SI man arrested for stealing bus from the St. George Ferry Terminal

aemoreira81

post-5097-0-08370400-1403007346_thumb.jpg
When this guy takes the bus, he really takes the bus. A 20-year-old Staten Islander who is “obsessed” with buses crossed the line early Monday — and stole one from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, officials said. Nickolas Ellias stole an empty bus that was parked at the St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island and drove it 1.6 miles to his Stapleton neighborhood, police and transit officials said. The stolen bus had been left on a ramp at the St. George transit complex by a driver who took a break, MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz said. Witnesses alerted the MTA and police about 1:30 a.m. that a young man was driving an MTA bus. The MTA used bus-tracking technology to locate the bus and help police reclaim it, Ortiz said.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-08370400-1403007346_thumb.jpg

I hope this guy gets the therapy he needs before this becomes a lifelong habit.

Also, LRG, long time no see!

I know !!! Don't worry, I'll try to contribute regularly from now on.

lol... This is a comment from the NYDaily News:

Every N.Y.C.T.A. bus depot in the city has at least two or three of these demented groupies!! Slow of mind but very keen when it comes to all things transit!! They know the drivers, supervision and the buses inside and out!! They know the schedules and bus numbers better than any employee, and many employees go to the groupies for advice on routes and schedules!! We feel bad, and sorry for them, so we allow them to hang out because they wouldn't have a life without transit!!

LMAO... So true... 

Every N.Y.C.T.A. bus depot in the city has at least two or three of these demented groupies!! Slow of mind but very keen when it comes to all things transit!! They know the drivers, supervision and the buses inside and out!! They know the schedules and bus numbers better than any employee, and many employees go to the groupies for advice on routes and schedules!! We feel bad, and sorry for them, so we allow them to hang out because they wouldn't have a life without transit!!

College Point has way more than 2 or 3 "groupies" LOL.

I take it none of us know this guy?

I knew him, but just from seeing each other. He always tries to start a conversation with everyone, so whenever I see him in the streets, I say wassup and keep it moving. I didn't know he was obsessed with buses, but I always saw him on buses or in the park. He's a farebeater, and he's always high.

I knew him, but just from seeing each other. He always tries to start a conversation with everyone, so whenever I see him in the streets, I say wassup and keep it moving. I didn't know he was obsessed with buses, but I always saw him on buses or in the park. He's a farebeater, and he's always high.

So let me get this straight: a fare beater, a druggie, and a wannabe star of Grand Theft Auto? So much for this guys future aspirations with transit. As in "Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you..."

So let me get this straight: a fare beater, a druggie, and a wannabe star of Grand Theft Auto? So much for this guys future aspirations with transit. As in "Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you..."

He was pretty well known on the north shore. He got a vid on YouTube of him being an a**hole on the S52 bus about a year ago.

I take it none of us know this guy?

I see him all the time. On the ferry, on the bus. He actually jumped on my S48 a couple nights ago. Come to think of it, it may have been later the same night that he stole the bus.

My instinct told me something was off about him. It's (almost) never wrong, you know.

EDIT: Yep, it was later that same night. I remember him wearing those same clothes, and he was chatting it up with the operator up front, all while blocking the doors too.

you should see facebook and twitter instagram under #freedrizzy, they are glorifying him like he's a legend /based god!

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

They were egging him on in the videos but the minute he damaged a car or hit someone, then what?

It's sad he had a cult following in the first place....

I see him all the time. On the ferry, on the bus. He actually jumped on my S48 a couple nights ago. Come to think of it, it may have been later the same night that he stole the bus.

My instinct told me something was off about him. It's (almost) never wrong, you know.

EDIT: Yep, it was later that same night. I remember him wearing those same clothes, and he was chatting it up with the operator up front, all while blocking the doors too.

Damn that's crazy.

Archived