So I'll be taking the Conductor test in Dec., any good study guides?

duelingdragons

From what I've heard the conductor test is not that hard, and is mostly common sense questions, the rest of the training they do once you're in the job, but if the book is up to date it would be good to read it of course! :D

Thanks for the help guys. When you say "common sense", what exactly are we talking here?

Common sense in terms of train conducting, or common sense in terms of... life. (Math, reading skills, etc.)

Would I just be taking a basic test? If so, is there anywhere I can go to find sample tests, etc.?

Thanks again =)

Well so you know it's a multiple choice test, and by common sense I mean like in terms of safety and some to-know things, I'm pretty sure the pass book series will tell you that if you buy it, but it's not a very hard test as I said, just in terms of safety and other things like that!:D

Thanks for the help guys. When you say "common sense", what exactly are we talking here?

Common sense in terms of train conducting, or common sense in terms of... life. (Math, reading skills, etc.)

Would I just be taking a basic test? If so, is there anywhere I can go to find sample tests, etc.?

Thanks again =)

Reading comprehension, basic math, and they may ask about NYC geography ie "Which station is closest to Carnegie Hall? - ABCD"

Some of the stuff in the passbooks are outdated. For instance I have the T/O passbook and a lot of questions are about the ME-23 brake stand (AMUE). Also according to it the key feature of the newest cars is dynamic braking :D But you take the info for what it is, good to know in context...and it should help with the test regardless

Reading comprehension, basic math, and they may ask about NYC geography ie "Which station is closest to Carnegie Hall? - ABCD"

Some of the stuff in the passbooks are outdated. For instance I have the T/O passbook and a lot of questions are about the ME-23 brake stand (AMUE). Also according to it the key feature of the newest cars is dynamic braking :) But you take the info for what it is, good to know in context...and it should help with the test regardless

Sweet.. last I checked I can read and do math... (4) + (5) = (9)

=)

Those geography questions are pretty fun... hm, Carnegie Hall... Well, there's the 57th St. stop on the Broadway Line, and 6th avenue line. I win?

Archived