Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

1 hour ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

Today’s (Q)  put in out of 96 St-2 Av had R160As 8693-7 and 9343-7.

When I saw 8693, I thought that some 160s  went back to CIY. 

I have a video of it, but how do I post it?

That must have been the (Q) train that pulled into Canal this morning right after my R46 (N) train pulled out. I heard Alstom propulsion noises behind me as I made my way up the stairs.  

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

Today’s (Q)  put in out of 96 St-2 Av had R160As 8693-7 and 9343-7.

When I saw 8693, I thought that some 160s  went back to CIY. 

I have a video of it, but how do I post it?

Post the youtube link here by copying the website url and it will show the video

Also, it was an (R) to 96 St and a PM rush put in out of 36 St which is how you saw 8693 on the (Q) 

1 hour ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

That must have been the (Q) train that pulled into Canal this morning right after my R46 (N) train pulled out. I heard Alstom propulsion noises behind me as I made my way up the stairs.  

Thats the one. I saw a R46 (N) at 34 St before the R160 (Q)

Even though the swap between JAM & CI is pretty much done, give or take one or two sets. Their still using 160s on the (N) line (I'm riding on one right now). I was hoping the remaining 160s at CI yard would get split between the (Q) and (N) & (W) lines so maybe their in the process of doing that.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Even though the swap between JAM & CI is pretty much done, give or take one or two sets. Their still using 160s on the (N) line (I'm riding on one right now). I was hoping the remaining 160s at CI yard would get split between the (Q) and (N) & (W) lines so maybe their in the process of doing that.

They are split between the three routes

2 hours ago, Metajore said:

I was taking the R to College Today and i saw i Cuomo/Siemens set, a Cuomo/Alstom set, and a Siemens/Alstom Set, what is Jamaica doing with the R160's?

They are doing what they do best. They mix all the sets up and run them in any combination that they want to.

Next thing I am expecting them to do is a 9 car set, 5 cars Siemens and 4 cars Alstom (there are some sets lying around for (M) service)

34 minutes ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

They are doing what they do best. They mix all the sets up and run them in any combination that they want to.

Next thing I am expecting them to do is a 9 car set, 5 cars Siemens and 4 cars Alstom (there are some sets lying around for (M) service)

They need to lengthen the platform at Metropolitan, move the tower and the double crossover first.

5 hours ago, MeeP15-9112 said:
7 hours ago, Metajore said:

I was taking the R to College Today and i saw i Cuomo/Siemens set, a Cuomo/Alstom set, and a Siemens/Alstom Set, what is Jamaica doing with the R160's?

There are good technical reasons that the R-160s weren't randomly mixed when at Coney Island.

10 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

8 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

They are split between the three routes

Between the three non-Queens Blvd lines, the number of techs will lie in about 4. Yesterday, the (Q) has 160s but barely than what it was expected. Most of the trains were 46s and a 68. Suggestion is to check again when all 46s are off Queens Blvd line (there are 3 46s left while the (N) used 3 160s currently). 

Edited by Calvin

17 hours ago, Metajore said:

Well knowing jamaica yard, it looks like they dont give 2 shts about mixing like coney island yard did lol

On 3/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, Around the Horn said:

Please stop spreading false information 

Spreading False Information, Did you know what happened to the r142as on the (6) line? They're Permanently in the Corona yard and they are now R188s, So which means the Jamaica and the CIY Swap may become Permanent the Jamaica yard will be keeping R160s from the CIY but I don't know if they will do it or not.

False Information in your opinion. 

18 hours ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

R46 (R) at Canal heading SB to 59 St. This is MOST LIKELY to be a SWAP TRAIN.

It is because if it's a 59th Street bound R46 (R) train and it stops at 4th avenue 59th street, It will make a Switch to the Express track and travel to 59th street, Via Sea Beach and go to the CIY yard

On 3/9/2020 at 9:56 PM, Fuseguy is Cool said:

R160 Siemens on the (F) 8878-8882 & 8953-8957 today

A Newly Transfered Siemens car

5 minutes ago, Jacob said:

It is because if it's a 59th Street bound R46 (R) train and it stops at 4th avenue 59th street, It will make a Switch to the Express track and travel to 59th street, Via Sea Beach and go to the CIY yard

5734 was seen on the northbound (R) at 9:30 at Lexington Av (not likely a swap train for today), and the 8:59AM (W) and 9:03AM (N) trains out of Astoria-Ditmars were both R160s

34 minutes ago, Jacob said:

Spreading False Information, Did you know what happened to the r142as on the (6) line? They're Permanently in the Corona yard and they are now R188s, So which means the Jamaica and the CIY Swap may become Permanent the Jamaica yard will be keeping R160s from the CIY but I don't know if they will do it or not.

False Information in your opinion. 

False information in your opinion as in what? You not having actual evidence for a prediction in a couple years vs @Around the Horn using actual sources to back up claims?

R160s may move. R160s may not move. Nobody even knows because there were plans for R211s to go to Jamaica and that was shelved in favor of the moved R160. And it could still change in the near future based on the needs for Jamaica yard. 

Also "Jamaica and the CIY Swap may become Permanent" ≠ "Jamaica and the CIY Swap will become Permanent"