6 Extended to Bowling Green?

B41

It use to go via Bowling Green and then South Ferry, but discontiuned, due to the amount of trains accessing the South ferry- Bowling green area, which causes a delay, so it runs via CITY Hall Loop [A Former station closed]

Too much stress, even though for those that want Fulton Street for the connections there would be nice, but again, to stressful on Bowling Green, also at Brooklyn Bridge.

Have it use the inner loop station during rush hours? :rolleyes:

- A

It would be nice to open up city hall station even if it can open 5 cars i think, hey South Ferry and 145th-Malcolm x blvd does the same

There are no gap fillers at City Hall...it works at 145 b/c the station is straight and South Ferry b/c of gap fillers (though they are building the new one for just that reason - no curve), but at City Hall without gap filllers opening the station is just asking to get sued when someone isn't "watching the gap"

If it's just a matter of wanting to go down there, join the Transit Museum and sign up for a tour, they do them a few times a year.

Not only is there no gap filling mechanisms, but there is no fare control, completely outdated lighting, no ADA edge strips, only fit 5 cars, not by any means a bend that can be gone around at speed unlike south ferry which you can go 20 mph around with some of the narrower cars. On top of that you have no route indicators anywhere in the system, the station is closed from the street, and sits under city hall, a potential "target" (i personally don't think it would be anymore at risk than any other station but thats how (NYCT) sees it), and when city hall is closed for business why would people even use the station when bowling green is right there? I agree that it would be cool and neat to use the station, but to open it for everyone in 2008/2009 would be a mistake. Maybe after "the war on terror" is over & we have a president that inspires the good in the people of the world, not the nutcases to blow themselves up.

- A

Have it use the inner loop station during rush hours? :rolleyes:

- A

Yeah, uh, no.

Its not the station usage, its just all the work with the switching and whatnot. Just give it up! Don't make lives more harder than they need to be now, we all know the IRT is a hell hole.

Yeah, uh, no.

Its not the station usage, its just all the work with the switching and whatnot. Just give it up! Don't make lives more harder than they need to be now, we all know the IRT is a hell hole.

But but but.. :)

- A

But but but.. :)

- A

Besides there's the fact that only the center doors can open on the inner loop, and no current IRT equipment has the capability to open only the center doors.

Now (5) to the outer loop, that may be feasible, but I don't see (MTA) returning to the loop stations after the (1) moves to the new terminals except for GO's.

Besides there's the fact that only the center doors can open on the inner loop, and no current IRT equipment has the capability to open only the center doors.

Now (5) to the outer loop, that may be feasible, but I don't see (MTA) returning to the loop stations after the (1) moves to the new terminals except for GO's.

Ya ya ya i know, you can stop stomping the ashes of my dreams! :):cool::P;):D

- A

Archived