Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

21 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

The personnel at certain yards don't preform a lasting job on their fleets. When it comes to the A Division, Jerome Yard is known for keeping their equipment clean and in optimal-working condition. Their R142s/R142A's are shiny clean and are taken seriously from a maintenance standpoint.

You are incorrect sir, it’s Corona who’s got the clean record for maintenance and inspections. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, m2fwannabe said:

Something new to watch for:

As R-179's 3238-3247 entered (A) service yesterday (May 22), R-46's 5846-5853 were shifted from Pitkin (A) to Jamaica (F)(R).

Are there more R160s that need to have CBTC equipment installed? This could make up for more sets that need to go out of service.

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

Are there more R160s that need to have CBTC equipment installed? This could make up for more sets that need to go out of service.

I think this is just to increase the spare factor or to move an R160 to CI yard to push out an R68 back to concourse that they lost in 2016. My guess is the 2nd part. 

I think most of the R160's been upgraded to cbtc. 

But I knew the R32's weren't leaving 207th. 

Edited by R32 3838

7 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

I think most of the R160's been upgraded to cbtc. 

"Upgrade" is suggestive at this point.  Some hardware maybe but fully operational, no.  CBTC system configuration is still evolving and will probably take many more year before fully complete.

They still can't get the (7) to behave properly on full auto-pilot.

It COULD explain import of the train from 207, however.  Looking into it.

9 hours ago, Union Tpke said:
9 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

Something new to watch for:

As R-179's 3238-3247 entered (A) service yesterday (May 22), R-46's 5846-5853 were shifted from Pitkin (A) to Jamaica (F)(R).

Woid is there will be six trains moving to Jamaica as new R-179's are accepted for (A).  If so, that would be 5846-5893.  Let's see how it plays out.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:38 AM, VIP said:

You are incorrect sir, it’s Corona who’s got the clean record for maintenance and inspections. 

No. Corona Yard has the youngest fleet in the entire A Division. It's obvious that their equipment will appear cleaner... Not only that, but those subway cars don't see the same kind of mileage as the R142s/R142A's used on the (4), so they will wear and tear at a slower rate... Even when the (7) had R62A's, there was nothing special about them so pipe down... They were still beat up and prone to mechanical failures like any other fleet their age...

12 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

No. Corona Yard has the youngest fleet in the entire A Division. It's obvious that their equipment will appear cleaner... Not only that, but those subway cars don't see the same kind of mileage as the R142s/R142A's used on the (4), so they will wear and tear at a slower rate... Even when the (7) had R62A's, there was nothing special about them so pipe down... They were still beat up and prone to mechanical failures like any other fleet their age...

Take your own advice and pipe down, unless you work for RTO or in COR yd, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Especially that “youngest fleet” ridiculous observation. The (7) runs tighter headways and see way more ridership than the (4) and (6). You forgot that corona has Hand me down R142A’s that were massacred by Westchester Yd. 

28 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

The R62A's that were on the (7) preformed alot better than the ones on the (1).

Also when the converted sets started coming in in droves. They ran like dogshit. Corona fixed them up and now they run alot better. 

1 hour ago, VIP said:

Take your own advice and pipe down, unless you work for RTO or in COR yd, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Especially that “youngest fleet” ridiculous observation. The (7) runs tighter headways and see way more ridership than the (4) and (6). You forgot that corona has Hand me down R142A’s that were massacred by Westchester Yd. 

If you didn't agree with my initial post you could've ignored it and moved on, but no, you had to choose the low road and bicker about it. Next time don't bother responding to anyone you're in disagreement with if you're going to go infant on them. The maturity level of some on here is pathetic... SMH 

18 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

If you didn't agree with my initial post you could've ignored it and moved on, but no, you had to choose the low road and bicker about it. Next time don't bother responding to anyone you're in disagreement with if you're going to go infant on them. The maturity level of some on here is pathetic... SMH 

How you tell him to pipe down , but when he tell you to pipe down , you get tight ? Don’t talk crazy if you can’t handle the response 😂😂

Those 142As that went to the (7) have mechanical upgrades that the (4) line units have yet to receive, that's mainly why the converted sets MDBF is much higher.

Also all this talk of best IRT barn and no mention of E180th street shops!?!?

Edited by trainfan22

12 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Those 142As that went to the (7) have mechanical upgrades that the (4) line units have yet to receive, that's mainly why the converted sets MDBF is much higher.

Also all this talk of best IRT barn and no mention of E180th street shops!?!?

E180th does great work! 😛☺️