Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

can someone write down at what time it leaves Astoria and on which route, so I can time my commute home?

What type of nonsense are you on?

Just for that, I hope you catch that R160 and it breaks down.

Edited by AJ of JGD

19 minutes ago, subway4832 said:

...are you serious....

Oh yeah trust me, he is being 110% serious. A few pages ago him and another dude were bashing the R46’s talking about how they are causing lots of delays and they also talking about how they will take the (R) and do a half hour walk. All we can do now is pay it no mind. 

12 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

How about no and go catch another Uber and waste money you obviously have?

Rude! and FYI, I only did that once, during ONE AM Rush hour because I didn't wake up on time. The others I have waited for the (N) or have just walked to my office (or to the (R) )  (a great deal of exercise which I'm glad to say is definitely showing results).

I'm not a fan of cabs

And I'm done adding fuel to this fire. Any additional gas-lighting or angry/bashing comments are on all of you

Edited by darkstar8983

17 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

Rude! and FYI, I only did that once, during ONE AM Rush hour because I didn't wake up on time. The others I have waited for the (N) or have just walked to my office (or to the (R) )  (a great deal of exercise which I'm glad to say is definitely showing results).

I'm not a fan of cabs

And I'm done adding fuel to this fire. Any additional gas-lighting or angry/bashing comments are on all of you

Cool. I guess I am angry afterall. Hope you call me when you can ride the (N) or (W) without getting a heart attack because it's an R46. I'll stop getting angry and cool down for the rest of the day. 

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Cool. I guess I am angry afterall. Hope you call me when you can ride the (N) or (W) without getting a heart attack because it's an R46. I'll stop getting angry and cool down for the rest of the day. 

HA! The jokes on all of you! Just got to Lexington Av-59’St and guess which train came in (and the direction I needed)

Edited by darkstar8983

Not for nothing, it's good for Jamaica's 46s to have fresh air outside aside from being underground all the time on the (R) (with the (F)). Mostly, the (N)(W) is outside with the (G) short in distance. 

Meanwhile, 160s at C.I: they tend to deep clean the cars a lot. With most of them at Jamaica, the appearance will be different (similar to ENY). 

68/As: Mainly on the (B) as the (D) has 68s to have 1 class type train on 6 Av Exp/Grand Concourse. Currently, they are all over. Previously, counted 6-8 sets on the Astoria line. Sometimes, there's one of the rollsigns left blank. Also, flaws on those cars being on the (Q) is that most cars take away parts of the space for passengers to board on 2nd Av. 

Edited by Calvin

Just now, Calvin said:

Not for nothing, it's good for Jamaica's 46s to have fresh air outside aside from being underground all the time on the (R) (with the (F)). Mostly, the (N)(W) is outside with the (G) short in distance. 

I, for one, think it's fun to see the 46s where they haven't been for practically my whole life. Just the other day I managed to snag a great shot of 2 R46s under a Northeast Regional at Ditmars!

ZQxnWTN.jpg

Me looking at everyone throwing a fit for some reason over R46’s being trains and running on tracks.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290664b57768b37a3fd1

So can we:

1) stop dragging folks for having feelings about the swap

2) stop losing minds over fabricated metal and electronics being somewhere it wasn’t before but not causing environmental or economic damage - since complaining about them being in Astoria is not going to get Cuomo to order them back to Ozone Park and Elmhurst en masse;

3) Let @darkstar8983 be in his feelings over brown and tan panels matched with orange bucket seats; and

4) Let everyone have relief from your feelings regarding the aforementioned, @darkstar8983?

Or I can close comments for a few days. (I know how to use that button.)

Because this was beyond a stupid and pointless fight.

Edited by Deucey

54 minutes ago, Enjineer said:

I, for one, think it's fun to see the 46s where they haven't been for practically my whole life. Just the other day I managed to snag a great shot of 2 R46s under a Northeast Regional at Ditmars!

ZQxnWTN.jpg

Wait, so no one is going to point out just how steep the trackbed is leading to the terminal there at Ditmars Boulevard???