Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Oddly enough Chris, I was thinking the exact same thing. The part about putting the A1s on the C in lieu of the 32s. Wouldn't say anything about the 32s needing fresh air anymore, eh? Though I think the main problem keeping that from happening is 207th's inability to maintain the A1s. Could be wrong though.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on a R32 (A) today, the rollsigns all were set to 168th Street and (A) Washington Heights - 8th Avenue/Fulton and I didn't any (A) to 168th G.O. today, thought I'd share that here. It definitely wasn't a (C), the flipdot was set to the (A), the rollsigns still said Far Rockaway, it ran on the express track, and as I said before it said (A) Washington Heights on the rollsign.

Oddly enough Chris, I was thinking the exact same thing. The part about putting the A1s on the C in lieu of the 32s. Wouldn't say anything about the 32s needing fresh air anymore, eh? Though I think the main problem keeping that from happening is 207th's inability to maintain the A1s. Could be wrong though.

The Funny thing is that was an actual plan, and it would be a good one too, but 207th is busy SMS'ing the R62A's and the shop can't really handle those things right now, they can if they wanted to though, they just need those lifts

I was on a R32 (A) today, the rollsigns all were set to 168th Street and (A) Washington Heights - 8th Avenue/Fulton and I didn't any (A) to 168th G.O. today, thought I'd share that here. It definitely wasn't a (C), the flipdot was set to the (A), the rollsigns still said Far Rockaway, it ran on the express track, and as I said before it said (A) Washington Heights on the rollsign.

There is a few trains that run as far up as 168 then go to the yard, I once had an R42 do that, also there are a few that terminate at Dyckman (but the rollsign still says 207).

I saw that set and rode it, it was a lefferts put in during the week, in the AM rush some put ins end at 168th st and some end at dyckman st sometimes the put ins stay in service if the line screws up

I used to like this swap but not anymore. Like every day I always get an R46 on the (A) going to/from school...I am tired of riding those cars all the time...I also want to see, ride on and hearing the great sounds and MPH on the R32s while riding the (A) express, the Jamaica Bay crossing and the Rockaways...Since there's only 140/222 R32s in service, the only I see those cars on my sight is the opposite direction during the off-peak and/or rush hour. Other than, I see nothing but the usual R46. I got the R32s like 12 times only....I now vote for the R32s to return to (C) (even though it is the local and completely underground) the day after Fall begins tommorrow...

BTW this does not mean I dislike the R46s.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I understand how RollOverMyHead feels. I've been visiting my mom out there frequently in the last two months and the majority of consists I've been on have been 46s. I've caught 32s literally 4 times. To me, it's important nostalgia-wise since I grew up in the rfw era and I like to make sure if it is a 32, I'm in the front. And it's only been during the last 2 summer's since the 38s were retired.

I can also relate - when I was in New York, I wanted to ride as many R32s as possible, because the R46s will still be around for a while while the R32s... err, not. I counted like 6-7 R32 trains in my 3 days there and rode 4, all of which were crowded and preventing me from getting interior shots. :(

I don't think the R46s are particularly bad or anything, but they're nothing special and to me, the older the stock, the better. :P

TODAY IS NOT THE LAST DAY OF THE R32's being on the (A), THERE is NO SET DATE FOR THEM TO GO BACK TO NORMAL, eventhough this weekend would make sense but i doubt it,

They Run the R46's to death and guess what let em, then when their MDBF fails then they would point the finger at the R46's, they run like complete shit on the (A) now, they used to run good on the (A) until last year, they are starting to have way more issues than the Jamaica R46's and I agree they need it to go back to normal already

Yeah, i'm with you guys. I went to the city three times over the summer, and I think I got an R32 (A) once. And TBH, that pissed me off, because I grew up on the (A)/©, so i'm used to seeing those (A)/© RFW's and I haven't been getting RFW's on either of them. Although I did see an R42 (A) while waiting for the (C).

there out there its just you have to wait, last year was way better since it was easy to cacth one, blame the passengers and crew for the way they run this year, people just can't stop bicthing about em, thats why the R46's run like crap now, you see about 2-4 R32's running the overnight sometimes

Caught three R32 (A)'s last week. This week, never caught a single of my dear old man. All I saw was R46s on MY DIRECTION while the R32s pick up passengers on the other side. This Friday, saw two Lefferts R32s. Waited for the first set I saw but what came out of was just the same, same R46s I get so many times. I've waited and waited, passed up three R46 (A)'s, but never the R32 train came. Oh well...I just couldn't wait for so long since I had to get to school/home...

I do look forward to seeing the (C) with the R179s though.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Caught three R32 (A)'s last week. This week, never caught a single of my dear old man. All I saw was R46s on MY DIRECTION while the R32s pick up passengers on the other side. This Friday, saw two Lefferts R32s. Waited for the first set I saw but what came out of was just the same, same R46s I get so many times. I've waited and waited, passed up three R46 (A)'s, but never the R32 train came. Oh well...I just couldn't wait for so long since I had to get to school/home...

I do look forward to seeing the (C) with the R179s though.

It was even worse when looking for the R42 train. I really wanted a picture of one of those lovable rust buckets, but I guess I'll have to wait. -_-

It was even worse when looking for the R42 train. I really wanted a picture of one of those lovable rust buckets, but I guess I'll have to wait. -_-

Only a pair of R42 trainsets on the (A) along with 14/22 trainsets of R32 trainsets...R42s I saw but on the other direction.

I heard from Daniel that yesterday that the R42 got transferred back to ENY...

Yesterday around 1 pm I caught the R42 going up to 207 st (rollsigns to Far Rock), the train went OOS at 207 street then back to the yard (saw it go into yard), which means I caught the last run of it.

What I find interesting is that Friday night that same train was going to Lefferts, so apparently that R42 was running all night. Those R46 must be crapping out bad...