President Obama calls MH17 crash ‘terrible tragedy’ (Plane shot down in the Ukraine) - NY Daily News

Capture_zps03153f73.jpg

BY MICHAEL WALSH NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 11:21 AM Updated: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 2:35 PM

A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane was reportedly shot down, killing everyone aboard, in Ukraine near the Russian border Thursday.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko called it a “terrorist act,” reported Interfax.

Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister, said on Facebook that the Boeing 777-200ER was flying at an altitude of 33,000 feet when it was hit by a missile fired from a Buk launcher, according to the Ukrainian news agency.

A Reuters reporter said that 23 U.S. citizens died in the crash. President Obama said U.S. authorities are "working to determine" if Americans were aboard the flight.

Read more: Source

This sounds like a case of mistaken identity. Not excusable mistaken ID, but mistaken ID nonetheless. Separatists in the Donetsk People's Republic (this is the rebel area in eastern Ukraine) likely were intending to shoot down an Antonov An-26 military turboprop owned by the Ukrainian government, but the missile locked onto the doomed Boeing 777-2H6(ER) instead. The separatists celebrated, thinking that they had downed a third An-26, but tried to walk it back when they realized that they had shot down a passenger plane..

(H6 - customer code for Malaysian Airlines.)

There's a blame game going on between Russian and Ukrainian officials over the incident. However U.S. intelligence officials told The Associated Press that either the Russians or the pro-Russian separatists were more likely responsible for the takedown and therefore mass murder of the plane.  Meanwhile the Ukrainian government released "intercepted calls" between the FSB (successor of the KGB) and local pro-Russian rebels in the war torn areas discussing the attack of the commercial airplane.

There are still some missing links in regards to what actually happened here despite Obama's, Kerry's and Poroshenko's accusation over 'Putin's actions' as we do not know if Putin indeed was supplying arms to the Russian separatists or if Spetnza was indeed involved. The full independent investigation is not complete. All we know is that:

1) Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down using a surface-to-air missile in Ukrainian territory that's controlled by pro-Russian rebels.

2) It could be that the Russian separatists mistaken the plane for Ukrainian fighters or bombers. It is know that they have been using surface to air missiles to shoot down at least a dozen planes.

3) The Malaysia Airlines flight left Amsterdam for Kuala Lumpur. In a war zone. Why?

4) When will international investigators get permission to enter the crash site? That is left to the unknown. Why the cover-up?

5) What information are in the Black Boxes? When or if the independent investigator can get access, the rebels has possession of them. They will not be able to get them.

6) Where are all the missing bodies? Some were seized by rebels and taken in a train to an unknown location.

7) What will be Russia's response? We haven't heard any official statement from Vladimir Putin as of yet as far as I know.

These are questions that I have which remains unanswered at this point.

That's what I am wondering. There's the possibility that this can also be a f**k up on the part of the Ukrainian ground forces. But I have to honestly ask myself why did Putin did not give a official reply as of yet?

I don't think this is actually an act of terrorism as much as it is a fatal strategic mistake *if* the Russian rebels were not involved. Plus knowing Putin he would never command such an attack. Then again if it wasn't directly the Russian presidents fault overall, then we can call this a terrorist attack. One of the big problems among many other factors is the political wrangling concerning the American media where I tend to read behind the lines. So I am here waiting until the solid facts reveal itself. 

Wow. What a colossal blunder.

The thing is that is it true that the Russians are secretly arming and training the rebels? I have to ask because we've secretly done it. (Classic example being the CIA's involvement in the Soviet-Afghan War, supplying the Muhadeen with arms to take down fighter helicopters.).

I do find it odd still that I didnt hear an official response from President Vladimir Putin. He has been making a great number of diplomatic errors as of late that may end up in sanctions set against him that can cripple the Russian economy if he sides with the seperatists. He knows this, this was why he pulled Russian troops from the border to begin with after a phone call from the White House (Details are sketchy being this is a current event)

Archived