Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

1 hour ago, m2fwannabe said:

R-160A-1's 8609-12, 8621-24, 9947-50, 9963-66 207 back to ENY.  Still one train on (C).

MK R-42's still on (J) and (Z).

ENY now all-time high at 718 cars (!)  Where are they hiding them all?

There's still R179's oos, so that's the reason why they still have R42's. But that'll change soon. If the R179 issue didn't happen, the R42's would have been transferred already.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

They store trains on the unused tracks between Bowery and Canal.

I wonder if they are still avoiding laying up tech trains at 111th street. They didn't want Tech trains layed up there cause of fear of graffiti artists tagging them.

@Jemorie It's common to see 1 - 2 sets in service off peak.

Meanwhile they Store trains between Bowery And Canal Street where the Cars get more bombed up. 

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

They store trains on the unused tracks between Bowery and Canal.

I wonder if they are still avoiding laying up tech trains at 111th street. They didn't want Tech trains layed up there cause of fear of graffiti artists tagging them.

@Jemorie It's common to see 1 - 2 sets in service off peak.

They have kept R42s there.

23 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Do you know if any 32s ran on the (A) this week?

R32’s run on the (A) line daily. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, trainfan22 said:

It’s rare to see an NTT on that layup track. I saw a 179 on the layup this past Monday morning when I was on my way to school. Kinda caught me by surprise.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, R32 3838 said:

There's still R179's oos, so that's the reason why they still have R42's. But that'll change soon. If the R179 issue didn't happen, the R42's would have been transferred already.

The R179’s are back in action. The A and C dispatchers are keeping the (C) 480 ft. And the (A) with 2-3 R32 sets

58 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

There’s an 8 car R42 set headed somewhere that passed through Marcy a short time ago. My friend saw it. 

Might be 207th or pitkin

Or

Broad st, they usually send a train to broad st for lay up for the next day

Edited by R32 3838

13 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Might be 207th or pitkin

Or

Broad st, they usually send a train to broad st for lay up for the next day

If it's going to the (A) then it's obviously gonna be a ten car train. In this case if it's eight cars then it's an obvious giveaway it's not heading to 207 St.

It's most likely the latter IMO...

Edited by Coney Island Av

1 hour ago, Coney Island Av said:

If it's going to the (A) then it's obviously gonna be a ten car train. In this case if it's eight cars then it's an obvious giveaway it's not heading to 207 St.

It's most likely the latter IMO...

They can transfer 8 cars at a time, it was done before. The R32's got transferred in 8 car consists.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

This is proof that they're not going to the (B)

You foamers got suckered lmao

Oh really, knocking at the foamers.... I do recall you said this just last Sunday!

The R32's aren't going to the (B), the R42's are

Hopefully you know Im just joking, its not just foamers that assume this after all, but in reality, I cannot wait to see the R42s on the (A) again as I havent seen it for years!

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

1 hour ago, Enjineer said:

The (A) is going to have quite the variety of cars! R32s, 42s, 46s, and 179s! 

Nothing new. It’s happened before... R46, R40M, R40 Slants, R32, R38, and R42’s all ran in passenger service on the (A) in 2008-2009

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I just got off an 42 Z train, rode from Broad to Broadway Junction... that was the only 42 set I saw, that very well may have been my last ride ever on a 42 (J) train😓

There were three R-42 sets (24 cars) in the cycle for the (J)(Z) yesterday and today.  Don't know which one you saw.

An educated guess would be that more R-42's can be transferred any time now, but ENY is clearly using them as a "crutch" against NTT unavailability.

The R-160 fleet at 207 Street for (C) stands at 20, but there's still just one 8-car consist out there, with the one same old lone R-179 and LOTS of R-32's.  No R-46's at all right now on (C).

On 1/18/2019 at 8:11 AM, m2fwannabe said:

It is now official:

MK R-42s 4802/03-4791/90-4808/09-4834/35 arrived at Pitkin Yard early on January 18.

Laid up for inspection prior to (A) service until the next batch can make at least one 10-car train. 

Their "last" stop.  Here we go!....

Well, it's NOT official:

I am informed that the above move was strictly for storage purposes because of a lack of parking space at the East New York facility or on the entire "Eastern Division."

Again, there are 718 cars currently assigned, an all-time high by far.  "No decision" yet on future assignments for the MK R-42's, but they operationally healthy and are not being retired at this time.

Oh, well! :blink:

13 minutes ago, m2fwannabe said:

Well, it's NOT official:

I am informed that the above move was strictly for storage purposes because of a lack of parking space at the East New York facility or on the entire "Eastern Division."

Again, there are 718 cars currently assigned, an all-time high by far.  "No decision" yet on future assignments for the MK R-42's, but they operationally healthy and are not being retired at this time.

Oh, well! :blink:

This is what I've heard...

Edited by RR503

On 1/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, R32 3838 said:

This is proof that they're [the R42s] not going to the (B).

You foamers got suckered lmao

But in all reality it was actually a plan but likely got shot down. 

The R42s have NOT been officially assigned to the 207th Street Yard. I don't know why there are all these members on here getting all hyped in believing they'll be taking pictures and videos of R42s on the (A) or (C). Thankfully my intuition on this topic remains as it always has, not failing me.

Edited by AlgorithmOfTruth