Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Lance

Rollsign Gallery

Here are the 1981 and late 90s/early 2000s rollsigns for the R17-36 and R26-36 Cars. (Very few redbirds had the 2000s end sign). Bulkhead End Routes.

R17-36 Rollsign 1981R26-36 Rollsign 2001

• Upvote 1

Noticed that people haven't posted here in a while, so I decided to give it a shot. Here's my recreation of the R62 rollsign (with some help from Some Train Enthusiast). I still need confirmation of some aspects of the rollsign, but this should capture most of it. Correct font for the bullets.unknown.png

On 8/1/2020 at 1:28 PM, BenTheMiner said:

Noticed that people haven't posted here in a while, so I decided to give it a shot. Here's my recreation of the R62 rollsign (with some help from Some Train Enthusiast). I still need confirmation of some aspects of the rollsign, but this should capture most of it. Correct font for the bullets.unknown.png

Nice work! However fyi, there is no 8 reading on the original R62/A rolls. That was an addition part of the 62A replacement rolls printed in 1988, which include the 8-13 bullets and text reading "Express" under the <6> and <7>. Great to see you used Akzidenz and Condensed for this though, that's key to the design.

@Lance @MHV9218@Ilia  I have a few questions that any of you might be able to answer.

First, do you have any explanation for why this was done?

Second, anyone have an explanation for this? I would love to know what the other readings on this curtain were.

41061110_10156580072286704_6601392556750143488_o

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

@Lance @MHV9218@Ilia  I have a few questions that any of you might be able to answer.

First, do you have any explanation for why this was done?

Second, anyone have an explanation for this? I would love to know what the other readings on this curtain were.

41061110_10156580072286704_6601392556750143488_o

The first is an experimental addition to the 62A rolls that a handful of cars got. You can see it's actually taped on to the front of the roll, which is a 1988 addition with 1-13. All those rolls were scrapped anyway in the latest SMS for the all-Helvetica rolls, so any cars that had this addition no longer have it. 

The latter is the original R44 print, which was a mixture of some handcut in-house font and oddly-spaced Akzidenz-Grotesk. It was printed just before the Culver Shuttle was closed, so that makes an appearance. I saved a photo of the roll once, though this isn't my photo originally:

50380824956_8367c20974_b.jpg

Note the Identra tabs above and below each roll, like on R46s. In theory these were all remotely-selected from the cabin, how well that worked I don't know.

• Upvote 1