Train operator exam 2085

BXTOYOTOHD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No, it was open competetive....as far as are they still calling..the list is scheduled to expire 9/2009 but as far as I know there are no people being called for right now....what # are U?

If the list won't expire till September of next year, why is DCAS setting up a T/O exam for March? The DCAS filing fee keeps sounding more like a income source for the city.

It is a good source of revenue if you look at how much is cost to take an exam and how many are give and how many take it. Anytime they give a transit exam especially Station Agent, Property Protection , Track Worker , Bus Operator , Conductor and Train Operator Thousands take these exams paying $40/60 a pop.

Also one these give an new exam they start calling a years later and kill the last list.

If the list won't expire till September of next year, why is DCAS setting up a T/O exam for March? The DCAS filing fee keeps sounding more like a income source for the city.
IF I were you,I'd take the exam again in March.If you do that,you'll be on both lists!You can't loose bro..

IF I were you,I'd take the exam again in March.If you do that,you'll be on both lists!You can't loose bro..
I never took the first one. I didn't qualify. I was just out of HS. I'm applying for the C/R and I plan to apply for the T/O one in march too, but I'm saying, why take peoples money if they aren't going to be doing anything yet with them. Question, if I get called for the C/R spot first, what if I get called for the T/O? am I out of luck and have to wait for a promotional exam?

Question, if I get called for the C/R spot first, what if I get called for the T/O? am I out of luck and have to wait for a promotional exam?

If you take the C/R job and then in the future get called for T/O you would be able to accept it. The only problem is unlike with a promotion you wouldn't have 1 year to go back. If something were to happen you would be fired not sent back to conductor.

So basically I would be quitting as a C/R and be starting off as a off the street person?

In the eyes of the TA yes. They may even require that you offically resign from the C/R job first but I'm not 100% on that.

The bright side would be depending on how many years you have as a C/R at the time it would be a huge pay increase. C/R's take a few years to reach top pay which is much less than a T/O who reaches top pay within 2 years but is only a couple of dollars less an hour to begin with.

Right 3 years of service to reach top pay as a C/R. T/O its goes by number of days spent operating in customer service I forgot the exact amount.

Someone said 231, so it sounds like about a year...wonder if this has to do with probie status or not, Im guessing not though...

Good to know that you can choose T/O even if you accept C/R and are waiting for a class to start if they call you. $26 for $18 would make that worth it if they both came a'callin' at the same time

Someone said 231, so it sounds like about a year...wonder if this has to do with probie status or not, Im guessing not though...

Good to know that you can choose T/O even if you accept C/R and are waiting for a class to start if they call you. $26 for $18 would make that worth it if they both came a'callin' at the same time

Yes it's 231 which some people reach within a year and others take 2 years. Depends on how many non-raod jobs you work and how many days off you work.

The point I was trying to make is that the starting pay from day one for T/O isn't much less than the top pay, while the starting pay for C/R from day one is much much less than the top pay.

Originally Posted by Y2Julio

What's the filing fee? Fifty Bucks??!!...money well spent.

Originally Posted by Y2Julio

What's the filing fee? Fifty Bucks??!!...money well spent.

I'm not debating the fee. I will even spend up to $100 bucks for the fee to apply for T/O. I'm just wondering why they take it so early if they won't be doing nothing with the people applying for it yet.

100 bucks?? Lol...I'm laughing because I got shafted for the 2085 exam!At the time I wasn't eligible for the exam..Willie James!!SOB!!I got a call saying NOT to take it,soooo me being me,I took it anyway and passed it.Later on,DCAS caught up to me and ordered me to pay 50$ extra to keep my score or it would be thrown out..It paid off.;)Imagine if I listened to those idiots that called me??

I'm just wondering why they take it so early if they won't be doing nothing with the people applying for it yet.

They do it early because it takes months to get the entire test process set up. Remember DCAS does all of the city tests so they are very busy with paper work. That's why it usually takes at least a year to get your list number after you take the test adn for them to certify the test.

Archived