Converted bus route could help struggling commuters in Rosedale

GojiMet86

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's this I'm hearing about a Q111 limited in January?

If that happens, ain't no way in hell that's gonna be new buses. Probably gonna come off the current Q111 Local, and off some other unrelated lines. It also tells me that 114 service has increased usage of the limited significantly (which is a good thing).

If that happens, ain't no way in hell that's gonna be new buses. Probably gonna come off the current Q111 Local, and off some other unrelated lines. It also tells me that 114 service has increased usage of the limited significantly (which is a good thing).

But it won't be all day though, it'll be rush hour. How many limiteds does Brewer need? It's like giving Woodhaven another limited...

But it won't be all day though, it'll be rush hour. How many limiteds does Brewer need? It's like giving Woodhaven another limited...

In that case, it'll probably only come off the Q111. The way I see it, you'll have a limited every 15 minutes, and a local every 8 minutes or something, I don't know. I guess they really want to trim down overall runtime (as well as costs) on that corridor. The stops south of Baisley are enough to get it an SRO load or more on both trips. In anyway, it just screws over the riders at local only stops.

In other words, current Q111 Local setup: 5 minutes during the rush, 12 buses per hour

Possible changes:

1. 6 minute headways local, 30 minute headways limited (retains 12 bph)

2. 7 minute headways local, 15 minute headways limited (retains 12 bph in select time frames)

3. 8 minute headways local, 12 minute headway limited (retains 12 bph in select time frames)

4. 9 minute headways local, 10 minute headway limited (retains 12 bph in most time frames)

5. 10 minute headways local, 10 minute headways limited (retains 12 bph)

Possibly, the Cedarhurst trips would become Limited Q111 trips as well (or at least the AM ones).

That's for the full route, the short turns will probably be reconfigured around to have an even headway.

In that case, it'll probably only come off the Q111. The way I see it, you'll have a limited every 15 minutes, and a local every 8 minutes or something, I don't know. I guess they really want to trim down overall runtime (as well as costs) on that corridor. The stops south of Baisley are enough to get it an SRO load or more on both trips. In anyway, it just screws over the riders at local only stops.

In other words, current Q111 Local setup: 5 minutes during the rush, 12 buses per hour

Possible changes:

1. 6 minute headways local, 30 minute headways limited (retains 12 bph)

2. 7 minute headways local, 15 minute headways limited (retains 12 bph in select time frames)

3. 8 minute headways local, 12 minute headway limited (retains 12 bph in select time frames)

4. 9 minute headways local, 10 minute headway limited (retains 12 bph in most time frames)

5. 10 minute headways local, 10 minute headways limited (retains 12 bph)

Possibly, the Cedarhurst trips would become Limited Q111 trips as well (or at least the AM ones).

That's for the full route, the short turns will probably be reconfigured around to have an even headway.

Or extended to Brookville during the rush, other times end at Farmers. Then they'll probably give it another designation.

Great...what next, all day Q6 LTD service?

Next might be a renaming of the 150 Av short turn Q10's maybe. I don't get it's service now. From the way the schedule is it seems that buses now go either to JFK or short turn at Rockaway Blvd. Do buses still end at 150 Ave all day like they use to when the Q10 was using standard buses?

Next might be a renaming of the 150 Av short turn Q10's maybe. I don't get it's service now. From the way the schedule is it seems that buses now go either to JFK or short turn at Rockaway Blvd. Do buses still end at 150 Ave all day like they use to when the Q10 was using standard buses?

Yes there are Q10's that end at 150...

Those short turns were basically during the rush hour. Im talking all day while the Q114 LTD is running. I believe the last Farmers bus is around 10pm...

9:49 to be exact. They should run until the last 114 limited. Or extend them to Brookville

This is only rumored and this came from a MTA source who works at BP

In January they are talking about making the Q111 LTD peak direction only, am to Jamaica and pm to rosedale and additional local Q111 service, again this is rumored nothing official, there's also talks of SBS on the Q113/114 but that's just rumors

lol I can't believe this thread has gone 20 pages.... <_< All of you people that live in the area should be this active in the community by going to the board meetings regarding transportation.

For the record, I don't live in Rosedale, but these are my home routes

Archived