Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/1/2018 at 2:16 PM, Dj Hammers said:

Just checked where that car is, and you’re right. 

That pair was supposed to be transferred over, but the move was canceled.

3360-3361 is on the (J) now. I’m guessing some of 207th’s R32’s were transferred back to East New York. 

11 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

An R32 broke down on the (J) just now.. saw it stuck between Broadway Junction and Alabama Ave... The service advisory confirmed it, some (J) trains are terminating at Myrtle or BJ.

This comes as no surprise. East New York runs the hell out of those cars. 

People are saying they (R32) should go on the (G), but the MTA wants them on mostly elevated lines like the (J)(Z)(A) . I guess if the R211s are not delayed by like 5 years (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) then the recent fleet swaps are the last ones.

Then again, 1,612 cars in 2 years with their contract coming out only 3 months ago, and none in building process, the 32's could have 1-2 more fleet swaps, and probably a 60th year.

15 hours ago, VIP said:

This comes as no surprise. East New York runs the hell out of those cars. 

They're 54 years old. It's almost a guarantee something's going to fail on them at that age.

14 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

Welp, Looks like we need another GOH

They don't do overhauls any more. Scheduled maintenance works fine as the cars aren't in the same decrepit conditions they were in the '80s.

On 4/3/2018 at 8:21 PM, Jemorie said:
On 4/3/2018 at 8:10 PM, R32 3838 said:

This is because of those 3 R179's being oos. They needed a train back to make up for service

That in addition to some other R32s being back on the (C) despite the 5 R46's still assigned to it.

The Phase I's can bounce back and forth for any number of reasons between 207 (A)(C) and ENY (J)(Z), but Car Desk at each facility keeps track of the official assignments.

The last listing I got was for December 2017 and it already had 3426/27 at ENY.

4 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

The Phase I's can bounce back and forth for any number of reasons between 207 (A)(C) and ENY (J)(Z), but Car Desk at each facility keeps track of the official assignments.

And? 

7 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

The Phase I's can bounce back and forth for any number of reasons between 207  and ENY , but Car Desk at each facility keeps track of the official assignments.

And? 

A procedural observation.

On 4/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, R32 3838 said:

3426/27 207th to ENY, its on the (Z)

The above claim 3426/27 was just moved.  It might have already been at ENY.

They can wander back & forth depending on which shop cause is required.  207 is the full service facility of the two.

Only the lists from each Car Desk show which R-32's are assigned to which facilities (assuming its up to date).

True fleet changes are also accompanied by a "Memorandum of Transfer," signed by superintendence.

Point is, cars are "used" on both sides often, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are "assigned" unless the paperwork follows them.

3426/ENYand 8 other cars were moved from ENY in January of 2017 to 207th st to replace 2 R46 trainsets that were sent to Jamaica. 3360/61/3426/7 along with 4-6 more R32's were sent back to eny until the r179 issue was resolved. 

ENY and 207th hasn't rotated R32's since 2015. 

9 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

3426/ENYand 8 other cars were moved from ENY in January of 2017 to 207th st to replace 2 R46 trainsets that were sent to Jamaica. 3360/61/3426/7 along with 4-6 more R32's were sent back to eny until the r179 issue was resolved. 

ENY and 207th hasn't rotated R32's since 2015. 

OK.  So noted.

20 minutes ago, thicctrain said:

They say there are only 2 R32 sets on the (C) but as of late there are way more, because seeing one while riding the other would be rare. Can't confirm but seems like it, the Wikipedia page doesn't update immediately.  

Wikipedia only updates based on official confirmations from actual (MTA) sources, not from seeing stuff with your eyes and not with photos nor videos either. For example, Joe Korner is a retired (MTA) employee and he has his own website that indicates the entire subway's rolling stock current assignments.

48 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Wikipedia only updates based on official confirmations from actual (MTA) sources, not from seeing stuff with your eyes and not with photos nor videos either. For example, Joe Korner is a retired (MTA) employee and he has his own website that indicates the entire subway's rolling stock current assignments.

What's the name of that website

On 4/8/2018 at 7:32 PM, Jemorie said:

So that's why the wiki sucked