Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

Stop acting like there are no official plans. This has nothing to do with my personal preferences. If that were the case I would say that the (E) would completely run on R32s. These are based on facts, and they are directly from the source, in fact multiple. Of course it could change. If the completion of the R179 order is delayed to 2019 then of course there will likely still be R32s on the (A). They come up with plans for all types of scenarios, and they know that there will be problems if the R179s aren't in before Canarsie. These plans have been in the works for a while. I would trust them.

He always says "It's not 100% and it can change", but when he gets his sources he dickrides them to the very end. He's been burned like that in the past.

"It's not 100% and this can change" is absolutely true. Everyone knows it. But I'd rather listen to a trusted source that works in Car Assignments (and thus is much closer to official info) telling me that.

Then you have Bill saying foamers want the R32s on the (B) because it's what they want to hear, which is BS.

...I want them on the (N)   :D .        But seriously, it's an irrelevant objection. Every foamer would like to see those old tin cans on their favorite line.

Then you have Daniel upvoting every single one of their posts because he doesn't like a certain someone.

Number 1 i don't dick ride no one and 2 alot of you fans always jump to one person for info and when they were proven wrong you guys look stupid. 

Don't start with me because alot of you fans have skeletons in ya'll closet.

Most of you fans are dickriders and thats a fact. 

You guys keep bringing up the R32 (B) and (G) daily instead of waiting and seeing. If it happens it happens

Edited by R32 3838

7 minutes ago, RR503 said:

How is it that every discussion on this site turns into an ad-hominemy food fight....

Simple.

Certain posters take things very seriously. About a month ago on Facebook, someone posted a photo of a Franklin Shuttle train running down the Brighton line, heading either to or from the yard.

The caption said "A little lost".

Because you know, hahaha. That's the joke.

But nope, Bill gotta come through and say "Not really. Just a maintenance related movement between PPk and CIYD".

Joke went right over his head.

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

He always says "It's not 100% and it can change", but when he gets his sources he dickrides them to the very end. He's been burned like that in the past.

"It's not 100% and this can change" is absolutely true. Everyone knows it. But I'd rather listen to a trusted source that works in Car Assignments (and thus is much closer to official info) telling me that.

Then you have Bill saying foamers want the R32s on the (B) because it's what they want to hear, which is BS.

...I want them on the (N)   :D .        But seriously, it's an irrelevant objection. Every foamer would like to see those old tin cans on their favorite line.

Then you have Daniel upvoting every single one of their posts because he doesn't like a certain someone.

Lol agreed, especially the last part about Daniel

39 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Number 1 i don't dick ride no one and 2 alot of you fans always jump to one person for info and when they were proven wrong you guys look stupid. 

You guys keep bringing up the R32 (B) and (G) daily instead of waiting and seeing. If it happens it happens

Cool your titties off bro lol it's not that serious

Edited by Jemorie

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Facts, we can make predictions all we want but until it actually happens then we won't know.

Though I still think that the (A) is the most logical option in my opinion

2 hours ago, RR503 said:

How is it that every discussion on this site turns into an ad-hominemy food fight....

I have no clue, did 'ya see what happened to my Rockaway Beach Branch Thread?

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

Simple.

Certain posters take things very seriously. About a month ago on Facebook, someone posted a photo of a Franklin Shuttle train running down the Brighton line, heading either to or from the yard.

But nope, Bill gotta come through and say "Not really. Just a maintenance related movement between PPk and CIYD".

(CLAPPING VERY LOUDLY)

2 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

This thread in a nutshell

1 hour ago, D to 96 St said:

Looks like someone's a bit salty... :lol: :lol: :lol:

orbq7.gif

I agree

7 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

Simple.

What are you so butt hurt when I mentioned about the maintenance move?  The joke did not go over my head and everybody familiar with NY operations knew what it was.  I certainly did not take that "very seriously".  So why did I mention it?  Because people around the world are looking at that picture and it was to explain to them why the cars were out of place!  Some people really needed to know why Franklin Shuttle cars were on the Brighton Line.  If one is not familiar with our system, or trying to learn about it, they need to know.  I don't want them to think there is a maintenance barn at Prospect Pk. or Franklin Ave.

On 12/24/2017 at 12:13 PM, FlushingExpress said:

More like they are too fat for the R32s, from my own experience, especially along Liberty Avenue, which is why the (A)(C) would be 100% 75 footers today if the R160s retired the remaining R32s and R42s as planned.

R68/68As are staying on the (B). No way the chubby chicks would run on the Broadway Lines again due to the roll-sign issues at Astoria, lack of 96th Street signs, and the fact they cannot handle the heavy loads along 2nd Avenue (same reason why the R46s will never run on the (E) again)

More like it is obvious the swap is NOT happening based on several factors:

- Jamaica having less R160s than it did in 2011, having sent over 100 of them to Coney Island in the past 6 1/2 years for the (G)'s transfer and (W) restoration

- CBTC on Queens Boulevard not being ready until at least 2024-2025, when there will be enough R211s in service to retire simply Jamaica's R46s,

- NYCT not wanting the yards to maintain more than two different car types,

- (N)(W) riders loving the R160s so much, they were bash the MTA if they see fat old junks in their place,

- R46s not being allowed to make frequent, regular runs on Brighton due to persistent noise complaints from nearby residents). When I went to get a video of that one R46 morning (Q) train, I noticed it was considerably louder than the R68/68As and R160s and caused more vibrations. Heck, I can even hear it from my home every morning and I live about five blocks from the line. 

The reason the TA plans to retrofit almost all R160s with CBTC (which has not even happened yet despite their plans to start in early 2015) is in case of the unfortunate event of an (N)(Q) or (W) train being rerouted to Queens Boulevard. Max Diamond posted a video last week of a (Q) going there due to an incident at 2nd Avenue and someone posted a video a few years of ago of an (N) going to Forest Hills due to an incident at Astoria. The same logic is being used as to why R32s will not go on the (B). 

I agree the overweight R68/68As suck on the (B) to the point where the (Q) goes faster in Brooklyn, but they will be stuck where they are until their retirement.

Some people prefer the new trains regardless of length 

Don’t try to make up false claims when there is evidence such as pictures and official documents to prove that your wrong. You are bullshitting yourself

I wonder if the 42s and some of the 32s will be put in storage until the (L) line shutdown starts. Once the (J) has enough 179s to not need the 32s anymore I can't see where these cars will run in the meantime.

I would imagine the TA wouldn't want to make the (G) full length this early cause they don't want have to use C/R on the weekends longer than necessary.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:38 PM, j express said:

Don’t try to make up false claims when there is evidence such as pictures and official documents to prove that your wrong. You are bullshitting yourself

I agree the fat a** R68/As suck so much, they're really slow on the (D) as well and I dislike when they're on the (N) because then 4th Ave is slow as hell!! 

In all honesty I think the 68s are much louder than the 46s. Since I live in between the (D)(N) & (F) trains in Brooklyn. I live the furthest from the (D) but I can still hear the 68s roar from my house. The 160s are quiet and the 46s I can barely hear although the express tracks on the Culver are extremely loud especially at night.

Edit: my bad this was in reference to the comment you were responding to.. just my thoughts on the 68s.

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn
Response to wrong person.

6 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

I agree the fat a** R68/As suck so much, they're really slow on the (D) as well and I dislike when they're on the (N) because then 4th Ave is slow as hell!! 

In all honesty I think the 68s are much louder than the 46s. Since I live in between the (D)(N) & (F) trains in Brooklyn. I live the furthest from the (D) but I can still hear the 68s roar from my house. The 160s are quiet and the 46s I can barely hear although the express tracks on the Culver are extremely loud especially at night.

Edit: my bad this was in reference to the comment you were responding to.. just my thoughts on the 68s.

To be fair, this statement is sorta childish. A full 600 feet long 10-car R160 train weights more a full 600 feet long 8-car R46 or R68/A train. So the R160s are actually the true "fattest" (using your term) cars.

5 hours ago, Jemorie said:

To be fair, this statement is sorta childish. A full 600 feet long 10-car R160 train weights more a full 600 feet long 8-car R46 or R68/A train. So the R160s are actually the true "fattest" (using your term) cars.

Then explain why the R68s cant push weight as fast as the 160s?.. You can have a local R160 (R) train running down 4th Ave going faster than an R68 (D) express train..

Actually I just checked: R68 car is 92,720 vs. R160 car is 85,200 lbs.. So you're wrong the 68s are heavy.

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn

21 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Then explain why the R68s cant push weight as fast as the 160s?.. You can have a local R160 (R) train running down 4th Ave going faster than an R68 (D) express train..

Actually I just checked: R68 car is 92,720 vs. R160 car is 85,200 lbs.. So you're wrong the 68s are heavy.

All NTTs go faster than the SMEEs (specifically when leaving a station on separate tracks) because the NTTs are younger than the SMEEs, helllooooo. Common sense. The SMEEs also no longer have their field shunting partly due to the numerous accidents back then, so they pretty much lost their get up and go as a whole. Though the NTTs don't seem to perform well when they get up to 40-50+ mph likely because they're programmed not to. The SMEEs perform better in that regard.

Yeah, individually, an R68 car is heavier than an R160 car. But in terms of train length (mind you, not car length), the R160s are the true heaviest.

Edited by Jemorie