Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. (C) train riders are used to the R32's cuz quite frankly these cars NEVER left the (C) this summer. So losing the R160's will barely be noticed... Until a month or two later.

You'd be surprise. When those 160's hit the (C) those riders went nuts. They were posting it on instagram and everything. They were so happy when those 160's popped up at their stops.

How, the cars constantly gets swapped, this is a swap thread, don't like it, don't bother responding, the R42s are just about on their last legs

You'd be surprise. When those 160's hit the (C) those riders went nuts. They were posting it on instagram and everything. They were so happy when those 160's popped up at their stops.

They mind as well keep em on there, plus 207th is really treating the R32s like shit, that's how I know they want those R160s

How, the cars constantly gets swapped, this is a swap thread, don't like it, don't bother responding, the R42s are just about on their last legs

They mind as well keep em on there, plus 207th is really treating the R32s like shit, that's how I know they want those R160s

Yep. 207 Street yard are running those R160's like crazy on the (C). Barely any R32's come out on the (C) and I noticed that since late last month.

It is pretty obvious that the (C) riders are happy with their R160s and the (J) and (Z) riders are happy with their R32s and R42s with the occasional r160s , the (MTA) should just prep 207st yard to be able to maintain the R160s now because they eventually have to do it for the R179s and just leave the car assingments as they are now because there are no issues and everyone is happy here.

Edited by R62AR33

Can we chill with the theories about the riders? Here's the gist, people like new trains. I've heard complaints from J/Z riders about the influx of R32s, and complaints from C riders about their R32s. Wherever the trains go they will be met by complaints, so trying to justify it one way or another is pointless.

Can we chill with the theories about the riders? Here's the gist, people like new trains. I've heard complaints from J/Z riders about the influx of R32s, and complaints from C riders about their R32s. Wherever the trains go they will be met by complaints, so trying to justify it one way or another is pointless.

I was just about to say that, one day I was on an R32 J at 11pm at night and this lady wouldn't STFU and stop complaining about the train, it got to the point where I had her to tell her to be quiet, but at the end of the day a train is a train, very few J riders complain though but you have complainers everywhere

Dude, I think someone missed you point.

I was just about to say that, one day I was on an R32 J at 11pm at night and this lady wouldn't STFU and stop complaining about the train, it got to the point where I had her to tell her to be quiet, but at the end of the day a train is a train, very few J riders complain though but you have complainers everywhere

If you're enjoying the car class then good for you, but don't get offended over the opinion of someone else. So what if they don't like the R32's? As long as you enjoy them I'd say that's what matters.

Shit, some days it's hell to tolerate old equipment in my opinion, but to each their own.

If you're enjoying the car class then good for you, but don't get offended over the opinion of someone else. So what if they don't like the R32's? As long as you enjoy them I'd say that's what matters.

Shit, some days it's hell to tolerate old equipment in my opinion, but to each their own.

It does get annoying when someone is constantly complaining about something, especially if they know they can't do anything about it, or nothing will be done about it in the near future. 

Now if she made one quick comment about not liking the train, there's no reason to yell at her. But as he explained it, it seemed like she kept going on and on, yelling about it for 10 minutes (Which i've seen people complain like that).

So let someone bitch about something in your f**king ear while your coming home from working 12 hours at 11 at night about a damn train for half of the whole way, you'll tell em to STFU as well, it has nothing to do with me enjoying the damn train, I simply couldn't take it no more

It does get annoying when someone is constantly complaining about something, especially if they know they can't do anything about it, or nothing will be done about it in the near future. 

That's precisely the opportunity people use to complain even more about said subject matter. People are never so enthusiastic to complain as they are when they are dealing with a subject matter they won't be able to affect in the slightest.

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

Oh boy...

Agreed, hence my point earlier.

Now if she made one quick comment about not liking the train, there's no reason to yell at her. But as he explained it, it seemed like she kept going on and on, yelling about it for 10 minutes (Which i've seen people complain like that).

I couldn't fathom that amount of bitching for something that ridiculous, but then again I've never seen such behavior.

So let someone bitch about something in your f**king ear while your coming home from working 12 hours at 11 at night about a damn train for half of the whole way, you'll tell em to STFU as well, it has nothing to do with me enjoying the damn train, I simply couldn't take it no more

Fair enough. At any rate though I've learned to tune people out while on public transit over the years. Have so many f**king problems and some lady bitching about equipment isn't one of them.

Edited by Turbo19

As much as I hear you 100% concerning some in itself, who feel they are more entitled as the next one over what newest fleet runs on the line they regularly commute on (Everyone pays the same base fare and there are no special privileges here) that the MTA royally f**ked up with the inspector's underassessment of the condition of the MTA Subways R44's in the first place resulting in the current displacement of cars that we are seeing to begin with don't you?

You act like the MTA got the situation down pat to a tee when really we are behind other metropolitan transit systems in terms of deferred maintenance, some for reasons understandable as we are not dealing with a lightly traveled modernized system, but other reasons goes all the way up to the mismanagement of funds in Albany itself! Scream at them!

As much as I hear you 100% concerning some in itself, who feel they are more entitled as the next one over what newest fleet runs on the line they regularly commute on (Everyone pays the same base fare and there are no special privileges here) that the MTA royally f**ked up with the inspector's underassessment of the condition of the MTA Subways R44's in the first place resulting in the current displacement of cars that we are seeing to begin with don't you?

You act like the MTA got the situation down pat to a tee when really we are behind other metropolitan transit systems in terms of deferred maintenance, some for reasons understandable as we are not dealing with a lightly traveled modernized system, but other reasons goes all the way up to the mismanagement of funds in Albany itself! Scream at them!

Tell that to the people in southeast Queens who thought they deserved the 160s on the (E) first...

Like I have been saying all this time don't be shocked if the Car assignments stay as how they are we passed labor day and most people speculated the assignments would be back to how they were. R32s are still on the (J) and (Z) with R160s on the (C) do NOT be shocked once again if R32s stay where they are , it seems like the (MTA) have had a change of heart and are keeping everything as they are because everything is running smooth and the last thing they want is complaints from the (C) riders saying they took the NTTs away.

Edited by R62AR33

Like I have been saying all this time don't be shocked if the Car assignments stay as how they are we passed labor day and most people speculated the assignments would be back to how they were. R32s are still on the (J) and (Z) with R160s on the (C) do NOT be shocked once again if R32s stay where they are , it seems like the (MTA) have had a change of heart and are keeping everything as they are because everything is running smooth and the last thing they want is complaints from the (C) riders saying they took the NTTs away.

The (MTA) couldn't care a cent about the riders and railbuff's opinion over an old or new train. (C) riders can bitch all they want, still not going to stop the R32s from replacing the R160s on their line. And the reason why the swap is still ongoing is because it is still hot through much of September and also October. And unless 207th Street is set up to maintain the R160s, I don't see why should they be transferring those cars back and fourth unnecessarily when the second option is actually the better one. And I know you are going to say something like "Oh but remember they can still watch the R160s at 207th Street" so please don't bother saying it because that doesn't justify the issue about making repairs and scheduled inspections at a shop the car equipments are normally assigned to. That only shows you trying to back up the (C) riders who dislike the R32s.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

The (MTA) couldn't care a cent about the riders and railbuff's opinion over an old or new train. (C) riders can bitch all they want, still not going to stop the R32s from replacing the R160s on their line. And the reason why the swap is still ongoing is because it is still hot through much of September and also October. And unless 207th Street is set up to maintain the R160s, I don't see why should they be transferring those cars back and fourth unnecessarily when the second option is actually the better one. And I know you are going to say something like "Oh but remember they can still watch the R160s at 207th Street" so please don't bother saying it because that doesn't justify the issue about making repairs and scheduled inspections at a shop the car equipments are normally assigned to. That only shows you trying to back up the (C) riders who dislike the R32s.

I could kiss you right now...

Trust me the (MTA) gives a shit, the people bicthed, the R32s were slowly taken off the (E) starting in 2008, June 2009 they were all off the (E), in the beginning of 2007 they took the R32s off the (N) and so called banned them and threw em on the (B) until June 2007, politics if in a strong area can bitch and the mta listens, if the mta didn't care about people the CI lines wouldn't have gotten the R160s first, both the C/J lines don't have that strong political push, but the C riders from CPW/ Fulton will bitch, the deadline date was labor day but it was extended, like I said if these cars stay on the (J) pass September then something is up

And if they did decide to trade and make the (C) 100% R160's, kiss the R42s goodbye, like I said in another thread, the C wouldn't need 222 R160's, the C all together needs 180 R160s, there's 222 cars of R32s less than 180 would be needed plus ENY would still have R160s leftover so ENY wouldn't need a large spare factor of R32s, this plan could easily wipe out the R42s

The replacement of the 32s with the new 160s surely had nothing to do with the fact that those two lines were the busiest lines with the oldest equipment in service. It was all politicking to appease riders and city councilmen. *rolls eyes* The idea was to retire the 32s along with everything else below the 44s. The 160s entered service on lines the MTA felt needed them first according to passenger levels, not based on what riders would say. That's why the N and E received them first. The F and Q followed right behind them as more cars were delivered.

The car assignments are based on meeting the service demands of a particular line, not pleasing every Tom, Dick and Harry who happen to ride the train. Making the C 100 percent 160s does absolutely nothing towards that goal. All that does is create a nuisance because the cars have to be swapped on a regular basis for general maintenance since 207th Street still can't do anything with them. They'd basically be glorified car sitters while East New York has to deal with more cars unless those 32s were sent back and forth to 207th for maintenance. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, but it sounds like way too much work for very little payoff. The 32s are going to have problems wherever they go