Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Calvin said:

There's at least 2 R32s left on the (J) . Most of them are on the (A). Question is: will we see another summer swap on another line involving a/c on the cars?

Ahh end of a short Era, the (J) has housed R32’s since 2013. And That’s a good question, I think if the agency doesn’t transfer them to Coney Island, they’re going to stay on the (A)  and get beat up the way the (E) did back in 2003-2008. (A) riders are just gonna have to thug it out this upcoming summer.

Edited by VIP

5 hours ago, VIP said:

Ahh end of a short Era, the (J) has housed R32’s since 2013. And That’s a good question, I think if the agency doesn’t transfer them to Coney Island, they’re going to stay on the (A)  and get beat up the way the (E) did back in 2003-2008. (A) riders are just gonna have to thug it out this upcoming summer.

Half the fleet will be on the (G)

The other half will stay on the (A)(C) lines

1 hour ago, j express said:

There are still 12 cars of R32s left at ENY but I don’t think they will be around for long at ENY

I have 14 at ENY:  3454/55, 3628/3669, 3670/71, 3774/75, 3778/79, 3856/57 and 3938/39.

Evidently the last (J) consist, through last Thursday or Friday, was N-3780/81-3717/16-3698/99-3578/79-S.

I liked 32s on the (J) and enjoyed riding them on that line, but I'm happy they finally all got pushed out of ENY. Only because that means the 42s are next to get pushed out and I'm curious as to where they end up, Rock Park rush hour specials would be the perfect place for them. I'd love for them to go to the (B) or (Q) but contractors just had to screw up the Montague tunnels measurements...

27 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

For what it's worth their was two sets of 42s in service on the (J) today..

I happened to catch one of them earlier. There’s always a set or two that runs randomly, not just during the rush as most railfans would think.

Edited by S78 via Hylan