Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

The latest thing I am heaing is that they will NOT repaint the interiors of the cars because they want to save as much money as possible. Also, it seems that the first few cars are close to being done. With new windows and clean trucks, these cars look great.

damn, I was looking forward to the repainted interiors, i don't know why they want to be so cheap, 3806/7 and 3840/1 needs interior work badly, but I'm glad they are getting the work they need.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
damn, I was looking forward to the repainted interiors, i don't know why they want to be so cheap, 3806/7 and 3840/1 needs interior work badly, but I'm glad they are getting the work they need.

I'm sure that cars that need interior work will get the work done, but they will save money by only doing the work on cars that need it done.

I'm sure that cars that need interior work will get the work done, but they will save money by only doing the work on cars that need it done.

yep, at least they are fixing them up, R32's are one of the best R types that the TA has ever had along with the R1/9's and the R10's

One pair survives. 3594-3595 at Floyd Bennet Field. The R32GEs were the most unique cars I've ever layed eyes on. It sad they didn't continue service, but it is what it is.

I am just curious - what was so unique about the R32GE's. I have been a regular E train rider for years so I know the R32's quite well from the days when only R32's ran on the E line. Jam yard had about 400 R32's in its heyday so I am sure I have ridden the R32GE's.

I always liked the R/32's since the cars arrived in 1964 when I was in high school. I was sad as these cars replaced the great BMT Standards and the Triplexes on the Southern Division. Once I started rding them, I found the cars were fast and dependable, no matter what line I was riding. I rode them later on the Brighton Line and I always knew no matter what time it was it was 38 minutes from Sheepshead Bay to 34th Street. The once in a while run on the N or the Q over the years always was appreciated along with the early morning R from 59th Street to 86th Street. Now I ride the cars whenever I am on 8th Avenue and while the sounds are different, to me they will always be the R/32's.

I don't. I wish they were retired already. It's 2012!

I sort of agree here. I like the R32s and the old cars, but its not about what we want, its about making the riders feel happy and safe..

Plus so all these railfans can stop fighting over old vs new already. << This gets annoying!

I sort of agree here. I like the R32s and the old cars, but its not about what we want, its about making the riders feel happy and safe..

Plus so all these railfans can stop fighting over old vs new already. << This gets annoying!

That's the exact reason why I hate (not dislike, HATE) the R32s. A lot of people over-glorify/worship them like it was the best thing invented since sliced bread. I'm not gonna lie, at 1 point I did like them, but then everyone started talking, and talking, and talking about them to the point where I say scrap them all.

end rant lol

That's the exact reason why I hate (not dislike, HATE) the R32s. A lot of people over-glorify/worship them like it was the best thing invented since sliced bread. I'm not gonna lie, at 1 point I did like them, but then everyone started talking, and talking, and talking about them to the point where I say scrap them all.

end rant lol

NUOH MY GAWD The R32s are liek the bestest thing since sliced bread!!111!!one!1 HOW DARE you say scrap them! HOW ABOUT I SCRAP YOU!!1ONE1!!O HAIL THE ARR 32S DEATH TO THE 160s!!11!

(P.S.: This is sarcasm for those that would eventually take this seriously ;))

Even if they were you would still have old cars on the (A)/©. The R44s when they retired were already 39 years old. Had the R32s and R42s been retired the R44s would be in service until 2017 or even longer looking at the situation of the R179s. So it really doesn't matter what circumstances took place you would still have old trains on those two lines regardless.

I don't have problem with old cars, I just have a problem with really old cars that are still in the system, years past their 40-year life span. They're way out-dated; brand new full-length NTT's are in order.

Edited by m7zanr160s
punctuation