Signs of Change...Maybe

petabread

Well, i waz told by tha lady at ST that in order to drive for ST that i had to be hired from within. If not, then i'l be applying at tha garage right down tha street from where i live! When i get a car, i'm movin back to Yonkers where i'm from, then i'm gunna work for beeline.

u do know that ST also stands for Suffolk Transportation Inc which is the Parent company of Suffolk Bus Corp Right?

• 1 month later...

WHAT!!:eek: You do realize that if Suffolk Transit wants low floors(if they will get them)they will be Gillig Advantages! I dont mind tha Gillig BRT, but sitting down in an Advantage is very hard for me to do. I also feel sorry for the B/Os that will get stuck drivin those things. When i lived in Kansas City, MO, my friends complained about their backs hurting because of those Advantage seating issues.

Suffolk Transit has 5 Gillig BRT low floors at EBT yard's. they are waiting for plates and will be running of the S1

• 1 month later...
It's all the MTA in the end, though. Having Suffolk absorbed into the MTA would be more exciting. Just imagine a fun pass taking you the Hamptons. ;)

Speaking of Suffolk, I saw a news clip about a week ago that said something about the (MTA) taking over LIB and SCT. I know I'm not hearing stuff, cause I saw the news. I just dont see the (MTA) taking over SCT! I do have some ideas for some SCT service adjustments, but i dont think that Suffolk "Extreme Suburbs" County is ready for (MTA)Bus just yet.

Speaking of Suffolk, I saw a news clip about a week ago that said something about the (MTA) taking over LIB and SCT. I know I'm not hearing stuff, cause I saw the news. I just dont see the (MTA) taking over SCT! I do have some ideas for some SCT service adjustments, but i dont think that Suffolk "Extreme Suburbs" County is ready for (MTA)Bus just yet.

the MTA isn't getting SCT. the county won't let them. thats what Newsday thought the MTA report would say and because someone at MTA Bus wants to add Suffolk, but like i said it won't happen. County Executive Steve Levy doesn't like the MTA's report because of the tolls on the bridge and having businesses that aren't served by the MTA have to bail them out (or something like that)

this comes form the report: "This recommendation includes authorization to allow, but does not require, the counties within the MTA District to enter into agreements for MTA assumption of bus service."

i have one problem though with them using the word "metropolitan region", i mean if people consider Suffolk County part of the "metropolitan region" then a clam could be made to say that the part of New Jersey that boarders New York Harbor is in the New York Metropolitan Region or the part of Connecticut that borders Westchester is in the New York Metropolitan Region. but no where did you hear that the MTA should takeover that part of NJ Transit, or who ever runs that part of Connecticut's transit system.

but the MTA truly doesn't want Suffolk because stated in the report is that they had "conducted public hearings in New York,Nassau and Westchester Counties", what about Suffolk County. they never said they had a hearing in Suffolk, so it shows that maybe Newsday was over stating and confusing LIB with SCT like they always do.

now where in the report did it say anything about taking over other transit systems othere then what i quoted from the report.

mac5689 addressed Suffolk, but LIB IS run by the MTA already.

• 1 month later...

I just received a text message from Ozzy (if you guys know him on this board), he saw an Orion 05.501 CNG #3xx (in the 300 series) with the destination sign saying,

N15 Long Beach

LIRR Station

via Long Beach Rd

via (He could not read it)

Just a few seconds ago, I have received another text the the sign on Orion 05.501 CNG #165 has changed it's REAR destination signs to look more like the MTA NYCT/MTA Bus. Anotherwords, you don't see the "N15"...you now see "n15" or a smaller capital-sized "N". I think you guys understand what I'm getting at here. As for the FRONT destination sign, he was not able to tell because of the sunglare.

Again, this infomation comes from Ozzy.

I just received a text message from Ozzy (if you guys know him on this board), he saw an Orion 05.501 CNG #3xx (in the 300 series) with the destination sign saying,

N15 Long Beach

LIRR Station

via Long Beach Rd

via (He could not read it)

Just a few seconds ago, I have received another text the the sign on Orion 05.501 CNG #165 has changed it's REAR destination signs to look more like the MTA NYCT/MTA Bus. Anotherwords, you don't see the "N15"...you now see "n15" or a smaller capital-sized "N". I think you guys understand what I'm getting at here. As for the FRONT destination sign, he was not able to tell because of the sunglare.

Again, this infomation comes from Ozzy.

I saw one similar to that yesterday on the N4

N4 Freeport

LIRR Station

via Merrick Rd

Well as new route/schedule as of Sunday, January 18th, 2009.

N1 Hewlett-Elmont weekday trips between 3:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. will now serve the Valley Stream LIRR Station.

N6 Hempstead-Jamaica Limited weekday service is now provided in both directions during p.m. rush hours to match existing a.m. peak service.

N20X Flushing-Hicksville and N21X Glen Cove-Flushing service bypassing Great Neck LIRR Station will be relabeled N20 Limited and N21 Limited for Limited stop service.

EASTBOUND

N22 Hicksville, N78 Plainview and N79 S. Huntington trips will access Roosevelt Field via Old Country Rd. and Ring Rd. West, exiting the Mall at East Gate Blvd. and Zeckendorf Blvd. Use existing bus stops on the east side of East Gate Blvd.

for eastbound service.

WESTBOUND

N22 Mineola/Jamaica, N78 and N79 Mineola trips will access Roosevelt Field via East Gate Blvd. and Zeckendorf Blvd. depart via Ring Rd. West and exit on Old Country Rd. Use existing bus stops on the west side of East Gate Blvd. for westbound service.

Westbound N22A Jamaica and Eastbound N22A Roosevelt Field trips will enter and leave Roosevelt Field via Ring Rd. West to Old Country Rd. N22A stops on East Gate Blvd. will be served by N22 trips.

I finnaly could try the Queens-bound N6 LTD!

I cannot wait to go back on LIB

Archived