and floor, the R46s will still look older for that very reason 😂