Local group has a petition event to reopen an exit at the (N) 8th Ave. Station.

DailyDose

So I got off at the 8th Ave. (N) station today, and right when I exit, a Chinese guy holds up a petition, reading "Petition to reopen 7th Ave. exit" or something along the lines of that. I sign it, because the station is pretty overcrowded and run-down, it really needs some work to handle the Rush-Hour and weekend crowds. There was more signers outside, and pretty big crowds around the table. I guess the community is interested. What do you think?

I thinks its great idea.

A problem I often see at that station is overcrowding near the exits. Often, the conductor closes the doors on people before they finish boarding. I've seen an old asian lady get smacked by the door as it was closing. 

Hopefully, they'll open the 7th venue exit when they finish renovating the entire Sea Beach Line. 

I thinks its great idea.

A problem I often see at that station is overcrowding near the exits. Often, the conductor closes the doors on people before they finish boarding. I've seen an old asian lady get smacked by the door as it was closing. 

Hopefully, they'll open the 7th venue exit when they finish renovating the entire Sea Beach Line. 

They will: http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/CPDHome.html

Capture_zps414b3b42.jpg

From the CCC Dashboard along with the other station rehabs back to original condition according to historical society suggestions, repairs of the continuous benchwalls, the wrapping up of the laying down of concrete ties, cementing repairs, signal upgrades and floodproofing provisions, they will reopen and repair the 7th Ave exit at 8th Avenue that's a definite. Being that this is my home station, we desperately need the exit open. Its an extremely busy station, in fact the busiest station on the entire Sea Beach Line comparable to say Brighton Beach and Ocean Pkwy on the B / Q .

As for the fellas involved in the petition it seems they are not aware of the fact that the CCC are already on it as part of the Sea Beach rehabilitation mega-project.

So I got off at the 8th Ave. (N) station today, and right when I exit, a Chinese guy holds up a petition, reading "Petition to reopen 7th Ave. exit" or something along the lines of that. I sign it, because the station is pretty overcrowded and run-down, it really needs some work to handle the Rush-Hour and weekend crowds. There was more signers outside, and pretty big crowds around the table. I guess the community is interested. What do you think?

Did you ask if he was part of Riders Alliance or Straphangers Campaign?

Did you ask if he was part of Riders Alliance or Straphangers Campaign?

Oh boy Straphangers Campaign... I visited the site a few times and caught several errors on their data sheets and polls. I seriously question their knowledge on transit as compared to us true transit enthusiasts. I said it, many of their claims are flawed with erroneous facts as we've discussed in past threads.

Oh boy Straphangers Campaign... I visited the site a few times and caught several errors on their data sheets and polls. I seriously question their knowledge on transit as compared to us true transit enthusiasts. I said it, many of their claims are flawed with erroneous facts as we've discussed in past threads.

Straphangers uses very shady data for their statistics, and these days I feel like their reports are tailored for headlines.

They may have been a preeminent organization for rider advocacy at one point, but they definitely are not as effective or representative as the Riders Alliance.

Those guys thought BRT is a great alternative to subway expansion. Says it all.

8 Ave really does need that second exit, though. That station is a madhouse with the crowding.

Its an extremely busy station, in fact the busiest station on the entire Sea Beach Line comparable to say Brighton Beach and Ocean Pkwy on the B / Q .

It's more comparable to Church Avenue on the Brighton Line, which behaves more like 8 Avenue in that it gets very crowded in the peak direction with people running down the stairs at the end of the platform to catch the train in the morning.

Archived