Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Enjineer said:

I, for one, think it's fun to see the 46s where they haven't been for practically my whole life. Just the other day I managed to snag a great shot of 2 R46s under a Northeast Regional at Ditmars!

ZQxnWTN.jpg

That’s a great shot. Looks like that picture is really worth a thousand words.

I could be wrong but I think the R46 set with 5712 as the last car is on its way to Coney Island possibly. Just saw it at Forest Hills on the Manhattan bound track and at this time of night (11:23pm) the (R) no longer runs to Manhattan so I doubt it was in service. Plus I didn’t see anyone on it.

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I could be wrong but I think the R46 set with 5712 as the last car is on its way to Coney Island possibly. Just saw it at Forest Hills on the Manhattan bound track and at this time of night (11:23pm) the (R) no longer runs to Manhattan so I doubt it was in service. Plus I didn’t see anyone on it.

There's definitely a few more 46s on the R, so there'll be more transfers

Edited by DaPr03

17 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Oh yeah trust me, he is being 110% serious. A few pages ago him and another dude were bashing the R46’s talking about how they are causing lots of delays and they also talking about how they will take the (R) and do a half hour walk. All we can do now is pay it no mind. 

some posters on this site are IQ challenged...…….through no fault of their own.

5 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

some posters on this site are IQ challenged...…….through no fault of their own.

3 hours ago, Emil said:

not someone having a meltdown over a FLEET SWAP..... as long as the train works fine why does it matter 

Didn’t feel like typing.

Just now, Jova42R said:

Have the R46s started service on the (B)(G) yet? Also, how common is it to see R46s on the (N)(Q)(W)?

R46s have been more regular on the (G) now. I think they were taking some sets of R68’s off the (G) and placing them on the (N)(Q) and (W) trains. 

The R46s are very common in the (N) and (W) now. A majority of the fleet is R46s, with some R68/A’s and R160s. The (R) is mostly R160s now. There was stalled train at Forest Hills last night that caused a huge backup and in every station from Roosevelt Ave to Forest Hills there was a R160 (R) except at 67th Ave. That train was an R46.

12 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

on another topic...

4808-09, 4822-23, 4792-93, and 4804-05 were out and about doing non revenue moves on the (J) today. (from what i hear it was used for something at bowery on the abandoned side) 

Those are R42s, right?

55 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

on another topic...

4808-09, 4822-23, 4792-93, and 4804-05 were out and about doing non revenue moves on the (J) today. (from what i hear it was used for something at bowery on the abandoned side) 

Probably a movie or TV shoot, shows I watch I noticed that some subway scenes was filmed at the Bowery abandoned platforms.

6 hours ago, Richard Lewis 1 said:

I Report Mta Already. I Got Make Plans (R) Train Are Running On (F) line At Bay Ridge 95th Street And Jamaica 179th Street Because Singal layup Forest Hills 71st Avenue I think its last Day for R46 (R) Train Before CBTC But when is CBTC Starts June That's I Create Plan

Chief, I haven't the slightest clue of what you're saying.