The Adventures with SCT

After eating pizza, and what not, we had to go to Hicksville. Noting that we missed both the n19 and s20 connection, and both of those connections would miss the 80/81 because the times change after a while. 

Same thing for the subsequent proceeding hourly period. 

Deciding, it was not worth it, I took the S35 to Lindenhurst LIRR (One other person was on that got off the stop before). I took the LIRR to Amityville, and notice that an 80 connection from Massepequa wouldn't suffice, so I took the S1 to the n79. The S1 actually left early ( by 4 minutes, smh)

I had to wait a whole extra hour for the n79.

While there, the sun glare, and the security were not my friends today, so I decided to take shots to the best of my abilities.

14687853315_debe0f9bf3_o.jpgIMG_4901 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

14501173140_f16db81226_o.jpgIMG_4904 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

14501413037_56dacf49a4_o.jpgIMG_4899 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

14501230868_7d273b2f56_o.jpgIMG_4897 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

14684702611_7afa830920_o.jpgIMG_4892 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

14501276088_4cc3c52eee_o.jpgIMG_4885 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

14707786973_3929007df1_o.jpgIMG_4888 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

And one extra at South Bay while waiting for the S35

14687636532_632e7af37e_o.jpgIMG_4881 by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

It Continues on here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/45518-my-nice-hiatus-has-come-to-an-end/?do=findComment&comment=782789

• 1 month later...

Great shots! I wonder if you had any trouble taking photos because Walt Whitman Mall security USUALLY doesn't allow it and their security is VERY strict.

Thanks!

The funny thing is, one of the security cars came along while I was taking pics. I was near the grass area, but the guy seemed young, so I though that he was just a rookie or something. Didnt even look my way at the very least. What I have to sah is, I didn't know that Mall security there was strict about not taking photos though, and I've taken pics there many times. Learn something new everyday. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks!

The funny thing is, one of the security cars came along while I was taking pics. I was near the grass area, but the guy seemed young, so I though that he was just a rookie or something. Didnt even look my way at the very least. What I have to sah is, I didn't know that Mall security there was strict about not taking photos to that extent and I've taken pics there many times. I thought that there could be some good and bad apples. I just didnt take shots while the security car was roving around. Learn something new everyday. Thanks for the heads up!

Great shots! I wonder if you had any trouble taking photos because Walt Whitman Mall security USUALLY doesn't allow it and their security is VERY strict.

Not to me since I have orange reflector vest and I uses of Walt Whitman Mall, RFM, Green Acres Mall, Sunrise Mall, Oceanside Stop & Shop.

Maybe Simon's WWM security will lighten up or have lighten up on photography of buses since the bus stops aren't right near the doors to the mall anymore. I mean I could surly understand them not wanting photography done where the mall itself could be in the photo. 

While I can't say that this is typical, but one time when I was at Smith Haven Mall (Which is also owned by Simon) a few years ago I had taken a few pictures of buses with my cell phone in full veiw of a security camrea and mall sercurity never said came to say anything to me, and I was fully expecting them to especially when a security car passed by. (Though not while I was taken photos.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had no problem taking pics there, but I'm pretty discrete taking pics with my iphone.  I don't have a huge camera with a huge zoom lens looking like I'm taking a photographer on a photoshoot.

I'm thinking along the same line as Mac, maybe since they moved the bus area away from the mall management  doesn't care about photos of the buses.  If someone is taking pics in/near the mall they might think they're casing the joint.

I had to wait a whole extra hour for the n79.

I wish they would build a small bathroom facility there...  I've been stuck there for an hour or more, many times it's the bus that'slate so i don't know if I'm gonna miss it by going going to the mall to use the bathroom.

While I'm at they should make the bus area BUSES only, cars go flying through there to get to the next plaza where Petsmart is and often going the wrong way in the one way.  They should put up a gate like at NCC that will only open for authorized vehicles. There's going to be a bad accident in the bus area (if there already hasn't been one) or someone waiting for a bus is going to be killed.  I have seen inexperienced younger looking drivers flying through the bus area with packed snow on the ground almost losing control, thinking the whole situation is funny.

Archived