IND 8th Ave Line - Don't You Cee?!

realizm

If only the (A) could get another taste of those R160s lol. Nice pics.

Many thanks Brighton Express.

I did ride a R160 set via the A back in 2006 during its revenue tests conducted. I deliberately hunted it down on the 8th Ave line to observe how the R160's actually ran. Was on it downtown from 125th Street to Jay Street/Metrotech. It was definitely an interesting run.

They should do another test borrow one set of 160 from C and run thru the rockaways

Come to think of it the R179 order scheduled to arrive to replace the rest of the SMEEs: 50 five cars sets to replace the R32s and 10 four car sets to replace the R42s. There should be an option for 10 more five car sets and an Option 2 order pending available funds. There is the possibility that with the SAS some of these cars could end up in CI yard. If the MTA decides to order more than 300 cars from the base order, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these cars might be used on the Rockaway shuttle. But thats just speculation on my past.

So is the swap from (C) and (J) / (Z) starting? 

-- Nice quality +1 [as always]

Yup. They're starting.

No offence,  (C) , but those R160s don't fit you. Neither do the R32s fit you,  (J)  (Z) . I think that the  (C) should swap with the  (M) instead, so that it doesn't interfere with one of the greatest lines in the city.

Yup. They're starting.

No offence,  (C) , but those R160s don't fit you. Neither do the R32s fit you,  (J)  (Z) . I think that the  (C) should swap with the  (M) instead, so that it doesn't interfere with one of the greatest lines in the city.

You really are starting to sound a hell of a lot weird, trains and buses are not people...

Archived