Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
INDman

Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Can NTT cars work in an A-B-A paring?

I dont think so because each A car needs its own B car. With the two A cars sharing a B car, the resources/necessities are being shared by both cars, and is more prone to failures or catastrophic breakdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

When? Does anyone have evidence?

2009 or so. There are a number of news stories about it. Failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RedLine said:

All R32s are out of service.

that's because they don't need them, the (C) is suspended along with the (B)(W)(Z) lines. So they don't need to run the R32's. the R32's last ran about 2 weeks ago on the (A)

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly a couple of full length R160 (G) trains ran this week to give riders more space for social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Supposedly a couple of full length R160 (G) trains ran this week to give riders more space for social distancing.

There’s been two sets roaming around, but as crews start dropping like leaves in the dead of autumn, the next plan is to have the (G) OPTO 24/7 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:43 AM, VIP said:

There’s been two sets roaming around, but as crews start dropping like leaves in the dead of autumn, the next plan is to have the (G) OPTO 24/7 

600' G trains are operating since regularly scheduled intervals are not able to be covered due to lack of crews.

And who told you that 24/7 OPTO is the next plan for the G 24/7?  The fact of the matter is that OPTO is only permitted with trains a maximum of 300' long.  In other words, long trains on the G = NO OPTO!  It's in the contract!  When they did that on the L some years ago the contract was violated.  Once the grievance process went thru the steps, the conductors were immediately reinstated.

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 12:43 AM, VIP said:

There’s been two sets roaming around, but as crews start dropping like leaves in the dead of autumn, the next plan is to have the (G) OPTO 24/7 

Whose asinine plan is that? As per contract that's Not permitted..

Geez where  some of y'all  come up with things like this?

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

600' G trains are operating since regularly scheduled intervals are not able to be covered due to lack of crews.

And who told you that 24/7 OPTO is the next plan for the G 24/7?  The fact of the matter is that OPTO is only permitted with trains a maximum of 300' long.  In other words, long trains on the G = NO OPTO!  It's in the contract!  When they did that on the L some years ago the contract was violated.  Once the grievance process went thru the steps, the conductors were immediately reinstated.

Bill that sounds like some stuff a retired TO  we both know of who would say nonsense like that..

 

  • Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 6
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

600' G trains are operating since regularly scheduled intervals are not able to be covered due to lack of crews.

And who told you that 24/7 OPTO is the next plan for the G 24/7?  The fact of the matter is that OPTO is only permitted with trains a maximum of 300' long.  In other words, long trains on the G = NO OPTO!  It's in the contract!  When they did that on the L some years ago the contract was violated.  Once the grievance process went thru the steps, the conductors were immediately reinstated.

I’m aware of that! I didn’t say “they’re going to run 600 ft trains as OPTO. I guess some of you just have a 4th grade reading level with zero common sense. I see I gotta break things down into bits so that some of you who don’t have anything better to do but to criticize one’s post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, VIP said:

I’m aware of that! I didn’t say “they’re going to run 600 ft trains as OPTO. I guess some of you just have a 4th grade reading level with zero common sense. I see I gotta break things down into bits so that some of you who don’t have anything better to do but to criticize one’s post. 

Now listen here buddy, maybe some on here have a 4th grade reading level with zero common sense but you are certainly not referring to me because I would have never lasted with NYCT as a Train Operator for over 33 years (with 34 in the company) with ZERO operating violations.  Amazing you made that 4th grade reading level wisecrack to my post!

Furthermore if you go back to your post of Saturday April 4th at 12:43 AM, you specifically said, and I quote "...….but as crews start dropping like leaves in the dead of autumn, the next plan is to have the G OPTO 24/7."

You're the one who told us what the next plan was.  Then you claim you didn't say "they're going to run 600 ft trains at OPTO.  So then who told you?  And why did you repeat such a ridiculous statement it you know better?

You are not a rookie on this site.  Under your R32 pic it reads "1,647 posts."  I have said multiple times (I have 1,546 posts) that OPTO is not permitted on trains over 300' in length".  So why did you even waste our time in telling us that ".....the next plan is to have the G OPTO 24/7?" 

As a side, on M-F on all 3 tours, there are picked conductor jobs.  Therefore there will be no OPTO intervals sent out M-F even with a 300' train.  At least last Friday, they were running 600' trains.  If they kept 600' trains all last weekend, they would of had to find conductors, which they can't even find to staff other lines.

 

Edited by Bill from Maspeth
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 2:34 PM, MHV9218 said:

Given that the MTA did test 11-car R160 sets for (F) service, my guess is yes. 

I would love to see the results of the study completed to analyze the results of the test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Now listen here buddy, maybe some on here have a 4th grade reading level with zero common sense but you are certainly not referring to me because I would have never lasted with NYCT as a Train Operator for over 33 years (with 34 in the company) with ZERO operating violations.  Amazing you made that 4th grade reading level wisecrack to my post!

Furthermore if you go back to your post of Saturday April 4th at 12:43 AM, you specifically said, and I quote "...….but as crews start dropping like leaves in the dead of autumn, the next plan is to have the G OPTO 24/7."

You're the one who told us what the next plan was.  Then you claim you didn't say "they're going to run 600 ft trains at OPTO.  So then who told you?  And why did you repeat such a ridiculous statement it you know better?

You are not a rookie on this site.  Under your R32 pic it reads "1,647 posts."  I have said multiple times (I have 1,546 posts) that OPTO is not permitted on trains over 300' in length".  So why did you even waste our time in telling us that ".....the next plan is to have the G OPTO 24/7?" 

As a side, on M-F on all 3 tours, there are picked conductor jobs.  Therefore there will be no OPTO intervals sent out M-F even with a 300' train.  At least last Friday, they were running 600' trains.  If they kept 600' trains all last weekend, they would of had to find conductors, which they can't even find to staff other lines.

 

Bill please do not let  know it all will never see a operating cab ever in passenger service in his lifetime get under yer skin, just laugh and scroll by the foolishness..

Hes not even worth an explanation...

Edited by RTOMan
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is still a single R46 along the (R) . It just passed me at Steinway going to 71st. 

Guessing the swap is on "pause" as well for now. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4P3607 said:

There is still a single R46 along the (R) . It just passed me at Steinway going to 71st. 

Guessing the swap is on "pause" as well for now. 

Its been for quite a while, about 3-4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

There is still a single R46 along the (R) . It just passed me at Steinway going to 71st. 

Guessing the swap is on "pause" as well for now. 

 

2 hours ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

Its been for quite a while, about 3-4 weeks.

The resume button won't be active till this situation clears up but yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there's the unceremonious retirement I expected.  Hopefully they'll keep a set operational to do a farewell trip later on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Collin said:

Well there's the unceremonious retirement I expected.  Hopefully they'll keep a set operational to do a farewell trip later on.

That does not mean they are all retired. Big difference between OOS and retired.

The R32s are not needed because of the (C) not running at this time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice indeed if the R32s did one round trip on each line, one every day, seeing that they worked the whole B division over their service careers.

The foamers will definitely be foaming hard if the (MTA) does this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

That does not mean they are all retired. Big difference between OOS and retired.

The R32s are not needed because of the (C) not running at this time.

It’s not that they’re not necessarily needed the union pushed to get these trains off the road to prevent conductors from having to change cabs amidst this pandemic. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.