MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam 2901

RTS4Life

If someone already posted this sorry.

The time has come for anyone that wanted to be a bus Operator for MTA.

Here you go--------->http://mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/2901.pdf

Umm how is that so im still waiting along with other poster/people to be called from 2801 now they have 2901 i have to call them

• 2 weeks later...

If they don't call you than reapply again for MaBSTOA Bus Operator #2901, i apply twice for MaBSTOA Bus Operator back in 2004 and 2005 than i got letter from MTA in May 2005 i didn't go for it than i got another letter from MTA in July 2005 so this time i didn't go for it because i was moving to Florida than month. So go reapply again & see what happen.

David

Lakeland,Florida

Mears Motor Coach Driver in Orlando,Florida:D

(6)<6> is my favorites line

If they don't call you than reapply again for MaBSTOA Bus Operator #2901, i apply twice for MaBSTOA Bus Operator back in 2004 and 2005 than i got letter from MTA in May 2005 i didn't go for it than i got another letter from MTA in July 2005 so this time i didn't go for it because i was moving to Florida than month. So go reapply again & see what happen.

David

Lakeland,Florida

Mears Motor Coach Driver in Orlando,Florida:D

(6)<6> is my favorites line

people on the list for (MTA) Bus exam # 8001 if u didn't see my other post filing begins in december for (MTA)Bus exam # 9001

Why should I have to reapply again when I wasn't even given a chance to do anything? And for what, a higher list number than the one I currently have? I don't find that to be fair at all. I'd feel like I'm throwing money away that I do not have. I'm currently unemployed and I want to do this. At the same time, I don't have all of this time to sit back and wait it out. I've been down there in person on several accounts and each time I get the same answer-hiring freeze. I'm on 2 lists: MaBSTOA and MTA Bus. I'll go elsewhere if I don't hear from them soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, guys!

What would you recommend me to study??? I really want to score high on this exam, HELP!!!lol

You don't need anything to study for this exam. It's only a psychological survey exam containing 75 multiple-choice questions (some of them repeat up to 2-3 times, but in different wording), so all you need is common sense. Also, there's no scoring on this exam; it's just pass and fail. If you get a pre-employment letter after taking the exam, you pass. If you get a letter that they won't accept you based on your answers, you fail. However, if you fail the exam, you can try again when they have another opening for an exam for this exact position.

Okay, So, if I do become a MaBSTOA bus operator, in time do i become a NYCT bus operator?? or Would it be considered to be a promotional exam at time of filing???

The difference between mabstoa and ta is mabstoa is not civil service and it has a pension that mirrors ta pension.Everthing else is the same.Its not considered a promotional exam.When or if another ta exam for bus operator comes out you could take it and if they call u you would resign from mabstoa and switch to ta.

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like nobody wants to file for the job....

Nobody wants to file because nobody's getting hired.

There's a hiring freeze with all MTA Jobs because of this lousy economy. My question is why open a filing for this exam when the other exam filings have not been exhausted?

I filed for 2901 even though I'm on the list for Exam 2801. I'm also on the list for MTA Bus. I'm still unemployed and I want this to be my career. I have the CDL Permit with all of the necessary endorsements. I want to go for the license but at the same time, what if they call me? Then I feel I'm wasting money. I check on my status every so often and I still get the same results. I also wonder how the people at 180 got their jobs? What do I have to do?

• 4 years later...

Archived