Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait wait wait. That photo of the R32 SMS Is fake. It was basically photoshop by someone else. Because NYtransit posted that same exact photo with the regular R32 interior. So basically it you guys been fooled by someone stupid. Whoever fix that photo didn't fool me:mad:

By someone stupid? I'm sorry to say this but that person has more talent then you with a computer then you ever will..

it wasnt made to fool anyone, I was bored this afternoon so I wanted to see what a 32 interior would look like, came across the first 32 interior shot i could find becasue i never took one,
Hows about doing this to a 42 interior? (If they did this, both car types would have gone full circle to nearly their original interior schemes).

I did and they still thought it was real, then proceeded to have a huge flame war over the authenticity of the photo.

Yeah on Facebook some Moron threaten me for No damn reason and said i should die all because I said that this will happen for real and i knew it was fake because They didn't even finish the pair thats at CI ,like I said before you did an fantastic job and I give you credit for that

@ IND man I heard the same and yeah they Might stay longer than 2017 since the (MTA) is playing cat and Mouse with the R179 order

R32 fans should be thanking the R44s for keeping the R32 around longer. That along with the R42s. Things could of gone very differently. It could of been the R44s being the oldest subway cars and not the R32s.

To be Honest the R44's were always in bad shape the only good thing about them was that they were reliable, the TA knew about the Frame Issues long before they made the clear to retire them to this day the (MTA) is still slapping itself in the face for the retirement of the Phase II R32's due to the fact they still have to deal with R42 equipment, the whole replacement process was a mess if anything the R40M's were the Best performing out of All and it was very stupid to get rid of them instead of the R42's, thats why the MTA called the R44's lemons not because of the brake downs st louis did a horrible job building those cars as well as the R36WF cars, The R44's would have been long gone but they didn't want to get rid of them until someone saw that they had very Bad Frame Issues I just Knew the R44's were gonna go i rode them and they were rocking like they were gonna fall off their trucks, a lot of people like them because of sound not because of there looks it may have sounded good but that subway car was a complete piece of Junk

To be Honest the R44's were always in bad shape the only good thing about them was that they were reliable, the TA knew about the Frame Issues long before they made the clear to retire them to this day the (MTA) is still slapping itself in the face for the retirement of the Phase II R32's due to the fact they still have to deal with R42 equipment, the whole replacement process was a mess if anything the R40M's were the Best performing out of All and it was very stupid to get rid of them instead of the R42's, thats why the MTA called the R44's lemons not because of the brake downs st louis did a horrible job building those cars as well as the R36WF cars, The R44's would have been long gone but they didn't want to get rid of them until someone saw that they had very Bad Frame Issues I just Knew the R44's were gonna go i rode them and they were rocking like they were gonna fall off their trucks, a lot of people like them because of sound not because of there looks it may have sounded good but that subway car was a complete piece of Junk

I never had fond memories of the R44s either, they were always dimly lit and the floor would rattle and squeal

as of when? I was on the (J) on the 4th, on the R42 set, saw another set at 111 St parked there, and saw 3 other sets laying up in East New York yard.

I saw a set being sent down there, but I forgot their number, but I remember that it began with 47, but the other 2 numbers are blank, because I forgot them.

and now here is the R42, the photo is mine this time, took it at Chambers St.

IMG_8650NTT.png

Nice. But I forgot about the stainless steel walls. That creates a lot less blue surface. (I guess the 40's are what would have been better, though they're completely gone now).

Still look better than the present dingy yellow beige. (a holdover from that new scheme that replaced the original blue).

For that matter, I would like to see 68's get the blue treatment. That would fit a lot better than for the 46's, where the orange seats fit in with the brown faux-wood scheme (along with the tan, and what inspired the scheme painted into the other cars)