Signs of Change...Maybe

petabread

So today at the bus terminal I saw from a distance a Long Island Bus pull in. Whats weird about this? Well the back door had only a blue stripe. The rest of the bus was regular but the back doors were blue and white. Next irregular, I think. Yesterday I saw NYCT traffic checkers on the N1. Though I only saw them in queens, I didn't get as far out as nassau. I do know they were entering in and writing things up on the LIBs. What is next I ask?

Well 193 has a blue stripe entirely. Other changes I've seen are checkerboard red and white stickers on the right side front mirror and destination sign changes like N21 GLEN COVE VIA BRIDGE similar to NYCT.

Also I've been told they are making sure the a/c works before they send out the buses. Things are improving...finally.

Well 193 has a blue stripe entirely. Other changes I've seen are checkerboard red and white stickers on the right side front mirror and destination sign changes like N21 GLEN COVE VIA BRIDGE similar to NYCT.

Also I've been told they are making sure the a/c works before they send out the buses. Things are improving...finally.

but isn't too late for that, since the summer is over and in a month or two it will start to get cold out?

It's all the MTA in the end, though. Having Suffolk absorbed into the MTA would be more exciting. Just imagine a fun pass taking you the Hamptons. :rolleyes:

that my friend will never happen. and no that wouldn't be exciting for the people who use Suffolk Transit buses. some of who can hardly afford to ride the buses as it is.

Lets just focus on LIB , Nassau still needs alot of improvement, esp with service frequency. As for ST, the only thing I'd change is getting another contractor for the East End and Sunday service on a few routes.

ST really isn't broken, but Nassau is, and there needs to be major changes. I do know the MTA is starting to adjust timetables to run at the same intervals (like a bus always leaves on the hour every hour,etc). Hopefully with that will come service improvements. The N22 needs to run much more often between Roosevelt Field and Hicksville, its always packed, because it goes through alot of low income areas. The N20 needs more service between Roslyn and Hicksville because of all the students at CW Post, NYIT, and SUNY Old Westbury.

And there needs to be more Sunday service! This is what the N22 to Jamaica looks like on a Sunday, around 7pm.

lib409packedn22.jpg

that my friend will never happen. and no that wouldn't be exciting for the people who use Suffolk Transit buses. some of who can hardly afford to ride the buses as it is.

I honestly don't know the current fare in Suffolk right now, but from your tone I'm guessing still less than $2. That said, PATH accepts MetroCards and doesn't deduct $2 just because they can. Unlimited ride cards aren't yet accepted on PATH (last I checked), but the system is there. There's no need to nix an idea to improve the fare system in Suffolk just because the same system is used in a county that charges a higher fare.

Lets just focus on LIB , Nassau still needs alot of improvement, esp with service frequency. As for ST, the only thing I'd change is getting another contractor for the East End and Sunday service on a few routes.

ST really isn't broken, but Nassau is, and there needs to be major changes. I do know the MTA is starting to adjust timetables to run at the same intervals (like a bus always leaves on the hour every hour,etc). Hopefully with that will come service improvements. The N22 needs to run much more often between Roosevelt Field and Hicksville, its always packed, because it goes through alot of low income areas. The N20 needs more service between Roslyn and Hicksville because of all the students at CW Post, NYIT, and SUNY Old Westbury.

And there needs to be more Sunday service! This is what the N22 to Jamaica looks like on a Sunday, around 7pm.

lib409packedn22.jpg

On all the routes going to Queens they seriously need articulated buses running on them, especially the N20 and N22 routes. I used to have to take the buses out from Hicksville, so I know the feeling of having to ride on those N22 buses, lol. No chance of getting a seat when it is like that unless you get on the bus at the railroad station.

I honestly don't know the current fare in Suffolk right now, but from your tone I'm guessing still less than $2. That said, PATH accepts MetroCards and doesn't deduct $2 just because they can. Unlimited ride cards aren't yet accepted on PATH (last I checked), but the system is there. There's no need to nix an idea to improve the fare system in Suffolk just because the same system is used in a county that charges a higher fare.

...and a "few" more people (I'm being nice about this too) would benefit the MTA takeover of Suffolk Transit (IF IT SHOULD HAPPEN...calm down) because it would mean more bus service on some routes. Someone like myself who does not have a car would benefit greatly from this...as well as the day laborers and those "few" commuters who depend on Suffolk Transit (which is $1.75).

the SCT fare is $1.50 for adults and kids over 5

$1.00 for students with i.d's (14-20)

$0.50 for elderly and handicap

$0.25 for transfers

i have no idea what ur talking about?, the only thing i said was that the MTA would never take over SCT. and not everybody in suffolk can afford the $2 that the MTA charges

...and a "few" more people (I'm being nice about this too) would benefit the MTA takeover of Suffolk Transit (IF IT SHOULD HAPPEN...calm down) because it would mean more bus service on some routes. Someone like myself who does not have a car would benefit greatly from this...as well as the day laborers and those "few" commuters who depend on Suffolk Transit (which is $1.75).

SCT fair is $1.50! its $1.75 when u get a transfer. there is no benifets, because ppl can hardly get the money to use SCT now, not to mention u would kill off CBS Lines who only have transit buses since the company before them Coarm Bus Service (which my Grandfather worked for) went bankrupted and i guess got brought out by Harran. and Inter County who sold off their Coach Buses ( from what i heard) and doesn't do School buses (or at least not in that name)

the routes except from what i hear about the S92 and other HJ routes are fine. and more buses don't always fix things, u have to fix the roads in some areas then things will be fine.

i hate u city and nassau folks who come out here and claim that the buses need fixing cuz they aren't like urs. the only complaiints i heard from city folks while on the bus was that the stores in suffolk close early then in the city, they never spoke about anything about the buses. (i mean nothing against JohnQPine)

SCT fair is $1.50! its $1.75 when u get a transfer. there is no benifets, because ppl can hardly get the money to use SCT now, not to mention u would kill off CBS Lines who only have transit buses since the company before them Coarm Bus Service (which my Grandfather worked for) went bankrupted and i guess got brought out by Harran. and Inter County who sold off their Coach Buses ( from what i heard) and doesn't do School buses (or at least not in that name)

the routes except from what i hear about the S92 and other HJ routes are fine. and more buses don't always fix things, u have to fix the roads in some areas then things will be fine.

i hate u city and nassau folks who come out here and clain that the buses need fixing cuz they aren't like urs. the only complaiints i heard from city folks while on the bus was that the stores in suffolk close early then in the city, they never spoke about anything about the buses. (i mean nothing against JohnQPine)

Whoa Whoa Whoa there's a GLITCH IN THE MATRIX what do you mean by you CITY and NASSAU people

Whoa Whoa Whoa there's a GLITCH IN THE MATRIX what do you mean by you CITY and NASSAU people

sorry that may not have come out right, i have a problem with my wording when i'm sick and something gets me a little ticked off. i have a little prob with pissing some people off.

i mean people who live in the city and nassau.

I agree with Mac about Suffolk Transit, it DOES NOT need an MTA takeover at this time. The problems with ST are mainly on the east end with Hampton Jitney, which could eaisly be solved by having another company run the east end routes instead of HJ.

The MTA needs to focus on straightening out Nassau and maintaining its own system.

I agree with Mac about Suffolk Transit, it DOES NOT need an MTA takeover at this time. The problems with ST are mainly on the east end with Hampton Jitney, which could eaisly be solved by having another company run the east end routes instead of HJ.

The MTA needs to focus on straightening out Nassau and maintaining its own system.

Well the (MTA) is a State agency so in All actuallity they should be running transportation through out the State of NY from Down State to Upstate from Nassau to Suffolk I could care less what the livery Color is thats most peoples fears they fear change

Well the (MTA) is a State agency so in All actuallity they should be running transportation through out the State of NY from Down State to Upstate from Nassau to Suffolk I could care less what the livery Color is thats most peoples fears they fear change

that would give more power to the state and less to local goverment. i'm sure that would be againsit what the fathers of our nataion would want. and that would raise state taxes, and as it is the state doesn't have enough money to put state troopers on roads that they should be on.

its most ppl that are afraid of change, cuz if everyone was afraid of change, then y is the presidental campaigns (both dem and rep) about change if thats what everyone is afraid of?.

i hate u city and nassau folks who come out here and claim that the buses need fixing cuz they aren't like urs. the only complaiints i heard from city folks while on the bus was that the stores in suffolk close early then in the city, they never spoke about anything about the buses. (i mean nothing against JohnQPine)

sorry that may not have come out right, i have a problem with my wording when i'm sick and something gets me a little ticked off. i have a little prob with pissing some people off.

i mean people who live in the city and nassau.

Well, I hope you still don't hate us.

Like I said above, Suffolk transit need not necessarily be integrated into the MTA for the fare system to be upgraded. My initial comment was an expression that an integration would naturally bring about that upgrade, but ST could just as easily decide on that upgrade themselves. It's something that's going to happen eventually.

Like I said above, Suffolk transit need not necessarily be integrated into the MTA for the fare system to be upgraded. My initial comment was an expression that an integration would naturally bring about that upgrade, but ST could just as easily decide on that upgrade themselves. It's something that's going to happen eventually.

ST has upgraded they are putting bike racks on their buses, that the MTA doesn't have. and are getting new buses that are surpose to be better for the enviorment. (still have no clue who is making them, but i would hope they are gilligs, cuz unless the County makes HJ, Sunrise, or EBT take the new buses there eren't prob enough 96xx and 97xx buses left for them to get instead of the new buses.

maybe hate was to mean, lets just say i that i dislike u guys, the same way i dislike the SCPD and Stony Brook University Hospital.

I wish that i would'nt have to be a school bus driver for a year before i could be a transit bus driver for ST. Me and school kids don't go together.

i would hope they are gilligs

WHAT!!:eek: You do realize that if Suffolk Transit wants low floors(if they will get them)they will be Gillig Advantages! I dont mind tha Gillig BRT, but sitting down in an Advantage is very hard for me to do. I also feel sorry for the B/Os that will get stuck drivin those things. When i lived in Kansas City, MO, my friends complained about their backs hurting because of those Advantage seating issues.

WHAT!!:eek: You do realize that if Suffolk Transit wants low floors(if they will get them)they will be Gillig Advantages! I dont mind tha Gillig BRT, but sitting down in an Advantage is very hard for me to do. I also feel sorry for the B/Os that will get stuck drivin those things. When i lived in Kansas City, MO, my friends complained about their backs hurting because of those Advantage seating issues.

i only siad that because HJ, Sunrise, and EBT don't have orions. Sunrise Traded with CBS Lines when the orions can on, because they didn't want them. i don't know what reason EBT had for not getting them.

idk what kind of buses are coming, just what type the county wants.

I wish that i would'nt have to be a school bus driver for a year before i could be a transit bus driver for ST. Me and school kids don't go together.

where did u hear that??, i think Suffolk Bus Corp makes u do transit or dispatch before u drive a transit bus (or i could be confusing that with a diffrent transit operation that is out of state), but i haven't heard anything like that. ST can't make a rule like that since all the hiring goes thought the companies they contract to run their buses.

the only thing i ever heard about transit drivers and school buses, is that Suffolk Bus Corp askes drivers if they are interstend in driving Mini buses. i know this cuz two of my mini bus drivers back in 2003 also drove the 6A, the proof i had that showed that was true was that the one driver wore his ST uniform and a 6A driver honked his the bus's horn and waved to the driver of our mini bus one day when we passed it. that same driver also gave us snaks every friday as long as we were good that week, which he wasn't surpose to do.

my grandpa drove Transit buses for the old Coarm Bus Service, back in the 70's before switching to their school buses. but that was before the ladie that owned the company screwed up and went broke.

what comapny did this lady that u talked to work for?. couldn't be for ST theirselves since they don't have hire the drivers themselfs, again sounds like a company thing to me, since u need the same drivers licence to drive a transit bus as u do a school bus. cuz one company doesn't have school buses at all. and where do u live, so i can place who may have a yard near u.

i know from what my mom says that my grandpa did it the other way, but that was before it was county funded.

Archived